Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Feb 2015, 02:02 (Ref:3505038)   #5151
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
If only...
I wish we could see all the cars like that for comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
I agree. it looks too front-heavy.
Maybe they need to move the cockpit back and put the engine up front
Old 23 Feb 2015, 21:50 (Ref:3508150)   #5152
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not exactly 919 related beyond being Porsche related. Something to fill the void for those of us whom have a passion for the Marques history and Le Mans.

youtube.com/watch?v=aLtavTSnZKs

One of, if not the best videos I have seen of the 956. It includes some development work leading up to Le Mans 1982 as well. A must for anyone that enjoyed in-car 956.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 22:58 (Ref:3508185)   #5153
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does any one know if Norbert Singer is involved in the 919 project?
Old 24 Feb 2015, 07:12 (Ref:3508276)   #5154
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Not exactly 919 related beyond being Porsche related. Something to fill the void for those of us whom have a passion for the Marques history and Le Mans.

youtube.com/watch?v=aLtavTSnZKs

One of, if not the best videos I have seen of the 956. It includes some development work leading up to Le Mans 1982 as well. A must for anyone that enjoyed in-car 956.
I remember watching some of the 1982 race on the TV and it giving me the idea of going, finally made it in 1985 and got hooked, a great video thanks for posting
Old 24 Feb 2015, 09:03 (Ref:3508306)   #5155
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post

Who knows? Every time I think he's retired he pops up in someone's pit garage haha.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 09:52 (Ref:3508328)   #5156
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I don't think so. He acts as a consultant to some Porsche GT teams (or at least he was doing this some time ago).
Old 25 Feb 2015, 05:25 (Ref:3508670)   #5157
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's something strange in the neighborhood! Both Neel Jani and Brendon Hartley have new Red Bull helmets. If we include Webber's helmet into the fray then we have 3 drivers so far with Red Bull helmets. Could this mean that the 2015 Porsche will be in Red Bull colors?
Old 25 Feb 2015, 07:02 (Ref:3508685)   #5158
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well IMHO anything has got to be better than the 2014 paint job
Old 25 Feb 2015, 07:37 (Ref:3508691)   #5159
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Agreed.
Old 25 Feb 2015, 08:29 (Ref:3508716)   #5160
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
So... I asked Neel whether the 2015 Porsche would be in red bull colors:
His reply: Neel Jani def. not but the car will still look nice:-)!
Old 2 Mar 2015, 15:01 (Ref:3510774)   #5161
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Porsche testing in Spain.
Old 3 Mar 2015, 18:30 (Ref:3511259)   #5162
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Porsche quietly testing in Aragon:
]
Old 3 Mar 2015, 19:03 (Ref:3511272)   #5163
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Porsche quietly testing in Aragon:
]
I cannot wait to see how the new girl performs. Are you still planning on going to Le Mans this year?
Old 3 Mar 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3511275)   #5164
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I'm going to Europe in July. Too late. Too bad!!!
You?
Old 3 Mar 2015, 19:18 (Ref:3511278)   #5165
porman
Veteran

I will be in Le Mans the week after the race. Don't even get me started!!!!

Old 3 Mar 2015, 19:32 (Ref:3511286)   #5166
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I will be in Le Mans the week after the race. Don't even get me started!!!!

Well i hear they are looking for people to help clear up after the party, don't forget to take your dustpan and brush
Sorry for that but why are you missing the party
Old 3 Mar 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3511317)   #5167
porman
Veteran

Funny, I usually appreciate British humor.
I will not be in attendance because I don't have my priorities straight. The sad truth is that myself and wife have conflicting work schedules and the kids are still in school. I can't justify going to Le Mans for the weekend (to the wife atleast) coming back, then going back yet again the following week.

Sorry for the rant as this doesn't pertain to the 919 in the least. Enjoy the festivities and have a good laugh at this poor Yank.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 03:21 (Ref:3511466)   #5168
porman
Veteran

Interesting Hartmut Kristen interview ...
https://www.pca.org/panorama
Old 4 Mar 2015, 06:04 (Ref:3511499)   #5169
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Thank you Porman. A great Article!
Old 4 Mar 2015, 07:37 (Ref:3511519)   #5170
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

That is a very good interview, thanks for posting that up porman . Some very interesting comments there not only about the present but about past programs which I really enjoy reading about-who would've thought an RSR would be more intensive to run then a late 90s GT1 car?
Old 4 Mar 2015, 12:14 (Ref:3511622)   #5171
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Does anyone remember when it is that the teams have to declare which MJ class they will run in?
Old 4 Mar 2015, 14:17 (Ref:3511657)   #5172
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Wow, he wasn't pulling any punches there. Especially when talking about the ACO caving to whatever a manufacturer wants as a waiver.

Quote:
Aston Martin and Corvette were fighting against each other, and most of the competition didn’t take place on the track; it took place off track. Both were complaining about using parts that were not allowed, and everybody figured out the parts were okay because they got the secret ‘ok’ from the rule makers to use the part. And that’s stupid. It started with them having no idea how to keep competition alive, how to attract manufacturers. They got caught up in the idea of buying people to like them: ‘You get everything you want if you say yes and join our series.’ And this still happens; that’s crazy.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 16:25 (Ref:3511693)   #5173
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Did Hartmut just acknowledge the 2000 Porsche LMP1 project!?
Old 4 Mar 2015, 17:46 (Ref:3511723)   #5174
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Yup. And still said that doing the Cayenne instead was the right move. It made Porsche money rich, the lmp1 probably would have made them pedigree rich. But at least they still had the 911. It shows that no company can escape a trend. If they miss out on it it could cost the company so much that it cant afford racing.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 21:04 (Ref:3511800)   #5175
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Does anyone remember when it is that the teams have to declare which MJ class they will run in?
I believe that the deadline expired end of February, but honestly I am not entirely sure