Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Apr 2009, 01:47 (Ref:2433678)   #76
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
While I can understand his reluctance to risk damage to his car his team was paid to race and spectators paid to watch.
No V8 team is paid to race - they are paid to turn up, go out on the circuit and, if they try to race each other, find a SC is pulled or they are called to the Stewards for being 'too aggressive'.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 02:25 (Ref:2433685)   #77
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Its already been well established they got excellent value for money at the GP event.

Your 2nd comment is borderline something you'd hear in a kindergarten.
so are the comments from Gary Rogers so they're fine for this thread
Old 5 Apr 2009, 02:33 (Ref:2433686)   #78
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Carter View Post
I think GTR had a good point right up front in this thread - forget the main game and send in the development series - the circuit attendees who are mainly there to see F1 would find that just as entertaining. To be honest I hardly even glanced at the V8s it held no interest for me whatsoever with its manufacturer points weekend theme - I did however watch each F5000 and GT event - they held far more relevance - Id have loved to see the FF's as well - way ahead of the V8's. I dont blame Garry Rogers at all for protecting his investment given he'd had a car wrecked the weekend before by that idiot Murphy.
*rolls out the Murphy excuse again*

better tell all the NZ classes supporting the Hamilton 400.. to protect their investments and not turn up. after all why should they risk damage to their cars when their championships have finished months ago.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 02:51 (Ref:2433688)   #79
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Your saying his sponsers would rather him spend thousands on car repairs, money that, with a straight car, would be spent on development to make the cars faster/perform better?

I know where i'd rather my sponsership dollars to go.

If he did it during a normal race meeting, and just pulled both his cars for the fun of it, yes you'd have an argument. Fact is the GP is just a support event! Nothing more.....
It may just be a support event but they're supporting an event that is much bigger then V8 Supercars hence why they are only a support, I would assume a sponsor would want to get there brand out in a positive light to this audience as well as there usual core not make them look like a bunch of idiots or bad sports.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 03:47 (Ref:2433693)   #80
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At all evels of motor sport you'll find someone tooling around at the rear of field due to budget, performance or other reasons. What GRM did is nothing new or unusual. It did not tarnish the event for me.

Seeing the 888 privateers whip the factory boys for the second weekend in a row was priceless.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 04:34 (Ref:2433697)   #81
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker View Post
No V8 team is paid to race - they are paid to turn up, go out on the circuit and, if they try to race each other, find a SC is pulled or they are called to the Stewards for being 'too aggressive'.
True I suppose, real racing has all but disappeared from V8 Supercars.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 06:08 (Ref:2433708)   #82
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA View Post
At all evels of motor sport you'll find someone tooling around at the rear of field due to budget, performance or other reasons. What GRM did is nothing new or unusual. It did not tarnish the event for me.

Seeing the 888 privateers whip the factory boys for the second weekend in a row was priceless.
I don't exactly think 888 count as 'privateers'.

What would Finnigan, Ashby, Reed, Doulman, Cotter etc. think?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 5 Apr 2009, 07:42 (Ref:2433729)   #83
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
so are the comments from Gary Rogers so they're fine for this thread
Could you specify the comment? i've seen nothing but maturity and professionalism from the comments he made.

Quote:
*rolls out the Murphy excuse again*

better tell all the NZ classes supporting the Hamilton 400.. to protect their investments and not turn up. after all why should they risk damage to their cars when their championships have finished months ago.
Who said anything about not turning up? Your just twisting words now. All they did was start from pitlane, to avoid murphys brain fade. And then parked their cars. There will always be people willing to run the risk of damage, and good on them, but i don't blame the people who want to avoid it. Some people can't afford to just replace cars every week. Look at SBR, once the pinacle of V8s, hired courtney, and every 2nd race was a writeen off car, and suddenly they aren't as 'fast' as they were....coincidence, i think not! (good luck to Dick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY View Post
It may just be a support event but they're supporting an event that is much bigger then V8 Supercars hence why they are only a support, I would assume a sponsor would want to get there brand out in a positive light to this audience as well as there usual core not make them look like a bunch of idiots or bad sports.
Care to explain the negative light that their brand was protrayed in?
Old 5 Apr 2009, 08:44 (Ref:2433748)   #84
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stealthy- from earlier on in the thread-
"We hadn't run it and there were some problems with the steering on it (Caruso car). With the Holdsworth car, there was something wrong with the rear end of the car. We don't know what it was and in actual fact, we haven't fixed it yet. When we practiced on Thursday we found the problem, and it didn't rectify itself so we didn't want to go spearing into the first corner and end up creating havoc for everyone."

