Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 7 Oct 2006, 20:08 (Ref:1730937)   #1
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BARC Midlands Sprint at Curborough today

A cracking day as always, superb lunch and, despite all the trials and tribulations of the morning, we finished by 3 pm!

I think special thanks must go to Dr Gordon Tasker, a competitor who stepped into the breach this morning and agreed to be the Chief Medical Officer in the absence of the regular chap who couldn't be with us and for whom no replacement could be found, despite the combined efforts of the entire committee and several others.

I know it was a good day - I only used 1 1/2 pages of radio log sheets
Old 7 Oct 2006, 20:19 (Ref:1730948)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to agree with Sheila, good company & good weather who could ask for more?
Well done BARC Midland Centre.
Old 9 Oct 2006, 12:40 (Ref:1732914)   #3
Fred Bromley
Racer

United Kingdom
Lutterworth
Fred Bromley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to all Officials

Thanks to all the Officials who made it go so well, Lots of hard work by everyone made the day go so well.
I emailed the results to the competitors on Saturday evening and have had several replies saying how much they enjoyed the day and to pass their thanks on to all the officials.
It's nice to know that we are appreciated.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 20:44 (Ref:1734514)   #4
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila M
A cracking day as always, superb lunch and, despite all the trials and tribulations of the morning, we finished by 3 pm!

I think special thanks must go to Dr Gordon Tasker, a competitor who stepped into the breach this morning and agreed to be the Chief Medical Officer in the absence of the regular chap who couldn't be with us and for whom no replacement could be found, despite the combined efforts of the entire committee and several others.

I know it was a good day - I only used 1 1/2 pages of radio log sheets
Sorry Sheila, I think 11/4 of those pages must have been my fault!!! A cracking day 'tho, really enjoyed myself. BTW the temperature down at the start was at least 10degrees warmer than the track!
Old 10 Oct 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1734518)   #5
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyceswan
Sorry Sheila, I think 11/4 of those pages must have been my fault!!! A cracking day 'tho, really enjoyed myself. BTW the temperature down at the start was at least 10degrees warmer than the track!

Of course they were your fault Joyce, you were in charge down there so once the cars had left you anything they did was your fault!

And I'll not ask why the temperature down their was that warm - it just couldn't possibly have been hot air could it?