Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Mar 2012, 23:49 (Ref:3036735)   #1501
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
What promotion??? If you call the B12 website and a couple of YouTube video's, promotion. If that's the best the promoters could do, they did a good job of keeping the whole event a secret.
Lowndes is Australia's most well known motorsport personality, who just happens to drive in the most popular series. Audi saw in him, the capabilities of a good endurance driver (along with Luff). Yeah, it's a good bit of PR, more so for their busloads of dealer hacks and hangers on who got the full corporate spread laid on for the day.
Strictly from a selfish motorsport fans perspective, I couldn't give a rats about the numbers who turn up on race day. We got to go, just about anywhere we wanted to, around the circuit, during the 3 days we were there. I realize that for the event to grow and prosper, race day attendances will have to improve, but to see, up close and personal, some of the worlds best GT cars and a lot of great drivers racing around Australia's and arguably one of the worlds best tracks, it doesn't get any better (in Aus anyway).
Endurance racing isn't always about the finishing result, but we couldn't expect bogan V8SC fans to get that.
Sorry, I just had to throw that in, but you leave yourself wide open sometimes.
as i said those same people, like yourself, who critiscise the v8 bathurst race for certain shortcomings, happily accept the same shortcomings in the 12 hour race. Bit not only accept them you celebrate them.

As you pointed out, ther was limited promotion, apparantly some on here think thats a good thing, but what little there was was promoted to the fans of the v8 series, because afterall many of them are motorsport fans, apprantly they are some moronic underclass though

I dont think there is a need for name calling, usally name calling is for those that really dont have an argument.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 00:05 (Ref:3036738)   #1502
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
..........fans of the v8 series......apprantly they are some moronic underclass though............
Apparently so.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 00:08 (Ref:3036740)   #1503
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Apparently so.
like i said name calling is for people who dont have an argument.

the best you could come up with was a typo, you have been found wanting in your argument Porche

come back when you have one
Old 8 Mar 2012, 00:43 (Ref:3036758)   #1504
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
I see. That puts him in the car just in time for the rain on full tanks. It was a pretty impressive drive.
Thanks
quali would of been high 9s but got held up by the slow benz

then spun behind the safety car at forest elbow, very
Old 8 Mar 2012, 00:44 (Ref:3036759)   #1505
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
like i said name calling is for people who dont have an argument.

the best you could come up with was a typo, you have been found wanting in your argument Porche

come back when you have one
Name calling ?? I don't believe I've said anything nasty, if so, my apologies.
Argument ??? You've lost me there! I thought I detailed my points fairly well. There's no denying that the B12 has some issues to overcome, however my son and I had a great weekend at Bathurst, so I don't have too much to complain about.
As to the bogan comment, I've always maintained that us sports car racing fans are just a better class of bogan to the V8SC people.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 00:53 (Ref:3036763)   #1506
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by B24 View Post
Is it time for a B12 2013 thread?
Hopefully there will be more positive comments than the 2012 thread..
To improve(save?) the event it needs understanding of what was wrong-- from there it becomes possible to start correcting it.To that end--I do not see comments as a negative.
Promoters need help -- it is clear to me that there is not much common sense in the advice they are getting now.
Make the event stand alone-- don't align it with an Australian series --there simply is not a big enough pool of competitors to draw on if you narrow criteria.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 01:07 (Ref:3036768)   #1507
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
To improve(save?) the event it needs understanding of what was wrong-- from there it becomes possible to start correcting it.To that end--I do not see comments as a negative.
Promoters need help -- it is clear to me that there is not much common sense in the advice they are getting now.
Make the event stand alone-- don't align it with an Australian series --there simply is not a big enough pool of competitors to draw on if you narrow criteria.
Silver, I would think that the bigegst change they need to make is get an effective relationship with the local GT boys so that they support the race and we see a bigger more competitive field as a result.

alternately, they could reconsider going bacl to a production car race.

But the race cant survive in its current format, something needs to give there
Old 8 Mar 2012, 02:38 (Ref:3036788)   #1508
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Name calling ?? I don't believe I've said anything nasty, if so, my apologies.
Argument ??? You've lost me there! I thought I detailed my points fairly well. There's no denying that the B12 has some issues to overcome, however my son and I had a great weekend at Bathurst, so I don't have too much to complain about.
As to the bogan comment, I've always maintained that us sports car racing fans are just a better class of bogan to the V8SC people.
You been to a v8 event sometime recently and check out the crowd... Ain't all bogans like you think
Old 8 Mar 2012, 03:24 (Ref:3036797)   #1509
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
You been to a v8 event sometime recently and check out the crowd... Ain't all bogans like you think
Of course not, but unfortunately the few that are there sort of spoil it for others.
By the way, sorry!!
I thought I might get a nibble, didn't mean to start a full on feeding frenzy
Old 8 Mar 2012, 03:28 (Ref:3036798)   #1510
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
then spun behind the safety car at forest elbow, very
Yeah, and unfortunately the cameras caught you sorting out the aftermath.
Bairdo on the other hand did a very rapid 360 out of the chase in the afternoon. No cameras, no commentary, and I wonder if he even bothered to tell his crew the reason for the slightly slower lap
Old 8 Mar 2012, 03:32 (Ref:3036801)   #1511
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Of course not, but unfortunately the few that are there sort of spoil it for others.
By the way, sorry!!
I thought I might get a nibble, didn't mean to start a full on feeding frenzy
yeah i wanted to go to the 12 hour race but one of the guys who was attending wanted to punch my head in.

