Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Aug 2000, 22:25 (Ref:29446)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tony Cockhead, oh Cochrane has come up with another classic Tonyism...

It seems as though he's decided on next years calendar, without consulting anyone...

1stly he wants to go back to the October long weekend, which is fair enough i guess. The problem is that is the same weekend of the NRL/AFL grand finals, thus attendances would be down.

2ndly, in his infinte wisdom he has decided to set a date THE SAME DAY AS THE GOLD COAST INDY!!! But wait for it, it gets better...He then sent a request to Bobby Rahal for Cart to move their date!!!

from AA:
"Bobby's initial reaction is why don't you guys just move, (your date) which is fair enough, if i was in Bobby's position i would ask the same thing. It is a little hard for American's to get their head around the fact that we are a bigger championship in this country."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Ah, doesn't the Gold Coast Indy get over 200,000 people, making it bigger than any SCS event, by a good 150,000??
-Ah doesn't channel 10 broadcast the event, if given a choice, Indy would always get priority.
-Ah, who's going to race with you Tony? People like to watch support classes you know, and most of the good ones are scared of the Gold Coast concrete...
-Ah, this isn't super touring that you are trying to **** off Tony, Cart is a million times what V8s are or will ever be.

I think it is time Cochrane sat up and smelt the coffee. If only Cams could step in and do something, but we now all know that Cochrane is the boss of motorsport in the Southern Hemisphere now....I just hope Cams sue the pants off em..
Old 10 Aug 2000, 00:12 (Ref:29467)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yeah tony does struggle with some of his ideas, sure scs seems to be getting bigger and bigger, but setting dates for races cant be that difficult here in oz (vs f1, cart, they dont worry about bike gp or wsbk)...theres 52 weekends a year tony, work it out.....winton rocks and is in my opinion the best scs race (great weekend in the bush) in victoria, i wont be a happy chappy if this race is lost to an overseas venture.
Old 10 Aug 2000, 02:00 (Ref:29477)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I hear ya gomick ..winton is the only track i get to each year ..if we lose its round then im gonna be ****ed.

as for Tony asking rahal..thats a bit rich isnt it..why would he even consider running against CART..there is no way channel 10 would be able to cover both races to a good level..tony my boy lay off the wacky tabacky and just play it cool dude
Old 10 Aug 2000, 17:00 (Ref:29609)   #4
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame I can't be at home just for this. Crash Test, would you kindly laugh at Cochrane twice as much and give him a DC wave, just for me?
Old 11 Aug 2000, 00:38 (Ref:29689)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gladly

If Winton loses its round there would be something wrong....look at how much they have upgraded the place, simply to keep their SCS round...
Old 12 Aug 2000, 21:00 (Ref:30019)   #6
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shades of Tasmania a couple of years ago?
Old 6 Mar 2004, 00:16 (Ref:895429)   #7
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nearly 4 years ago this classic thread was started and in 4 years NOTHING has changed with TC or Avesco.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 01:23 (Ref:895457)   #8
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony C got rejected. He was having a **** and his hand went to sleep.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 01:45 (Ref:895472)   #9
Big Voice
Racer

Big Voice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me or does TC seem to think that he speaks for and understands what the average Aussie and the World Wide audience want...

Maybe him and the several shiney bums at Avesco and Tega need to get off them( bums that is ) and mingle amonst the "average Joes" and get the correct information.

Who ever feeds TC his info does so from an ivory tower far far away from any where I know.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 01:57 (Ref:895478)   #10
The Tool Man
Veteran

If you send suggestions to Avesco you get no reply or some lame excuse as to why that wont work or told that its not what fans want. Send them some critiscism or a highly opinionated letter as to what you think of what they are doing and you get a reply almost immediately and its not usually a nice one.

AVESCO want money and lots of it they want it from teams sponsors and anyone else - they forget that we the average joe are paying good $$$$$ to see their show and buy the merchandise and that some of us have lived and breathed this sport for many many years- possibly longer than Tony has been at SEL / AVESCO and some of us and I am pleased to say all of us here at Ten Tenths for example know what we like, we dont like, and what we want from our racing obsession for our money. Weve all been here long enough and enough about the sport to know what we are on about. I for one have been a fan of Aussie Motorsport and especially Touring Cars etc since I was 5 in 1977. Thats a lot of years and Im only a youngster some others here could give a lot more imput. TONY LISTEN TO THE FANS.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 02:17 (Ref:895492)   #11
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
1stly he wants to go back to the October long weekend, which is fair enough i guess. The problem is that is the same weekend of the NRL/AFL grand finals, thus attendances would be down.
Best news I've read about Tony in years!!! I've been waiting for bathurst to go back to the "REAL" weekend since the 2L race stopped.. Plus it is only up against NRL.. not AFL!! Bring it on!!
Old 6 Mar 2004, 04:08 (Ref:895532)   #12
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah have to admit V8's back on the long weekend is the only thing he has got right.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 04:24 (Ref:895538)   #13
The Tool Man
Veteran

But its not - it is the weekend after the post that refers to that is 4 years old
Old 6 Mar 2004, 07:47 (Ref:895594)   #14
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Gonya Toolman... surely you could have come up with something more recent!...

