Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 7 Aug 2006, 17:18 (Ref:1676791)   #1
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Richard Brent Going to allow us to talk to him after his TV appearance?

Richard Brent (fast DTRC Peugeot 205 driver) has just been interviewed on Monday night's BBC News at 6pm.
Guess we have to pay to speak to him now!!(lol) We are not worthy Mr Brent.
Will BARC-SE have to pay him to enter their races now he is famous!!!!
Old 7 Aug 2006, 19:38 (Ref:1676924)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What was the subject matter - are we talking the national BBC1 6 o'clock news?
Old 7 Aug 2006, 20:47 (Ref:1677008)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
So in my race reports now it'll have to be "Richard Brent - Mr 205 and TV Star". Before you know it the whole grid will have been on TV - last year Rod, Pete Wilkinson and Bill were all on the news (racing related - it wasn't some sort of crime syndicate!).
Old 7 Aug 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1677073)   #4
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, you had me worried that that Lord FG had implicated the entire DTRC field in something dodgy.

At least it wasn't on Crimewatch.

Rob.
Old 8 Aug 2006, 07:11 (Ref:1677299)   #5
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was on last night's 6pm news in relation to the BP oil field being shut down in Alaska, and as he runs a BP garage in Bristol (or Bristle to us locals), he was interviewed by some BBC reporter about petrol prices.

He will get some stick for that ! Mind you, I can talk, I have been on TV twice(no, not Police 5 or Crimewatch) and have been interviewed by Mary Nightingale (drool) live! Southern TV sports section also interviewed me at Lydden, many years ago when I could fit into a Van Dieman FF!!

Rumour has it that LFG claimed in court that the entire DTRC field can give him an alibi for anything!!!!
Old 8 Aug 2006, 08:37 (Ref:1677387)   #6
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone seen a DIY show on cable,for the ladies, a sort of 'Girls doing it for themselves' type of thing? Well niether have I but about 18 months ago they came to my shop and asked to do a filming sequence of the 'star' bartering with me and discussing some digital printing. They did it in one take and told me I was a natural but no repeat contracts requested They said it was going to be screened in 2006 but as I don't subscribe God knows if it ever went out.
Old 8 Aug 2006, 22:04 (Ref:1677966)   #7
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You sly ol' dog Al.