Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 5 Mar 2005, 14:40 (Ref:1243330)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Homestead Toyota Indy 300 weekend thread

So the first race is finaly here.

Qualification starts at 11:45 a.m EST. (4:45 p.m. GMT).

Live timing and scoring link

The race starts tomorrow at 2:15 p.m EST. (7:15 p.m. GMT)

Live on ESPN (US) at 2 p.m. (EST).
Live in the UK on Sky sports 3 at 7 p.m. (GMT).

So who do you think will win? Well I reckon Bryan Herta will win, he certainly has the talent.

Last edited by luke; 5 Mar 2005 at 14:43. Reason: Fixed link
Old 5 Mar 2005, 17:26 (Ref:1243430)   #2
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's wide open right now, with alot of drivers with a chance to win, although I think it will be someone with a Honda.

AGR is going to be tough to defeat. Great cars, great teamwork, and four drivers that are good enough to win any race out there. Scott Sharp could be the dark horse favorite here though, and I think he's going to surprise some people this year that wrote him off. Is Meria or Matsurra ready to take that next step this year? How good is Ryan Briscoe, and will Darren Manning become the new star on that team? Can Scheckter be competitive in the Chevy's or will he continue to have bad luck? Is Toyota going to pick-up their game, or will they fade out without putting up a fight?

Alot of questions could be answered tommorrow...

Danica Patrick
Old 5 Mar 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1243508)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You're right, GP....

Lots of questions...

One note that did not surprise me...

The showing of the Chevy engines today (even though I didn't pick them in my Forum Picks)

Rick Long is a superb engine builder (probably the best in this form of racing), and if he is handling Panther's program (as Team Owner indicated in another thread), then Panther is in good hands and they will be very fast...

I was surprised at how AGR qualified today...only Franchitti in the Top Ten...if I remember correctly....

But maybe they are focused on race set-ups....

BTW...

I have posted Qualifying Results in the "Pick 'Em" thread....

Last edited by Tim Northcutt; 5 Mar 2005 at 19:29.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 5 Mar 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1243520)   #4
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seem's that one of those questions was answered, LOUDLY! Chevy will be competitive!

Danica Patrick
Old 5 Mar 2005, 21:03 (Ref:1243596)   #5
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chevy on the pole, incredible. Ryan Brisco apparently crashed pretty hard, but he must be OK.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 23:26 (Ref:1243774)   #6
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking at that starting grid the question has to be asked, what the heck is going on?!? If Chevy was planning on putting in serious R&D, why aren't they supplying multiple teams to improve their chances of success? I figured the best possible scenerio would be that Chevy cars would be battling for 10th, but I thought that was a huge stretch! I don't want to get too overzelous, we'll have to see how they do in the race. eg. What if their fuel consumption is much higher than Honda and Toyota?

On a side note, Carpentier as well as Barron are not even close.

Last edited by Snrub; 5 Mar 2005 at 23:29.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 00:52 (Ref:1243934)   #7
Refutation
Racer

Refutation should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
You're right, GP....

Lots of questions...

One note that did not surprise me...

The showing of the Chevy engines today (even though I didn't pick them in my Forum Picks)

Rick Long is a superb engine builder (probably the best in this form of racing), and if he is handling Panther's program (as Team Owner indicated in another thread), then Panther is in good hands and they will be very fast...

I was surprised at how AGR qualified today...only Franchitti in the Top Ten...if I remember correctly....

But maybe they are focused on race set-ups....

BTW...

I have posted Qualifying Results in the "Pick 'Em" thread....
AGR very rarely made appearances in the top 5 of qualifying last year,I'm not at all surprised at how they qualified.They put up the results where it matters.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1244421)   #8
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Danica Patrick did a good job, qualifying 9th.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 14:37 (Ref:1244528)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I simply cannot believe the Panther-Chevy's are so fast........but I cannot see past anything other than an AGR victory.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1244773)   #10
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Be sure to get your remotes set for both ESPN and ESPN2, and do it now...

You'll definitely want to "channel surf to see botht race itself as it is telecast on ESPN, plus the "In-Car" perspective throughout the event on the Deuce...

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 6 Mar 2005, 18:51 (Ref:1244775)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was an interesting grid,a dn I really hope the Chevvies aren't flattering to decieve, as it'#s great to see all 3 engines looking competitive. Rahal might be the strongest of the Honda teams, with Patrick settling in quickly. Other than Briscoe the backmarkers are largely as expected, and I'm pleased to see Roger Yasukawa in the top 10 on his return.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 19:27 (Ref:1244819)   #12
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And we're greeeeen...

Feels good getting live coverage again after a year of 15-minute recaps..

Shame about Franchitti there...

Ah, nice - just noticed now I get a pretty much raw feed, with no commercial breaks
Old 6 Mar 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1244825)   #13
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whoa, crazy restart by Scheckter.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1244831)   #14
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Second yellow, due to debris.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1244840)   #15
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Third caution comes out right away, again for debris...
Old 6 Mar 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1244848)   #16
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Franchitti's engine blew. Tough break for him, and Ryan Briscoe hit turn 4 after he ran wide on pit entrance.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 19:59 (Ref:1244852)   #17
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Fourth caution - Ryan Briscoe has crashed. Lost it all on his own.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1244923)   #18
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Huge crash on a restart! Several cars involved, including Patrick, Sharp & others.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 20:58 (Ref:1244926)   #19
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
What a bad break for Danica - she had the wreck cleared but had nowhere to go when a much slower car ended up in her path
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1244930)   #20
Snips1
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Snips1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well there is a certain Japanese driver who needs to learn a lesson or go back to Japan with his stupid yens...
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:03 (Ref:1244932)   #21
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips1
Well there is a certain Japanese driver who needs to learn a lesson or go back to Japan with his stupid yens...
Could've happened to anyone.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:04 (Ref:1244933)   #22
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips1
We don't usually go with bashing (or racism) on this forum.

Drivers crash in races from time to time - Matsuura doesn't do it often.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1244948)   #23
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Tomas Scheckter was just interviewed, and he was not happy.

Last edited by rustyfan; 6 Mar 2005 at 21:13.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1244951)   #24
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Green flag next time by. Should be one heckuva shootout for the win.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:16 (Ref:1244952)   #25
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's done similar things in the past himself.

Racing drivers have short memories!