Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 16 Feb 2005, 14:55 (Ref:1227270)   #1
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Broken zip - sparco suit

....can this be repaired. a couple of the little rectangular bits of the zip have been pulled off.....was a little too egar in the toilets
Old 16 Feb 2005, 15:08 (Ref:1227276)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Your local dry cleaners can probably put a new zip in for you. Failing that e-mail Sparco or AWS and ask them for a costing.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1227327)   #3
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
andy_b

PM me with the length of your zip and i will give you a price on it . It's a Nomex zip and any taylor or person handy with a sewing machine should be able to fit it.

Regards Jason
Old 23 Feb 2005, 06:19 (Ref:1233114)   #4
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
tried a few tailors actually and no one wants to go near it, so I'll massure it later Jason

thanks
Old 25 Feb 2005, 15:34 (Ref:1235775)   #5
Rapido
Rookie

Rapido should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FYI...I just had my zip repaired by a well known high street dry cleaners (not sure I should mention the name, but there's one in every town). Charged me just under £30 and did a very good job. Make sure you specify metal zip though!!
Old 25 Feb 2005, 23:21 (Ref:1236213)   #6
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>>>>>>Make sure you specify metal zip though!!

And make sure it's on flame retardant tape using flame retardant thread or it'll invalidate the homologation and you could have the suit confiscated. Oh and it's a b*gg*r to do properly.
Old 1 Mar 2005, 14:48 (Ref:1239086)   #7
archibold
Racer

United Kingdom
London
archibold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sent mine back to DT when it went and Sparco fixed it, if I remember correctly I only paid the postage....but it was a couple of years ago.

Archibold
Old 9 Mar 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1247942)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
same happened to myne, just at the top tho i havnt done anything about it yet.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..