Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Aug 2008, 08:14 (Ref:2266666)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[FV8SCSR06] Bathurst Fujitsu Series

This place is all about grunt, and a nice handling chassis....

I suspect that the Howard machines will have the straight line handling to make a strong claim.. while Mr Owen will have a good car for top 3, but perhaps not quite full strength up and down the hill...

We shall see...

Oh, and it seems the much rumoured return of Mr Wills to the series has been confirmed (finally!) for the Bathurst round.... I suppose to show the main game dudes what they may be missing out on by excluding the former Bathurst V8Supercar lap record holder
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Aug 2008, 06:40 (Ref:2270782)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like Mr Perkins isnt a starter at Oran Park? Here
Old 18 Aug 2008, 12:09 (Ref:2270905)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jack might be abit strapped for cash or is something brighter on the horizon in the main game?????
Old 21 Aug 2008, 21:56 (Ref:2273007)   #4
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
aussieracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i cant see jack being strapped for cash mate, there are a few guys with a lot smaller budgets that can still run, albeit, just.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 05:10 (Ref:2273109)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Oh, and it seems the much rumoured return of Mr Wills to the series has been confirmed (finally!) for the Bathurst round.... I suppose to show the main game dudes what they may be missing out on by excluding the former Bathurst V8Supercar lap record holder

Makes the sponsor logo stand out, which is what it is all about in the end
Old 22 Aug 2008, 05:35 (Ref:2273114)   #6
Rocket Man
Rookie

Rocket Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR you amaze me how you come up with all the news.
I think Simon's car looks really sharp, and he will do well.
Can you tell us what car is he using?
Old 22 Aug 2008, 06:00 (Ref:2273117)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Wills will apparently run TD002, the 3rd (in a fleet of 4) ex-Team Dynamik VZ's.

The car is prepared by Eggleston Motor Sport out of Bathurst... so its sort of a home round for the team.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 06:22 (Ref:2273123)   #8
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Makes the sponsor logo stand out, which is what it is all about in the end
You have to give it to Simon he comes up with some fantastic liveries.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 09:31 (Ref:2273214)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
he is an awesome designer and it should look great on track and stand out can't wait to see it in person. we are privliged he posts them on Kindy (won't use the real name due to cross promo). he should be one to watch up there.
Old 29 Aug 2008, 00:14 (Ref:2277187)   #10
panel damage
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
panel damage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks good, hope it makes the distance
Old 30 Aug 2008, 12:58 (Ref:2278058)   #11
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
so is it the end of the era for the au at bathurst. i see on the fujitsu coverage image racing will be running a ba at bathurst, anyone know whats happening with the biekoffs??
Old 1 Sep 2008, 09:23 (Ref:2279235)   #12
old bear
Rookie

old bear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the interest aussieracer.

Our team will be racing at Bathurst in our AU Falcon; and I understand we will be one of the only, if not the only AU Falcon running at this race meeting. The last AU V8Supercar to race at Bathurst?

It is slightly disappointing for us but great for the Series that most of the teams and drivers we used to race against in AU Falcons have either upgraded to newer cars, or disappeared from the sport altogether. The days of 40 cars entered in Fujitsu race meetings seem to be gone in 2008, and as a result, we find ourselves near the back of the fields occasionally. Last year Jono finished 15th out of 35 at Bathurst. It is a great shame that we have seen the demise over the years of the “privateer” battlers; who attack their V8Supercar racing as a “professional hobby”. These privateers were the backbone of the Fujitsu Series back in 2000, and it is quite sad that ourselves and possibly one or two other teams are the last of these privateers, in a Series which was originally created to suit us.

Unfortunately for our little team, 2008 will most likely see the end of our campaign in the Fujitsu V8Supercar Series. With the AU Falcon being phased out from the Series in 2009, our only option to continue next year will be to purchase a BA Falcon. With market value for a complete BA Falcon well in excess of $150,000, that is beyond what we can afford. Especially considering we have lost so much money this year, with our transporter failing in February en route to Clipsal (which we cost us more than racing at a race meeting to repair); and then our post-Wakefield Park Race 3 repairs completely blew our budget for 2008, let alone saving for any new car. We are now running on less than a shoestring for Bathurst and Oran Park, a situation which we do not like to be in for our final rounds of the year.

