Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Jun 2005, 05:33 (Ref:1336769)   #1
lemanfan
Rookie

Slovakia
Slovakia
lemanfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans - turn 6 and turn 7 ?

Here are this year´s Le Mans turn speeds:
http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...se/Corners.pdf

speeds are for those corners:Porsche curves, Ford, turn 6, turn 7

Does anybody know which are curves 6 and 7? Are they part of Porsche curves?
Old 22 Jun 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1337010)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just counting them in my head. I think it is the Esses. 6 and 7 is quite early in the lap. It depends on how it is counted (e.g. is the Dunlop chicane 1 or 2?). Possibly Esess and Tetre Rouge?

The length of each 'sector' is at the top of each column.

I don't think I've seen data of this kind before. Nice.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1337025)   #3
lemanfan
Rookie

Slovakia
Slovakia
lemanfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Just counting them in my head. I think it is the Esses. 6 and 7 is quite early in the lap. It depends on how it is counted (e.g. is the Dunlop chicane 1 or 2?). Possibly Esess and Tetre Rouge?

The length of each 'sector' is at the top of each column.

I don't think I've seen data of this kind before. Nice.
Esess are slow chicanes. If you look at speeds in T7 for Pescarolo cars
which are fastes there / 234 kph/ it looks like it is one of porsche curves / I think/ .
You can see that Pescarolo cars are some 8 kph faster than Audi cars at this corner!
Old 22 Jun 2005, 12:03 (Ref:1337052)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let me just convert this to old money to give myself a better idea. Taking #2 speeds:
T6 107.4mph
T7 141mph

Also these speeds are an averages and will be higher than the minimum speed obtained in that corner.

T7 could well be Tetre Rouge. I think those speeds are representative of the Esses and Tetre Rouge.

Turns 6 and 7 are quite early on the circuit. I also assumed that T7 was immediately after T6! If you count the curves around the circuit then the Porsche curves would be nearer T20.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 12:34 (Ref:1337113)   #5
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting speeds...

I was camped at the Tertre Rouge campsite, overlooking the Esses. First part (right hander) is more or less flat out down the hill from the Dunlop Bridge (I guess around 200 km/h), then they brake for the second part (left), so that ain't T6 & T7 - the speeds are wrong way round.

Thinking about it, T6 and T7 could be the second (left) part of the Esses, followed by the open right hander that leads into the short straight immediately before Tertre Rouge.

Or possibly Tertre Rouge followed by the flat open right onto Mulsanne. Looking at the distances (2nd column) though, just under 400m doesn't seem far enough.

Would be interesting to confirm - having picked out Ford and Porsche curves, you'd think they'd choose another interesting one like Tertre Rouge.

Another thought - it could be the first Mulsanne chicane... depends whether they count Dunlop and the Esses as single "turns" or not ... !!
Old 22 Jun 2005, 21:58 (Ref:1337718)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
If it was the Esses. My only thought was that it would be the left and the right as 6 and 7. Although the speeds are two different. However it all depends on the begining and ends of the little sectors and whether they contain acceleration of braking areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
Thinking about it, T6 and T7 could be the second (left) part of the Esses, followed by the open right hander that leads into the short straight immediately before Tertre Rouge.
Like you, I get the impression that the T6 and T7 'sectors' are next to each other with no gap. This is what makes me think it is the open right before Tetre Rouge (as you call it garcon - I classed that as part of the Esses) and Tetre Rouge itself. Is just under 400m about right for those corners? It is not enough for Tetre to the first Mulsanne corner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
Or possibly Tertre Rouge followed by the flat open right onto Mulsanne. Looking at the distances (2nd column) though, just under 400m doesn't seem far enough.
I'd not considered that. Could be.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 11:14 (Ref:1338209)   #7
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, I think my idea of what is/was the Esses has been confused a little by the new bit after Dunlop!