Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Oct 2008, 22:24 (Ref:2313441)   #1
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AUSTRALIA’S RICHEST MOTORSPORT EVENT $1 Million

AUSTRALIA’S RICHEST MOTORSPORT EVENT

From the 4th - 5th April 2009, Wakefield Park Raceway will welcome 300 challengers competing for the chance to share in an unprecedented $1,000,000 in prize money.

The inaugural Million Dollar Driver Challenge will be Australia’s richest premier motor sport event for amateur drivers.

Unlike other motor sport events, The Million Dollar Driver Challenge is unique in that it will pit drivers against each other in identical track-prepared Subaru WRX’s to showcase the drivers’ true skill and ability.

The 2 day event will provide drivers with the opportunity to display their talents through both timed track sessions as well as challenging gymkhana courses to test their speed, flair, agility and car control.

Use of the track-prepared Subaru WRX, service crew, safety equipment, track facilities and catering is all included in the entry fee of $12,390 + GST.

In addition, entrants who pay their deposit of $3,500 by 15th December 2008 will automatically go into the draw to win a brand new Mercedes Benz C63 AMG sedan, which will be drawn as part of the prize giving at the conclusion of the event on Sunday 5th April 2009.

Prize money is on offer from 1st – 6th place:

1st Place = $500,000

2nd Place = $250,000

3rd Place = $100,000

4th Place = $75,000

5th Place = $50,000

6th Place = $25,000

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR IMAGES PLEASE CONTACT

JASON SINAI

Last edited by marcus; 17 Oct 2008 at 13:15.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 23:18 (Ref:2313473)   #2
MrX
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Wangaratta
MrX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Sure...
Old 15 Oct 2008, 23:30 (Ref:2313478)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, 300 at $12K = $3.6M with $1M in prizes... nice little earner for someone...
Old 16 Oct 2008, 00:09 (Ref:2313486)   #4
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who is Jason Sinai?
Old 16 Oct 2008, 00:37 (Ref:2313497)   #5
MrX
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Wangaratta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Also a Believer
who is Jason Sinai?
I dont know but i bet he also believes that Peter Brock himself is going to compete in this event as well
Old 16 Oct 2008, 01:05 (Ref:2313507)   #6
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
interesting reading...google his name.
Old 16 Oct 2008, 01:35 (Ref:2313511)   #7
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone want to put money on this not happening and/or people not getting paid and/or getting their deposit back when it all fails?

Smells of a scam to me........
Old 16 Oct 2008, 02:08 (Ref:2313520)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well why dont you ring him if its a scam, his number is on the release
Old 16 Oct 2008, 02:31 (Ref:2313532)   #9
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This event will never happen.

There's no way they'll even get the 100 entries they need to break even, let alone 300 entries at $13,600 each.
Old 16 Oct 2008, 02:33 (Ref:2313533)   #10
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Don't let the Wiggle know about this, or he will wont in and a cut.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 16 Oct 2008, 03:35 (Ref:2313550)   #11
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
FalconEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh dear...........

Another "make a quick buck out of the wealthy Australian Motorsport fraternity (cough) scheme". Many have tried............. and failed. I reckon we should start up a "Where are they now?" thread in their honour actually!!!
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!
Old 16 Oct 2008, 03:43 (Ref:2313556)   #12
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found this on www.italiaspeed.com. Same guy?

For Jason Sinai, this will be his first motor sport event since arriving in Australia in 1997 from South Africa, where he competed in a BMW in production car racing, and a Porsche Series similar to Carrera Cup. He won the series in 1995. Smith is well known in Australian motor racing circles as Team Manager for Lamborghini Australia, where Paul Stokell became a prolific winner of Nations Cup events, winning back to back national titles
Old 16 Oct 2008, 06:44 (Ref:2313597)   #13
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the dates wrong-should be April 1st??
Old 16 Oct 2008, 06:50 (Ref:2313599)   #14
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood
Found this on www.italiaspeed.com. Same guy?

