Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Apr 2012, 09:11 (Ref:3066834)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Entry's for the tour are filling up fast."we have eight cars confirmed".Please Pm me if you are unterested I will save you a space,
Old 29 Apr 2012, 20:56 (Ref:3067139)   #27
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Entry's for the tour are filling up fast."we have eight cars confirmed".Please Pm me if you are unterested I will save you a space,
I take it you mean "uninterested" then
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Apr 2012, 06:01 (Ref:3067248)   #28
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well spotted our Gordon
Old 22 May 2012, 15:11 (Ref:3077854)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just over a week to go.Who's coming and also any one still interested in the "Tour" we are running. MGB's accepted,looking at the entry list last night seems we have atracted mostley Ferrari's and GT40's so I would like to have some proper cars enter.
Old 22 May 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3077876)   #30
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry Iain, I can't make either the Saturday or the Sunday, I'm instructing all that weekend. Can't get out of it. I'll sort something for the auction, I'll PM you.
Old 24 May 2012, 21:53 (Ref:3078985)   #31
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just in from the bike ride ,My freind Peter Jones has sorted out a brilliant route. Very enjoyable gonna be a good afternoon with BBQ and beers to follow. Up to 15 entry's now for the tour and they are still coming in so my estimate of 30 is looking good.
Old 30 May 2012, 12:02 (Ref:3081808)   #32
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How are numbers looking now Iain for tour & show.

Will see you on Sunday for bacon rolls, sorry we cannot make Saturday as we have a wedding to go to.
Old 30 May 2012, 13:14 (Ref:3081852)   #33
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just fantasitc responce Alan. We are taking reserves for the tour,three weeks ago we only had two entries now its over 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if the weather stays fine I suspect we will have a bumper turn out.How many marshalls will you be bringing.
Old 30 May 2012, 14:11 (Ref:3081887)   #34
Alan Crook
Veteran

Quote:
How many marshalls will you be bringing.
Sorry to say it looks like there are just 3 of us as most people are out on a circuit or have other commitments, but we will continue to twist arms.
Old 30 May 2012, 15:46 (Ref:3081938)   #35
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry to say it looks like there are just 3 of us
There may be 4 of us Alan, except SWMBO doesn't know it yet.
Old 30 May 2012, 16:25 (Ref:3081950)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Gosh my very own C of the C. Hope you can come.
Old 30 May 2012, 18:37 (Ref:3082032)   #37
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain, want a Mustang?

I'm racing at Brands Mon/Tues so was going to go down there on Saturday but that plan may be off.

If I came down to SRFoS on Saturday is there anywhere I can camp overnight?
( 30' RV + car trailer).

What timeish would you be packing up on Sunday?
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 31 May 2012, 06:31 (Ref:3082249)   #38
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yes please. No probs with parking. Show finnishes at 4pm Sunday as the estate has to get back too work.Come down any time Saturday that suits you. Many thanks.PM sent with directions
Old 31 May 2012, 07:18 (Ref:3082270)   #39
Alan Crook
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
There may be 4 of us Alan, except SWMBO doesn't know it yet.
Was counting you as 1 of the 3 !!!
Old 31 May 2012, 07:19 (Ref:3082271)   #40
Alan Crook
Veteran

Quote:
Gosh my very own C of the C. Hope you can come.
C of C not sure where that came from as Chigley is normally safety car observer !!!
Old 31 May 2012, 10:51 (Ref:3082381)   #41
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Was counting you as 1 of the 3 !!!
SWMBO is coming as well (provided the weather holds) and SWMBO "may" be persuaded to become number 4 but she isn't aware of it yet!!!
Old 31 May 2012, 11:20 (Ref:3082405)   #42
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
C of C not sure where that came from as Chigley is normally safety car observer !!!
Useuall Delta confusion. Nothing new
Old 31 May 2012, 13:44 (Ref:3082606)   #43
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Usual Delta spelling. Nothing new!
Old 31 May 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3082650)   #44
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Usual Delta spelling. Nothing new!
Looking forward to catching up next weekend John.
Old 31 May 2012, 16:36 (Ref:3082693)   #45
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this Forum should apply to the UN for Deltaese to be recognised as a unique and precious form of pidgin English.

If we play our cards right, we could get an Arts Council grant, and spend it all on ale on the grounds that consumption of ale increases fluency in the lingo....
Old 31 May 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3082742)   #46
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Deltan? Deltish? Deltglais?
Old 31 May 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3082765)   #47
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Deltaese could also have its own acronym: COrnishman's Broken British Language Enhanced Racer's Speak (COBBLERS!)
Old 31 May 2012, 20:26 (Ref:3082856)   #48
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Deltan? Deltish? Deltglais?
I like Deltish. It sounds like something out of Tolkien.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 05:36 (Ref:3083022)   #49
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Back on track looks like I have been dealt a blow with the weather.Thats two year,s on the trott now. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 06:18 (Ref:3083030)   #50
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Back on track looks like I have been dealt a blow with the weather.Thats two year,s on the trott now. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Yes, looks like Saturday the best day. The awning is in truck Iain, and will bring a couple of shelters for cars.

When's the bike ride? Please say Saturday.......