Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Feb 2017, 09:35 (Ref:3708327)   #251
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
I expect this will be a one off livery until this year's WEC cars are unveiled, like 2014.
I like the new livery. I do not like the old livery.
Old 1 Feb 2017, 11:04 (Ref:3708344)   #252
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
No - I think this is the new 2017 livery.
There is no think. This is it.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 1 Feb 2017, 14:06 (Ref:3708392)   #253
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
I expect this will be a one off livery until this year's WEC cars are unveiled, like 2014.
They've already shown the 919 in this new scheme.
Old 1 Feb 2017, 18:26 (Ref:3708450)   #254
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
They've already shown the 919 in this new scheme.
In the red stripe scheme? Really? Got a link, I missed that one and was waiting on it.
Old 1 Feb 2017, 19:14 (Ref:3708460)   #255
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
In the red stripe scheme? Really? Got a link, I missed that one and was waiting on it.
I think it was only a photoshop from "LMPone" on Twitter

Though I must say that it looks good!
Old 1 Feb 2017, 19:24 (Ref:3708462)   #256
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ahh. Yeah that's quite cool.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 00:39 (Ref:3708530)   #257
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think it was only a photoshop from "LMPone" on Twitter

Though I must say that it looks good!
The livery look fantastic but would be very similar to Toyota. I do not like all LMP1-H with similar colors.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 08:18 (Ref:3708610)   #258
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, it would be pretty confusing to tell apart who is who. But the livery is certainly much better than anything else we have see on the 919, excluding those one-offs at Le Mans in 2015
Old 2 Feb 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3708657)   #259
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Fingers crossed for a livery like that, it looks superb
Old 6 Feb 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3710515)   #260
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Porsche Confirms New 911 RSR GTE Car for 2017

Bruni.....
Old 18 Feb 2017, 14:20 (Ref:3713017)   #261
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bruni... (MST, ger) [Hmm, link seems redacted right now, wondering whether it'll come back]
Bruni... (Autosport.com, not GER, MST's source)

...seems to be missing the whole WEC season as he tried to go to Porsche while still having an AF Corse contract till 2020 and AF obviously not have him leave on good terms.
The spot in the Porsche seems to be taken by either Dumas or (Sven) Müller

Quote:
Originally Posted by the internet archive(tm) of non redacted articles!
Gianmaria Bruni is set to have to sit out the entire World Endurance Championship season in 2017, after officially terminating his Ferrari contract in order to move to rival GT squad Porsche.

The Italian driver has been part of Ferrari's works AF Corse operation since its inception in 2012, winning the GTE Pro class drivers' title in both 2013 and 2014.

But Bruni has been working to find a way out of his long-term agreement with Ferrari in order to join Porsche, which returns to GTE Pro this year with a pair of mid-engined factory 911 RSRs.

After weeks of wrangling, Bruni and Ferrari have now gone their separate ways, with official confirmation expected on Sunday evening - along with a statement from Porsche to indicate the Italian's arrival.

However, Autosport understands Ferrari has imposed a term of gardening leave on Bruni that prevents the 35-year-old from racing for Porsche in WEC for the entire season.

Bruni will however be free to test and develop the 911 RSR, as well as compete for the Stuttgart marque in series other than WEC - with the US-based IMSA SportsCar Championship among his possible 2017 destinations.

With Bruni on the sidelines, it is expected either Romain Dumas or Sven Muller will join the already-announced trio of Richard Lietz, Michael Christensen and Frederic Makowiecki as Porsche's fourth works driver in WEC's GTE Pro division.

Bruni's Ferrari replacement is still uncertain as the manufacturer held a shootout at Vallelunga with four drivers earlier this month to try and decide who should partner James Calado in its #51 Ferrari 488 GTE.

McLaren protege Nyck de Vries and former Audi DTM driver Miguel Molina emerged as the favourites for the seat after the test, which also involved Alessandro Pier Guidi and Alex Riberas.

However, it is understood a decision on who will partner Calado is still yet to be taken, and that it is possible a driver who was not part of the shootout may yet be handed the seat.

Last edited by Ephaeton; 18 Feb 2017 at 14:28. Reason: hmpf, MST has redacted their article. Save the autosport one.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 16:22 (Ref:3713025)   #262
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I might be mis-remembering, but wasn't there some animosity between Fred Makowiecki & AMR when he joined Porsche as well? Obviously, it wasn't to the extent that has happened here...

Dumas and Muller are both good replacements, but for me Muller would be the better choice, if you have the opportunity to get him in the car ahead of schedule then why not take it.

I'm slightly surprised that Pier Guidi has been apparently passed over for Di Vries or Molina based on the test as well.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3713035)   #263
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I might be mis-remembering, but wasn't there some animosity between Fred Makowiecki & AMR when he joined Porsche as well? Obviously, it wasn't to the extent that has happened here...
Yes, Mako had a contract with AMR when he signed a Porsche contract.
Old 19 Feb 2017, 10:12 (Ref:3713121)   #264
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I'm slightly surprised that Pier Guidi has been apparently passed over for Di Vries or Molina based on the test as well.
Pier Guidi replaces Bruni

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...7-fia-wec.html
Old 19 Feb 2017, 11:20 (Ref:3713132)   #265
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Bruni... (MST, ger) [Hmm, link seems redacted right now, wondering whether it'll come back]
And there's a new one (MST, ger): Maranello confirmed today that Bruni's gone
(no news about 2017 WEC season, it seems he might be sent to regional series, i.e., IMSA, instead. Still no clarity on the extent of the gardening leave)
Old 19 Feb 2017, 11:39 (Ref:3713138)   #266
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Wow. I can't believe it's become reality but there we go, it's Ferraris loss and Porsches gain. I can't think of him leaving Ferrari for anywhere else.
Old 19 Feb 2017, 12:43 (Ref:3713151)   #267
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It will be interesting to see how this goes. Back in the noughties I recall a driver who moved from a factory backed Porsche team to a similar seat in a 458 team saying after his first taste of the Ferrari "it feels like cheating". Dr Walliser said (tongue in cheek?) in that article posted on here some time ago that this project started in 2005 and some people that I have asked about the new car do not know quite how this layout is possible / legal

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/6-t...rsche-911-rsr/

So given Bruni's experience it will be good to hear his views on the new car.
Old 19 Feb 2017, 13:02 (Ref:3713153)   #268
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Well it's comforting to know that on this occasion, my assessment lines up with AF Corse's. I didn't think Pier Guidi was a shoe-in but to apparently be passed over for drivers who have had little or no experience in GT racing seemed very odd.