Having said this, our prospects of corporate/sponsor support for the next few months of Fujitsu V8Supercars appear bright and we look forward to capitalising on any opportunities that arise in the near future.

It would take close to a miracle for us to race in Fujitsu next year. With the current commercial climate of Fujitsu V8Supercar racing at the moment, cars are scarce to purchase and if they do become available, they are either massively out of our price range, or are cars which have a history of massive damage which I consider would not be a good platform to develop from.

All is not lost though. Unless a BA shell becomes available on the market for a very very cheap price between now and January 2009, we will race our current ex-Rod Salmon AU Falcon in the Shannons V8 Touring Car Series. We see great value in this category and we look forward to being involved in it in 2009. It is a Series based on the “privateers” and we are looking forward to potentially be included in this Series.

If anybody here will be at Bathurst or Oran Park, make sure you come say hello and cheer for us on the track!!

Thanks,

Shane Beikoff.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 21:51 (Ref:2280453)   #13
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
hi shane thanks for the response. its good to see the shannons series up and running because it gets back to where the fujitsu series was a while ago, when privateers had a chance. well all the best at bathurst and i hope all goes to plan and no more suprises for you guys this year, as it seems you have had more than your fair share.
Old 5 Sep 2008, 10:52 (Ref:2282190)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The powder room suggests that it might be a good thing that the entry list for this category only goes up a few days (minutes?) before the opening of proceedings at the mountain.

The whispers from places around SEQ way suggest that a young driver with Level 1 sponsor branding and support may not be continuing with the same outfit he has been running with to date.

The story also goes that the driver's former car preparer from last year is also no longer with this outfit.. perhaps to link up with the youngster again to run with a different chassis.....

Presuming any of this actually happened
Old 6 Sep 2008, 05:01 (Ref:2282663)   #15
kiwi butt
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
Papatoetoe
kiwi butt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear Bruce has pitched for the prep job of Team Kiwi, with his posse, and maybe his driver for the enduros. Fact, fiction, none of the above?
Old 7 Sep 2008, 05:31 (Ref:2283159)   #16
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would be a shame seeing as the team brought the level 1 deal for him.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 09:26 (Ref:2283223)   #17
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
any more news/clues about this alledged matter??
Old 7 Sep 2008, 13:26 (Ref:2283321)   #18
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would suggest that if GTR broke it it may well be factual, rumours have been around a while about some disatisfaction. I think the driver and parents believe the car slow....even after data showed braking was 70 mtrs earlier than a team mate.....assuming that the rumours are true. Maybe the old AU will make a comeback.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 21:38 (Ref:2284063)   #19
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
uhuh, now i understand
Old 8 Sep 2008, 02:47 (Ref:2284283)   #20
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goooooo Steve Owen!!
Old 8 Sep 2008, 03:56 (Ref:2284294)   #21
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
where is Jose? wasn't he ment to be making a comeback to the series at some point?
Old 8 Sep 2008, 08:07 (Ref:2284387)   #22
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
where is Jose? wasn't he ment to be making a comeback to the series at some point?
He's probably at home eating dinner...
Old 12 Sep 2008, 23:30 (Ref:2288524)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
Whispers from the powder room suggest that Mr Fernandez may indeed be reunited with his 2007 chassis for the Bathurst round, filling the spot of a recently departed driver....
Old 13 Sep 2008, 00:18 (Ref:2288547)   #24
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
sweet, thanks for the info GTR.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 07:40 (Ref:2288691)   #25
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Quote:
Whispers from the powder room suggest that Mr Fernandez may indeed be reunited with his 2007 chassis for the Bathurst round, filling the spot of a recently departed driver....
Not with Fujitsu backing apparently....

It leaves a lot to be decided for Jose, with some rumours suggesting he is looking at Holden...

But hey.. what do I know?...