Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Sep 2013, 10:22 (Ref:3303258)   #76
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Claire I do think you miss the point sometimes. 6 hrs in one stint is a big ask for an old car whether you want to agree or not its a fact and I think as a man with a lot of past and present mechanical knowledge I am in a better position then you to make this statement. The Mondeo was slow so obviously could stand a better chance of finishing but who really wants to see a field of bog standard cars buzzing around for 6 hours or be in one, not me you may as well race a 2CV! I agreed that you are better off opening it up to the later BMW's and Jap stuff with their later technology and superior reliability what more do you want me to say but as for lugging a car halfway round the world to get one crack at a 6 hr race no thanks but maybe 3 or 4 cracks over two weekends with 30 minute races sounds a lot more viable and that is what the topic is about not the 360.

AL, Im NOT missing the point YOU ARE.

JR made a statement and its true, sorry but it is. The world and his wife on this forum will say they are interested in doing stuff and then NOT do it, all the excuses in the world WILL and DID come out (and Im not just talking about me ..JT got burnt at Spa Last year when everyone wanted to go and half a dozen turned up!) ...thats the point, forget if ya car is old or not (the six hour of Spa etc) its irrelevant, all I said and I stick by it is that TALK IS CHEAP...hiring a circuit etc IS NOT

Ta
C x
Old 13 Sep 2013, 15:58 (Ref:3303435)   #77
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To me this world is made up of sayers and doers. Whilst on this forum there are a lot of doers there appears to be at least as many if not more sayers.

I'd like to count myself as a doer although this season I've not been doing much doing. Hopefully things will get better. One thing, however, is that I'm totally against saying and then not doing.

Hope that makes sense, if not then put it down to now being a pensioner.

Pete Richards
Old 16 Sep 2013, 11:37 (Ref:3304643)   #78
Greg Cozier
Racer

Barbados
Barbados
Greg Cozier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperClan View Post
To me this world is made up of sayers and doers.

Pete Richards
A very wise man once said: 'There are three types of people in this world; those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what the hell just happened.'
Old 24 Sep 2013, 19:56 (Ref:3308882)   #79
Colin Parkinson
Rookie

England
Halifax 'Oop North'
Colin Parkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greg, PM sent.

Colin Parkinson