Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jun 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3087401)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dessert Autosport Le Mans 2012 Guide

I've been an outspoken critic in the past regarding Autosports coverage of sportscar racing - and Le Mans in particular; it always seemed that far too much is sacrificed these days on the altar of the great God - F1. I mourned the Autosport Le Mans guides of years passed and particularly detested the reduction in size from A4 to A5.

This morning I bought this week's issue. Strange that as it's Friday today. Years ago I would have been waiting on the newsagent's doorstep on Thursday morning waiting for him to open to buy my copy.

But I'm impressed. OK, I had to extract the guide from the middle of the magazine, but that was easy enough - and it's the proper size!!!

I've not read it all yet, but there's some interesting stuff in there - particularly about the previous Toyota efforts. I think it's a big improvement over what we've had in the last few years, so well done to Andrew VDB.

What do others think?
Old 8 Jun 2012, 10:24 (Ref:3087408)   #2
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the Top gear one - just bought - not read it yet but beware it is 32 pages long, not 52 as indicated on the cover of the mag - a little misleading.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3087410)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd call that a lot misleading.

42 in the AS guide.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3087430)   #4
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Autosport used to have a stand in the village but haven't seen them in a while now.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3087436)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Used to be able to get a copy from the Radio Le Mans shop. Was there a RLM shop last year?
Old 8 Jun 2012, 11:10 (Ref:3087449)   #6
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Broadly in favour of the Autosport guide this year - decent amount of content and Gary Watkins clearly pulled out the stops in writing genuinely good and interesting copy.

I also quite liked the look of the guide - the cover in particular harked back to the relatively clean fronts Autosport used to have before they went down the highly colourful full bleed design we've got today.

To be fair to the comic, it's got a lot better over the last year or so - with a significant uptick in the number of longer features that are worth reading.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 11:27 (Ref:3087461)   #7
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Used to be able to get a copy from the Radio Le Mans shop. Was there a RLM shop last year?
Dunno but would like to get a copy again as I still have all my old copies from the early nineties onwards till 2005. after that I was not able to buy the magazine anymore as it is nowhere for sale in the town I live.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 23:40 (Ref:3087783)   #8
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
If there was an RLM shop, I couldn't find it...
Old 9 Jun 2012, 08:33 (Ref:3087876)   #9
Great Dane
Rookie

Denmark
Great Dane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
get stephen's guide it is free and top quality... see separate thread drivers are recommending it
Old 9 Jun 2012, 17:58 (Ref:3088100)   #10
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would've otherwise bought this one when I visited Helsinki yesterday but as expected, the newest issue was from last week unfortunately they don't sell the mag anywhere in my city so I'll have to live with the digi-version instead...

Shame since it's the only issue of the year that's actually worth of buying, whether or not you think that the content is as good as it used to be
Old 11 Jun 2012, 08:18 (Ref:3088845)   #11
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I would've otherwise bought this one when I visited Helsinki yesterday but as expected, the newest issue was from last week unfortunately they don't sell the mag anywhere in my city so I'll have to live with the digi-version instead...

Shame since it's the only issue of the year that's actually worth of buying, whether or not you think that the content is as good as it used to be

I don't think there's any doubt that the magazine is a pale shadow of what it once was. I think it was last year when they had a BTCC story on the front - and it sold up to 50% less......so they won't be doing that again. Non-F1 Motorsport isn't that popular with 'Joe Public'....
Old 11 Jun 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3089268)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Or so their marketing tells them...... But then again, we're not really Joe Public, are we....? It's a story we debated at great length several years ago...!