Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 30 Sep 2010, 21:45 (Ref:2767468)   #1
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
MotoGP Round 14: Japanese Grand Prix

With the ash could cleared MotoGP can finally head to the far-east! I have a full preview on my website
Old 1 Oct 2010, 03:57 (Ref:2767583)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think this track will suit Pedrosa and his Honda quite well, considering the slowish bends and medium to long straights. Lorenzo is supposed to be getting some motor help, but in all honestly that may not even level him with the Ducati riders. No, I think he'll continue to play it safe. I'm curious to see if Stoner's new setup (even though Hayden had already been using it) will transfer to other tracks.

And can we find a new track to race on in Japan?

Last edited by jhansen; 1 Oct 2010 at 04:04.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 05:47 (Ref:2767603)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stoner from Lorenzo and Rossi in FP1 with about 8 minutes remaining. Pedrosa had an off after two laps and broke his collar bone.

2010 = year of the injury
Old 1 Oct 2010, 06:26 (Ref:2767608)   #4
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know it's not funny .. but ..
can I lol??

just as he got "something" rolling he gets that .....

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Oct 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2767760)   #5
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Honda says it happened cuz his throttle didnt close properly. Poor fellow.
Man they gotta get more bikes out there, a few top guys have poop happen and the show aint too interesting anymore.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2767781)   #6
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Dorna need to mandate that teams have a reserve rider. Especially when grid sizes are this small.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 01:28 (Ref:2768008)   #7
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Dorna need to mandate that teams have a reserve rider. Especially when grid sizes are this small.

Agree with that - even if its a floating reserve rider or two. Surely unemployed guys like Greg Lavilla could do a half decent job given a few laps, better than Japanese test riders anyway. Maybe its the putting mileage on the engines thing that deters them?
Old 2 Oct 2010, 01:29 (Ref:2768009)   #8
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey next year why dont they mandate Ruben Xaus as the floating reserve rider - that would stop the other riders crashing!! "the threat of Xaus!"
Old 2 Oct 2010, 11:27 (Ref:2768101)   #9
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The fact that Davi is second shows that Pedrobot would probably have had a win.
It's all if's n buts
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Oct 2010, 07:35 (Ref:2768557)   #10
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
The fact that Davi is second shows that Pedrobot would probably have had a win.
It's all if's n buts
Agreed.

I missed this as I thought it was Sunday - it was a good one, wasn't it?
Old 3 Oct 2010, 10:08 (Ref:2768580)   #11
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
How the hell this series can continue with 15 bikes starting is beyond me.
The only interesting bit was the "fairing bashing" at the end with Rossi showing how it's done on the last lap as he used to.
I thought that Lorenzo might have conceded earlier, but I suppose the"red mist" Latin side showed through as he is now miles ahead in the Championship.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Oct 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2768614)   #12
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was 16 motorbikes starting not 15 but i do agree that a stand by rider is on stand by at any time if like this season if there is a injury for next season
Old 4 Oct 2010, 03:55 (Ref:2768893)   #13
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
fairing bashing indeed, that was a definate message sending wasnt it by Rossi? He wasnt happy by being beaten by Lor before, and Ros sure as heck looked like he was putting out the message that in the future, he would get ugly if push comes to shove (mind you, it was Ros doing the shoving wasnt it--my view of it anyway)

must say, it woke me up at least as I was dozing on the couch (also in the moto2 race when that Columbian fellow went down with the others behind him on the straight it gave me quite a start.......as it did the commentators but they were mature and didnt say anything out loud that we were all seeing flash before our eyes (Tomizawa) boy that gave me astart for a second.

so waddya all think of how rossi was, he was being a real hard ass sob wasnt he? Fair enough I say, but for me it was clearly a message giver.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2769119)   #14
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
it was 16 motorbikes starting
OK but I only counted 15 on the grid, did one start from the pit lane ?
I did have a "heavy" night on Saturday at a fiesta and put the tele on when I got home on Sunday morning
Old 4 Oct 2010, 14:52 (Ref:2769173)   #15
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb View Post
so waddya all think of how rossi was, he was being a real hard ass sob wasnt he? Fair enough I say, but for me it was clearly a message giver.
Well, standard Rossi really.

When you consider his results this year, I'm sure he genuinely wanted on the podium. The fact that he was fighting Lorenzo only made the appeal stronger. And maybe the fact that Pedrosa is out of the picture allowed him to fight harder? Ok, no not really, I'm pretty sure Rossi would have done it either way.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 16:08 (Ref:2769838)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have to admit I felt that Rossi's riding was at the least hard and at the worst desperate.

He is after all riding against his team-mate who is in line to win the world title. If he had knocked Jorge off and injured him in a way similar to Dani then I would have sacked him as team manager.

He did the same to jorge as he did to Casey, he went off the track at the Ess to defend his line/make a move and that is simply uncalled for.

He did it to Sete in bad taste, he did it to Casey in bad taste and now he has let his ego defend an utterly pointless podium in a strop coz he cant ride the 2010 Bridgeys!!

Now Lorenzi should have let him leave, and fair play to him for staying ther, but he should have more sense. I remember KrJr riding real defensive in the l;ast part of 2000, then when he won it, he went mental at Phillip Island and showed everyone what he was holding back.

Great racing but a little daft on both their parts for me. For the win maybe, but for third, Get Over It!
Old 6 Oct 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2770287)   #17
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
At least the Spanish get behind their sports persons. Dani Pedrosa made headline news on several TV channels over here (just for falling off and injuring himself)
I can't see that happening in the UK, and when Lorenzo wins the championship he will probably have a channel dedicated to him
Old 6 Oct 2010, 17:34 (Ref:2770436)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well to be fair Spain is the homeland for GP bike racing and has been since the late 80's.

The Ducadis series used to get bigger attendances than the F1 races and guys like Nieto, Martinez, Garriga and Pons were huge figures in Spain.

It's run by the Spanish, it's where most of the money involved comes from and where a lot of the talwent (nowadays) comes from.

In Britain we are a Superbike nation, always have been snice the Sheene days. it is where our national series is based, and it's where the majority of our success has come in the last twenty or so years.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2770933)   #19
djb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Have to admit I felt that Rossi's riding was at the least hard and at the worst desperate.

He is after all riding against his team-mate who is in line to win the world title. If he had knocked Jorge off and injured him in a way similar to Dani then I would have sacked him as team manager.

He did the same to jorge as he did to Casey, he went off the track at the Ess to defend his line/make a move and that is simply uncalled for.

He did it to Sete in bad taste, he did it to Casey in bad taste and now he has let his ego defend an utterly pointless podium in a strop coz he cant ride the 2010 Bridgeys!!

Now Lorenzi should have let him leave, and fair play to him for staying ther, but he should have more sense. I remember KrJr riding real defensive in the l;ast part of 2000, then when he won it, he went mental at Phillip Island and showed everyone what he was holding back.

Great racing but a little daft on both their parts for me. For the win maybe, but for third, Get Over It!
well put Mr Chund, on many of those points.

yes I rmember KrJr on 2000, I was very happy for him to win that year (great interview with him one of you guys posted a while back btw)