I've never had that offer in v8s

So remind me again whos spoils it for others

a smaller crowd just means there are less morons, it doesnt mean they are not there
Old 8 Mar 2012, 03:44 (Ref:3036803)   #1512
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, and unfortunately the cameras caught you sorting out the aftermath.
Bairdo on the other hand did a very rapid 360 out of the chase in the afternoon. No cameras, no commentary, and I wonder if he even bothered to tell his crew the reason for the slightly slower lap
Both the third-placed Ferrari and the Lowndes Audi (don't know who was behind the wheel) had 'offs' at the Chase left-hander, in the first (dry) stage of the race, probably the first hour - I have the photographic evidence
Old 8 Mar 2012, 03:57 (Ref:3036806)   #1513
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say that I had a ball there on Sunday. I arrived Saturday evening after a day at the Wakefield Park historics, and camped. Getting up at 5am in the dark, wandering around in dark trying to find a good possie for the start, all made for a great atmosphere and fed the excitement.

The lack of crowds was a plus as there was no elbowing people out of the way for a view, and you could move around as much as you liked. I thought that the race between the top three or four cars was spellbinding, and cannot see how anyone can complain. Seeing those cars handle the conditions on top of the mountain with spray and cloud/fog limiting visibility, without taking out themselves and/or a back marker ... it's what makes us (me) motorsport spectators!! If it isn't obvious, I will be back! (next time with some better wet weather gear)
Old 8 Mar 2012, 04:06 (Ref:3036808)   #1514
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
as i said those same people, like yourself, who critiscise the v8 bathurst race for certain shortcomings, happily accept the same shortcomings in the 12 hour race. Bit not only accept them you celebrate them.

As you pointed out, ther was limited promotion, apparantly some on here think thats a good thing, but what little there was was promoted to the fans of the v8 series, because afterall many of them are motorsport fans, apprantly they are some moronic underclass though

I dont think there is a need for name calling, usally name calling is for those that really dont have an argument.
Truth is they are. They think Holden and ford are the only cars to exsist on this planet! I really do hope nissan clean sweep the series! let the bogans cry!

btw not saying your in that mornic class.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 04:14 (Ref:3036810)   #1515
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
Truth is they are. They think Holden and ford are the only cars to exsist on this planet! I really do hope nissan clean sweep the series! let the bogans cry!

btw not saying your in that mornic class.
thanks for proving that not just v8 fans can be moronic.

you might want to attend some time and you will notice that the car park is not full of fords and holdens. Last year i went to bathurst in a Kia, the year before a toyota and this year its likely to be a lexus lexus

Most fans are actually excited about Nissan joining, they will cry no more for a nissan win than they will if any other brand apart from there favourite wins. the only fans who are really upset will be holdn fans who are also Kelly Racing fans
Old 8 Mar 2012, 04:40 (Ref:3036814)   #1516
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Come on guys way to much talk of v8s in this thread. The event hasn't fallen that far
Old 8 Mar 2012, 07:50 (Ref:3036847)   #1517
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
Yeah, turn one, Queensland Raceway, on the Saturday, last year. It is Ipswich, so I suppose I shouldn't expect any better. Sorry, but it just confirmed my opinion. Then again, I could try attending the Gold Coast 600, where the crowds are supposedly better behaved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Come on guys way to much talk of v8s in this thread. The event hasn't fallen that far
Too true. Sorry to go OT.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3036882)   #1518
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
yeah i wanted to go to the 12 hour race but one of the guys who was attending wanted to punch my head in.
I would have thought a bloke like you could "get his head punched in" anywhere.........why go all the way to Bathurst?
Old 8 Mar 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3036903)   #1519
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
I would have thought a bloke like you could "get his head punched in" anywhere.........why go all the way to Bathurst?
nope been to 100's of race and have only threatened at a 12 hour race.

clearly there are plenty of bogans at spoerts car races, maybe just meat heads
Old 8 Mar 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3036933)   #1520
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
nope been to 100's of race and have only threatened at a 12 hour race.

clearly there are plenty of bogans at spoerts car races, maybe just meat heads
What about in pubs?.......or anywhere else?
Old 8 Mar 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3036935)   #1521
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
What about in pubs?.......or anywhere else?
hardly relevant, but nope

but anyway blue, how can we make next years race better, assuming it happens
Old 8 Mar 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3037208)   #1522
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
hardly relevant, but nope

but anyway blue, how can we make next years race better, assuming it happens
They have to work with Aust. GT and the proddy boys to get more cars on the track and at the same time not alienate overseas competitors, address the cost issues, tyre issues and the timing of the event.........it's not rocket science, just keep talking to resolve issues.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 00:02 (Ref:3037319)   #1523
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I've never had that offer in v8s

So remind me again whos spoils it for others

a smaller crowd just means there are less morons, it doesnt mean they are not there
maybe because of the smaller crowd you would have been easier to find?

In any case, how would they know who you were unless you went up to them and said "hey, I'm Peckstar"??

seems a bit sensationalist
Old 9 Mar 2012, 02:31 (Ref:3037348)   #1524
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
yeah i wanted to go to the 12 hour race but one of the guys who was attending wanted to punch my head in.I've never had that offer in v8s So remind me again whos spoils it for others a smaller crowd just means there are less morons, it doesnt mean they are not there
I'm sure that if you stood on your soap box on top of the mountain in October and repeated what you said on here about JR to them that you would have been lucky to get out of there alive , never mind getting a punch in the head.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 02:41 (Ref:3037350)   #1525
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
I'm sure that if you stood on your soap box on top of the mountain in October and repeated what you said on here about JR to them that you would have been lucky to get out of there alive , never mind getting a punch in the head.
Its not really relevant to this thread but you seem to want to discuss V8's

Sat in the pub at bathurst in October and discussed the same topic

only had one meathead want to punch my head in and he wanted to do it at the 12 hour race

Go figure