Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Mar 2013, 21:46 (Ref:3225277)   #1
thommybhoy21
Rookie

thommybhoy21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FF2000 van diemen BHL2 89 HELP!!!!!

Hi all,
Recently started rebuilding a van diemen BHL2 1989 ford 2000,
Been sat in a garage for 3years in pieces. Got it all built but can't start it. I think there's a wiring problem. I've been ripping my hair out for months now trying to solve it and no joy! Does anyone have a wiring diagram for anything like this?
Many thanks in advance!
Old 26 Mar 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3225311)   #2
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommybhoy21 View Post
Hi all,
Been sat in a garage for 3years in pieces. Got it all built but can't start it. I think there's a wiring problem. I've been ripping my hair out for months now trying to solve it and no joy! Does anyone have a wiring diagram for anything like this?
Many thanks in advance!
Have you tried Ralph Firman RFRcars.com he's very approachable.
or Universal Racing Services universalracing.co.uk they took over the Van Diemen spares business and should be able to supply everything you're likely to need.

You should only need power to the coil (or ignition unit if electronic) and fuel pump to get it running, so you could hotwire it to see if it is a wiring or component failure.
Old 27 Mar 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3225631)   #3
historic racer
Rookie

historic racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi all,
Many thanks in advance!
Don't wish to be rude but why have you posted this on here or spent months trying to get it to go, any experienced auto electrician will have it running in no time at all, ask friends for contacts, try forums or look in yellow pages. If you lived in north kent could get it sorted straight away, my man builds wiring looms for things like world championship sidecar racers etc. Good luck with it
Old 27 Mar 2013, 17:13 (Ref:3225647)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by historic racer View Post
try forums or................
*looks around* This is a forum.
Old 27 Mar 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3225739)   #5
thommybhoy21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
Have you tried Ralph Firman RFRcars.com he's very approachable.
or Universal Racing Services universalracing.co.uk they took over the Van Diemen spares business and should be able to supply everything you're likely to need.

You should only need power to the coil (or ignition unit if electronic) and fuel pump to get it running, so you could hotwire it to see if it is a wiring or component failure.
Hi Peter,
Thanks for your help, i had a look around the net last week and couldn't contact details for van diemen.
As for ''historic racer'' Thanks but i put on the forum looking for the wiring diagram really.
Considering re-wiring it so wanted a wiring diagram to do it properly.
Cheers
Old 27 Mar 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3225741)   #6
thommybhoy21
Rookie

And when i say months, I have a full time job that keeps me flat out and the formula ford is a sideline project that i havent realy spent much time on.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 06:51 (Ref:3225874)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
And when i say months, I have a full time job that keeps me flat out and the formula ford is a sideline project that i havent realy spent much time on.
thommo- (approximately) where are you based in the UK? Always possible another tenther might be close by and able to offer advice or assistance, but not easy when you could be anywhere! The wiring on an FF2000 is not normally very complicated, so sure your problem could be diagnosed with a little help.

For experts in all things FF2000, can recommend Ken Thorogood at URS if you are in this neck of the woods, and well known on here- Iain Rowley (Delta Motorsports) near Henley.

Good luck sorting it.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 17:17 (Ref:3226065)   #8
historic racer
Rookie

historic racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
*looks around* This is a forum.
Thanks for the info Peter the gist of what I was trying to put across was to try forums which have a greater technical content or auto electrical specific ones, would of course be helpful if people requiring help would say where they lived.