I probably wouldn't post something to this extent these days as it seems that Tony C has buttoned off a bit on the volume control, and really doesn't have to tell anyone to stick it anymore. That said, I think the China experience is going to be a bit of an acid test...
Old 6 Mar 2004, 12:11 (Ref:895820)   #15
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if it goes ahead anyway..
Old 6 Mar 2004, 12:38 (Ref:895849)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just bale up TC or Kelvin in the paddock. They do sometimes frequent with the great unwashed... charity work I think its called
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Apr 2004, 05:23 (Ref:936224)   #17
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cochrane is on the TV playing with himself agian. Telling the world what a great venue Oran Park is. He is a boof head
Old 11 Apr 2004, 05:27 (Ref:936228)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Telephone call for Mr Perich... AV Jennings sir...!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Apr 2004, 05:38 (Ref:936234)   #19
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time for Cochrane to go
Old 11 Apr 2004, 05:50 (Ref:936237)   #20
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Just bale up TC or Kelvin in the paddock. They do sometimes frequent with the great unwashed... charity work I think its called
I thought it was Court ordered community service.......

oops thats a Rick Kelly if ever I've heard one...
Old 11 Apr 2004, 08:05 (Ref:936285)   #21
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tassie Contradiction

I like the way TC keeps saying it is all too hard to go to Tassie because he can't get Govt backing to upgrade Symmons Plains.....in almost the next breath he was rabbitting on about how successful street circuits are crowd wise....and then (after the initial design exercise) how easy they are to set up!!

Well if that's the case why isn't there one being run in Hobart this year??!! (as much as I would like money plowed into an existing circuit first, get some runs on the board, with the long suffering fans)

Highlight of a boring show was Murph saying "yeah! lets go back to Canberra! (maybe a warmer time of the year would be good next time round and maybe a more appropriate set of streets!)
Old 11 Apr 2004, 09:16 (Ref:936318)   #22
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by The Tool Man
If you send suggestions to Avesco you get no reply or some lame excuse as to why that wont work or told that its not what fans want. Send them some critiscism or a highly opinionated letter as to what you think of what they are doing and you get a reply almost immediately and its not usually a nice one.

AVESCO want money and lots of it they want it from teams sponsors and anyone else - they forget that we the average joe are paying good $$$$$ to see their show and buy the merchandise and that some of us have lived and breathed this sport for many many years- possibly longer than Tony has been at SEL / AVESCO and some of us and I am pleased to say all of us here at Ten Tenths for example know what we like, we dont like, and what we want from our racing obsession for our money. Weve all been here long enough and enough about the sport to know what we are on about. I for one have been a fan of Aussie Motorsport and especially Touring Cars etc since I was 5 in 1977. Thats a lot of years and Im only a youngster some others here could give a lot more imput. TONY LISTEN TO THE FANS.
Today, Tony C suggested that listening to the fans, as represented in arguement by Paul Gover, was emotive arguement and dismissed it.

btw - Paul, I'm sorry for everything I've said about you
Old 11 Apr 2004, 09:19 (Ref:936320)   #23
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Heh - you know why Tony Cochrane was similing through most of the show? Because both we and he can say whatever he likes, and people will still queue up to give money to him. Credit where credit is due, to be able to put yourself in such a position is pretty exceptional.
Old 11 Apr 2004, 10:06 (Ref:936354)   #24
TerryK
Racer

TerryK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Falcadore
Today, Tony C suggested that listening to the fans, as represented in arguement by Paul Gover, was emotive arguement and dismissed it.

btw - Paul, I'm sorry for everything I've said about you
I thought Paul was closer to the truth about what the fan wanted than anyone on the show before only to cop a serve from TC...Looks like Paul may read this forum...wonder if TC does ?
Old 11 Apr 2004, 10:31 (Ref:936368)   #25
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TC has to air his ideas in an open public forum. He hasn't got Bazza to consult with now, before he opens his mouth.