For Jason Sinai, this will be his first motor sport event since arriving in Australia in 1997 from South Africa, where he competed in a BMW in production car racing, and a Porsche Series similar to Carrera Cup. He won the series in 1995. Smith is well known in Australian motor racing circles as Team Manager for Lamborghini Australia, where Paul Stokell became a prolific winner of Nations Cup events, winning back to back national titles
Cannot see reference in the link-can you be more specific?
Some credible names mentioned already!!!?
Old 16 Oct 2008, 08:28 (Ref:2313654)   #15
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX
Do you expect anything different from anyone having an association with the Ronke's?
Bit harsh MrX.

Wakefield's only involvement in this is probably just a track hire (I'll ask next time I'm up north).

So I'm fairly well known within the sport, what's your involvement seeing you're obviously involved judging by your comments/knowledge of how it all works in past posts on here
Old 17 Oct 2008, 04:56 (Ref:2314405)   #16
MrX
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Wangaratta
Does it really matter who i am? I apparently dont know what i am talking about and that i am only on 10tenths to stir-the-pot.

Truth be known i am also fairly well known within the sport and you infact known to you PVDA. MrX is an alias... if i told you who i was, it wouldnt be an alias would it?

Some of my comments are harsh and i dont apologise for that. What you will also find with all my comments is that they are also factual. Search any of my posts and prove me wrong.

Back on topic... If Wakefield has no involvement in this, then why is Matthew Ronke promoting it? I rest my case.
Old 17 Oct 2008, 08:23 (Ref:2314493)   #17
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Major prize money has been missing from australian motorsport for years. ( I dont believe getting a percentage of profits at the end of the year really counts)

Who cares if someone is making a tidy profit, if aussie motorsport had more of these ideas it would be in a much stronger position.

12K spend to potentially return 500,000 is awesome in my opinion and there are plenty of well off gentleman out there willing to pay big dollars. ( Drive bathurst anyone?)

If the event is well marketed i think its reasonable to assume they will get plenty of takers.

There are hundreds of youth who spend hundreds and sometimes thousands at multiple track days a year, surely with half a million up for grabs its going to appeal to alot of gentlemen or well off youth.

Its ambitious and who knows if it will happen but kudos to them for actually doing something. Certainly doesnt deserve the winge fest.
Old 17 Oct 2008, 08:30 (Ref:2314496)   #18
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Harsh is hardly a reasonable description

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX
Does it really matter who i am? I apparently dont know what i am talking about and that i am only on 10tenths to stir-the-pot.

Truth be known i am also fairly well known within the sport and you infact known to you PVDA. MrX is an alias... if i told you who i was, it wouldnt be an alias would it?

Some of my comments are harsh and i dont apologise for that. What you will also find with all my comments is that they are also factual. Search any of my posts and prove me wrong.

Back on topic... If Wakefield has no involvement in this, then why is Matthew Ronke promoting it? I rest my case.
Never met a Ronke ... understand they own & operate circuits ... does that involve promotion, I think so.

Are you imputing more than that Mr X ... clarify &/or put up !!
Old 17 Oct 2008, 08:35 (Ref:2314501)   #19
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time Gentlemen

The 2 day event will provide drivers with the opportunity to display their talents through both timed track sessions as well as challenging gymkhana courses to test their speed, flair, agility and car control.

Its not impossible, Targas do this sort of thing all the time, however to get 300 competitors through two lots of disciplines they would really have to have their skates on...I assume you could only have two cars on the track at any one time (half a lap apart for safety)...multiple Khana courses could be set up ....I suppose.
Old 17 Oct 2008, 09:11 (Ref:2314535)   #20
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4
I assume you could only have two cars on the track at any one time (half a lap apart for safety)...
I'm assuming they would have considerably more than two cars on track, I'm sure the circuit would be allowing a similar "loading" to a track day.
Old 17 Oct 2008, 13:14 (Ref:2314701)   #21
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
well why dont you ring him if its a scam, his number is on the release

And why is the number even there.

Mr Ronke , please do not post phone numbers on our forums and in future please use the press release forum for stuff like this.

Im closing this thread because its simply abuse of the Ten tenths forums, in future please use the protocols in place to promote this kind of thing.

By all means send the press release and start a new thread to discuss it but please dont just blast this forum with the release

Cheers
Marcus
Closed Thread