Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Apr 2022, 13:14 (Ref:4108413)   #26
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well maybe. Yes Hill is definitely in the best position to go for the title, and has the speed and ability to go with it.

But one thing he's not been exposed to, which has brought down many highly rated drivers, is the searing pressure that mounts the closer to a title decider the season gets. Throw in a bit of inter team rivalry as well...

I'll throw Tom Ingram and Jake Hill down for my bets anyway.
Old 29 Apr 2022, 14:11 (Ref:4108419)   #27
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
Well maybe. Yes Hill is definitely in the best position to go for the title, and has the speed and ability to go with it.

But one thing he's not been exposed to, which has brought down many highly rated drivers, is the searing pressure that mounts the closer to a title decider the season gets.
He was in the title battle until the final weekend last year.
Old 29 Apr 2022, 14:26 (Ref:4108422)   #28
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its got to be either Tingram or Jake Hill as the next BTCC champion. Although as others have pointed out Josh Cook and Dan Cammish are very formidable competitors and have decent machinery at their disposal! George Gamble could be a title threat in years to come if he can keep up his form from Donington last weekend.
Old 29 Apr 2022, 14:28 (Ref:4108423)   #29
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
He was in the title battle until the final weekend last year.
How deeply? A rank outsider with little to loose against Suttons dominance or a few points adrift and everything to play for.

There is quite a difference in the prestressed felt in both situations.
Old 24 Oct 2022, 07:22 (Ref:4131259)   #30
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We now know the second on the list.

The original question was answered by Sutton in 2017.
The same question asked in 2017 sees Ingram as the answer for 2022.

So who's next. A lot of people think that Hill is the most likely, and seems to have moves ahead of Cook and Cammish as the favourite for next BTCC champion.

Or will it be someone else who we haven't seen on the grid yet?

From the current grid, I (personally) would put Cammish as the most likely.
For those not on the grid today, I'll throw a name out - Jack Young.
Old 24 Oct 2022, 09:39 (Ref:4131282)   #31
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
We now know the second on the list.

The original question was answered by Sutton in 2017.
The same question asked in 2017 sees Ingram as the answer for 2022.

So who's next. A lot of people think that Hill is the most likely, and seems to have moves ahead of Cook and Cammish as the favourite for next BTCC champion.

Or will it be someone else who we haven't seen on the grid yet?

From the current grid, I (personally) would put Cammish as the most likely.
For those not on the grid today, I'll throw a name out - Jack Young.
Cammish needs the right car and team. I don't think he has that at the moment.
Old 24 Oct 2022, 19:57 (Ref:4131355)   #32
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say Hill or Cook, however the former a way more likely at the moment. Who knows what future brings in terms of where they'll be racing. But if Hill remains at WSR he's got high chances to win the title in the next 2-3 years. Cook would need either a change of team or a change of fortunes for BTC Racing (new car perhaps?)
Old 25 Oct 2022, 07:44 (Ref:4131392)   #33
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Cook can get a car that is on song for the whole season he is a shoe-in. I've lost count of the number of times he's been top dog for the 1st half or 2nd half of the season.
Old 25 Oct 2022, 14:57 (Ref:4131416)   #34
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Cook needs a better car certainly. Hill has definitely arrived this season and will get plenty of other chances