Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Mar 2008, 03:39 (Ref:2164941)   #76
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Sadly the front engined GT Ford that was going to be produced when GT40 production stopped seems to be dead, even though the bigger block new Ford engine is not.
Bob
Old 30 Mar 2008, 18:27 (Ref:2165363)   #77
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
The 935 was just as much a street car as the McLaren, and a Brit classic car tested the Evo verses the 935 and said the Evo was docile compared tot he 935 so that is three GTs.
You throw the word prototype around without defining it, but then so does the ACO.
since when has the 935 being a street car?, as far as i know it was strictly a race special and no road versions were produced, and as for prototype meaning:

prototype or LMP as is popular-purpose built race car, no homologation required, NOT based off a road car.

the 935 in my eyes is a prototype as it doesnt quite fit the GT criteria, it wasnt made into a road car therefore that says prototype to me, this is true as well of the toyota GT1 TS020, technically it was a GT1 but it was a prototype through and through and production versions of the car were never produced.
Old 30 Mar 2008, 22:22 (Ref:2165626)   #78
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
since when has the 935 being a street car?, as far as i know it was strictly a race special and no road versions were produced, and as for prototype meaning:
The 935 is a 911 which is a street car, just as much as the 997 GT3 RSR is a street car. The 935 was built to FIA Group5 regs which where GT regs, hence GT car!
Old 30 Mar 2008, 22:50 (Ref:2165645)   #79
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice

prototype or LMP as is popular-purpose built race car, no homologation required, NOT based off a road car.

the 935 in my eyes is a prototype as it doesnt quite fit the GT criteria, it wasnt made into a road car therefore that says prototype to me, this is true as well of the toyota GT1 TS020, technically it was a GT1 but it was a prototype through and through and production versions of the car were never produced.
There are/were 935s that went straight from dealer to street, you need a history check, not to mention must have failed to read magazine articles in the past twenty years, dealing with Porsche 911 derivatives.
Old 31 Mar 2008, 01:53 (Ref:2165754)   #80
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
There are/were 935s that went straight from dealer to street, you need a history check, not to mention must have failed to read magazine articles in the past twenty years, dealing with Porsche 911 derivatives.
But neither goes a 997 GT3 RSR, or even a 997 GT3 Cup. Those cars are just not street-legal.