Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old Yesterday, 17:14 (Ref:3722215)   #5206
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
If I was lapierre, I'd of given Toyota the finger.. his crash a few years ago wether his fault or not, resulted in Toyota dismissing him.

Then to ask for him back because they can't find any better drivers seems to be taking the biscuit IMO.

I guess that's racing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I doubt he had a second thought! You think any available driver currently in prototypes would turn down a shot at an overall win at Le Mans? I would think that most if not all free prototype drivers would jump at the chance to be in a factory car. It's obvious there were a lot of people on their list. They even tested quite a few. Lapierre knows the team though, so that's one positive. Hope the team gels and the car is fast, that's all I ask for.
Old Yesterday, 19:31 (Ref:3722240)   #5207
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!
More to the point, however unhappy Lapierre was at the time (if he was, although he sure looked it), neither he nor TMG burnt the bridge and that decision looks to have paid off for both sides. I doubt Nicolas would have been Toyota's first choice given how far the net was cast, but they wouldn't have considered him if he wasn't good enough. He may not have been good enough when he was dropped, but times change and nothing is set in stone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Hope the team gels and the car is fast, that's all I ask for.
And that Lapierre doesn't bin it down le Hunadieres again ...
Old Yesterday, 19:43 (Ref:3722242)   #5208
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 has a real shot at the podium!Acid09 has a real shot at the podium!Acid09 has a real shot at the podium!Acid09 has a real shot at the podium!Acid09 has a real shot at the podium!
Also, let's not act like he was binned on one crash alone, he had several incidents and generally delivered a quite shoddy performance for most of 2014.

Whatever was wrong with him back then is obviously fixed since he was flawless in LMP2 so it was a healthy detour for him, no harm done.
Old Yesterday, 20:23 (Ref:3722250)   #5209
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Every driver in the third car has something to prove. Lapierre that he can keep it on the black stuff if a little water is thrown into the mix, Kunimoto that he is better than his Super GT performances indicate and Sarazzin that he is still a viable factory team driver.
Old Yesterday, 20:28 (Ref:3722252)   #5210
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think they'll be able to challenge if the car is up to it. But I feel like the new #7 crew will be the favorite. Kobayashi, Conway and Lopez sound like a formidable trio and really that car came on strong last year.
Old Yesterday, 21:43 (Ref:3722273)   #5211
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think they'll be able to challenge if the car is up to it. But I feel like the new #7 crew will be the favorite. Kobayashi, Conway and Lopez sound like a formidable trio and really that car came on strong last year.
Still think Kobayashi and Conway are far too temperamental and Lopez is unknown at Le Mans. They should have walked away with victory last year, but mistakes cost them (GT contact/spin).
Old Yesterday, 22:52 (Ref:3722301)   #5212
TF110
Veteran

United States
They have a lot of speed and experience comes with racing. They were the faster car later in the year so I think it is expected to continue that way. Traffic is always an issue so it's a matter of patience and luck imo. We'll see. Lopez might be new to lmp, but he's used to lapping cars
Old Today, 14:30 (Ref:3722436)   #5213
godlameroso
Racer

godlameroso should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgodlameroso should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Conway Kobayashi and Lopez is a really strong line-up, I may have been inclined to swap Buemi with Lopez but they must see something in Lopez. He did destroy everyone in touring cars though. And he was going to be the star driver for the vaporware USF1.
Old Today, 17:10 (Ref:3722465)   #5214
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They have a lot of speed and experience comes with racing. They were the faster car later in the year so I think it is expected to continue that way. Traffic is always an issue so it's a matter of patience and luck imo. We'll see. Lopez might be new to lmp, but he's used to lapping cars
Pechito Lopez have a lot of test hours on board of the Renault R25 and R26 World F1 Championship with Fernando Alonso in 2005 and 2006. He usually tested the new elements in the car before each race.