Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jan 2017, 18:25 (Ref:3704100)   #1
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best liveried F1 cars of all time

I have no doubt that this is a subject that has come up many times over the years but i thought why not start a new thread anyway. One of my personal faves has always been the RAM 03, what's not to like
Attached Thumbnails
867b3ce167cd9a16499d8f28c3300b15.jpg  
Old 21 Jan 2017, 18:30 (Ref:3704101)   #2
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Also this version of the Arrows A1, just gorgeous!
Attached Thumbnails
8516014483_cd6be4966f.jpg  
Old 21 Jan 2017, 19:22 (Ref:3704105)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Martini Brabham, both the red and white ones.

Tabatip Shadow

Wolf.

Gold Leaf Lotus

My fave though is Parmalat Brabham 83
Old 21 Jan 2017, 23:05 (Ref:3704134)   #4
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jordan 191.
Old 21 Jan 2017, 23:25 (Ref:3704138)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Definitely the JPS Lotus cars.

Also the 1999 Minardi was pretty nice.
Old 21 Jan 2017, 23:25 (Ref:3704139)   #6
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The JPS Lotus 98T. Yes the JPS livery was around well before that car, but on that particular car, it looked the best IMO.

And with a yellow helmet in the cockpit, it looked even better.

Old 22 Jan 2017, 00:52 (Ref:3704153)   #7
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
There are many, but the McLaren Honda takes some beating ...
Old 22 Jan 2017, 01:13 (Ref:3704161)   #8
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
The JPS Lotus 98T. Yes the JPS livery was around well before that car, but on that particular car, it looked the best IMO.

Yup, about as good as you get!

I always liked the Ferrari 641/2, beautiful car:

Old 22 Jan 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3704211)   #9
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
I always loved the simplicity of the Ensigns Unipart livery.
Attached Thumbnails
0ae3b37cb405debaf330a1bf06edaba2.jpg  
Old 22 Jan 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3704214)   #10
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
While the JPS colours are timeless there was something about the Essex livery that worked as well in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
2974761373_c02e1d5440.jpg  
Old 22 Jan 2017, 10:55 (Ref:3704215)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The 7UP Jordan, JPS Loti, Marlboro McLarens, Green and Yellow Loti, Parmalat and Olivetti Brabhams, Leyton House and any Martini liveried car
Old 22 Jan 2017, 13:09 (Ref:3704235)   #12
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
The car that started sponsorship in F1, John Love's Brabham in the 1968 South African Grand Prix. Very pretty!

Old 22 Jan 2017, 15:15 (Ref:3704240)   #13
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I have a strange fondness for the late 2000s orange testing livery that McLaren ran. Hoping they bring it back... But the Marlboro cars were iconic.
Old 22 Jan 2017, 16:06 (Ref:3704244)   #14
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
I always liked the Kelemata sponsored Osellas but the FA1E would have to be my favourite, loved the shape of that car, definitely in my all time top three.
Attached Thumbnails
osella-fa1e.jpg  
Old 22 Jan 2017, 21:54 (Ref:3704310)   #15
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
At the time I really liked this one
Attached Thumbnails
Lola_Lamborghini_LC89_Alliot_1989_2.jpg  
Old 22 Jan 2017, 23:08 (Ref:3704327)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And of course the 80s Benetton liveried cars
Old 22 Jan 2017, 23:12 (Ref:3704331)   #17
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was rather fond of the 90's Benetton cars, to be honest.

Beauty!
Old 23 Jan 2017, 07:58 (Ref:3704408)   #18
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
'Of all time' tends to give a gravitas which the the thread lacks a bit as the vast majority of liveries mentioned are in last 20-30 years . If I can stretch 'livery ' to mean 'colour' (and not sponsor ads) and F1 to mean Grand Prix then the French Racing Blue of a Type 35 Bugatti is near unimprovable - gorgeous colour on gorgeous car . Similarly the Ferrari 312/68 - with rosso corsa , cavallino rampante on the flanks and bunch of bananas white exhaust is arrestingly lovely .

More recent stuff - TBH most make a total hash of it and don't integrate the colours with the shape - Lotus 72 JPS did it well , most Marlboro McLarens did so too but the only livery that really stands out as being a cut above the rest is the stunning Peter Stevens work on Parmalat Brabhams like the BT52 . Most contemporary F1 cars are a right dogs dinner - good in close up and utterly awful at range - like when you see them on the track...
Old 23 Jan 2017, 09:05 (Ref:3704416)   #19
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Copy that. My choise of best looking F1 car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post

Old 23 Jan 2017, 13:25 (Ref:3704472)   #20
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I always had a thing for the B&H yellow Jordans:-

And whilst we are one the yellow and black theme, back from when Minardi were pretty good mid-pack runners:-

Old 23 Jan 2017, 16:33 (Ref:3704513)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the Renault R24 and R25 (and R26) are some of my more modern era favorites. R25 picture below.

also really liked the Brawn001.

Old 24 Jan 2017, 07:46 (Ref:3704681)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I do not have many modern era favousrites, too much aero and detail spoiling the lines, though Newey at McLaren did a decent job of making that all look quite nice, or the pain folk of hiding it!!

For some reason I liked the Super Aguri and Midland colours!! No idea why
Old 24 Jan 2017, 13:34 (Ref:3704756)   #23
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
I was rather fond of the 90's Benetton cars, to be honest.

Beauty!
The raised nose Benetton always irritated me -- but that's a great angle for that car.

For me cars in the 80s all looked great and muscular. It's my aesthetic as to what F1 cars should look like.

But I've a few 90s one's I liked as well.

I won't repost the JPS Lotus and the Seven Up Jordan as we are all familiar with what they look like.

The ill-fated 94 Simtek with the late Ratzenberger at the wheel.

The '88 Ligier

The 86 Ferrari

The 93 McLaren Ford

The 76 Martini Brabham

The 1995 Pacific

Old 24 Jan 2017, 15:44 (Ref:3704770)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
For some reason I liked the Super Aguri and Midland colours!! No idea why
also liked the Super Aguri's particularity their team logo.

Old 24 Jan 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3704772)   #25
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
The 76 Martini Brabham

something about that Martini livery...its classic and modern at the same time. and not in a retro way either...timeless may be a better word to describe it.