Is it that Garry is full of crap, or are the GRM team too incompetent to fix the race cars over the course of the four day meeting? If he was simply making a stance, make one, but he clearly blames unsafe equipment on their lack of racing from the weekend.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 09:46 (Ref:2433784)   #85
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
Stealthy- from earlier on in the thread-
"We hadn't run it and there were some problems with the steering on it (Caruso car). With the Holdsworth car, there was something wrong with the rear end of the car. We don't know what it was and in actual fact, we haven't fixed it yet. When we practiced on Thursday we found the problem, and it didn't rectify itself so we didn't want to go spearing into the first corner and end up creating havoc for everyone."

Is it that Garry is full of crap, or are the GRM team too incompetent to fix the race cars over the course of the four day meeting? If he was simply making a stance, make one, but he clearly blames unsafe equipment on their lack of racing from the weekend.
Thats my point exactly. He could have said 'waa waa i don't want to play with the other boys in the sandpit' but he didn't. hence why i said mature and professional.
It was always going to cause contraversy with the fans who think they're owed something. Thats their problem, not Garrys.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2433950)   #86
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Professional? Sound like a useless bunch of monkeys if they can't find a "problem" that developed on Thursday and apparently continued all weekend long. Did they have work experience kids working the spanners for the weekend? V8 Supercars shouldn't be rocket science for a supposed "professional" team that has been working on these cars since 1996.

I hope for Lethal and Robbo that the mystery unfixable problems with the cars will "rectify themselves" as Garry is hoping... Those self rectifying cars are better than ones you have to work on, saves money too!
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2433956)   #87
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
We both know he was just telling people what they wanted to hear.

Although its not uncommon for a car with a problem to have it all weekend until something setup wise is drastically changed.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2433960)   #88
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
People wanted to hear that monkeys work on his crap wagons? Who does his PR and how much hair do they left?
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:23 (Ref:2433973)   #89
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
LOL, i'm not even going to bother, i'm not into twisting peoples words around
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:23 (Ref:2433976)   #90
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Good idea to give up
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2433983)   #91
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
My points are clear I understand tho, people twist words when their losing the discussion. Just human nature.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2434596)   #92
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Could you specify the comment? i've seen nothing but maturity and professionalism from the comments he made.
well obviously you only hear what you want to hear Roger's "i'm going to get Murphy" comments and added paintwork had maturity and professionalism written all over it.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2434597)   #93
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
people twist words when their losing the discussion. Just human nature.
no kidding
Old 5 Apr 2009, 21:49 (Ref:2434629)   #94
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
well obviously you only hear what you want to hear Roger's "i'm going to get Murphy" comments and added paintwork had maturity and professionalism written all over it.
What are you on about? Were talking about the GP event.......get with the program!

You make it sound as if were ****ing. Personally i hate his team, and some choices he's made. Not as much as i hate a fan who thinks they own the teams, like whats been portrayed in this thread.

SUPPORT event, they don't owe anyone anything!
Old 5 Apr 2009, 22:06 (Ref:2434642)   #95
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Aaaahhhhh. Don't you just love all this knocking and waste of space?

And several days've gone past without a single post about TKR.
Onya GRM for shifting the whole focus of V8 racing.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 23:47 (Ref:2434689)   #96
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd1 View Post

do you think you can come up with something better name calling fred?

don't strain yourself if ya can't
Old 5 Apr 2009, 23:56 (Ref:2434697)   #97
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
What are you on about? Were talking about the GP event.......get with the program!

You make it sound as if were ****ing. Personally i hate his team, and some choices he's made. Not as much as i hate a fan who thinks they own the teams, like whats been portrayed in this thread.

SUPPORT event, they don't owe anyone anything!

so you'd think it was fine if the all NZ classes took the same poor attitude in a couple of weeks time at the Hamilton 400?

in your words.. "they're only a support event, they don't owe anyone anything!"
Old 5 Apr 2009, 23:57 (Ref:2434699)   #98
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd1 View Post

on second thoughts.. don't worry about it i see you like to complain
Old 6 Apr 2009, 08:20 (Ref:2434849)   #99
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
so you'd think it was fine if the all NZ classes took the same poor attitude in a couple of weeks time at the Hamilton 400?

in your words.. "they're only a support event, they don't owe anyone anything!"
Are they part of the championship?
Do those categories have people named Murphy or Morris driving?

Like i said, twisting words. I never said don't show up. I said i completely understand Garrys position on the matter, and wouldn't have a problem if any other team owner did the same at an event that wasn't apart of their championship!