Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 31 Dec 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3488945)   #2151
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Out for a quiet walk on the moors and some 'oik' goes and parks right in the middle of the path. And you racers think you have problems with paddock parking!

P.s. Happy New Year everyone.
Thought maybe it was Dr Palmer checking out the area for a new circuit, until I read the 'air ambulance' bit.....

Old 31 Dec 2014, 13:39 (Ref:3488952)   #2152
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's only 8 hours to go, somewhat less for Peter, and still we don't have a name for the new thread. Focus guys, focus!
Old 31 Dec 2014, 13:55 (Ref:3488956)   #2153
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I already have it planned.
Old 31 Dec 2014, 15:20 (Ref:3488973)   #2154
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I already have it planned.
TOGWT ! The old gits whaffle thread !!!!!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Dec 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3488992)   #2155
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oi! less of the 'old gits' comments - I'm not that old! At least, not compared to some on here!

Anyway, although I'm a few hours early yet - happy new year to you all, and may we all go racing next year without mishap.
Old 31 Dec 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3488999)   #2156
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Still got this blooming flu . Did have a day in the workshop but back to feeling rough again . I have had a great year racing did not win anything but spa 6 hour with mike in Gilbert then Goodwood in my lotus and some other great races around Europe .back in the UK was a great privilege to share Colin 'a EType and going on to win the class in Guards . The stoke row and Nuffield show went well on new site so looking forward to 2015 . Happy new year all and many many thanks to all my ten tenth mates for all your help and support this year

Last edited by delta; 31 Dec 2014 at 18:38.
Old 31 Dec 2014, 18:54 (Ref:3489002)   #2157
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great sympathy Ian, thought I had shaken it off, felt as right a nine pence yesterday, been down with a splitting headache today feeling really rough.
But a very healthy,happy and successful new year to everyone, good luck.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 31 Dec 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3489008)   #2158
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh well whatever it's called let's hope for the usual buffoonery and wide ranging topics. Happy New Year one and all, I've also been in the workshop all week and looking forward to a rest tomorrow. First customers testing Friday and Saturday so 2015 starting with a roar :-)

Anyone at Autosports or RaceRetro please come to my stand and say hello. You will find a welcome seat to rest your weary legs. (My seat, I'll be on my own and I need a security guard while I nip to the loo!)
Old 31 Dec 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3489014)   #2159
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Having visited my (older) sister yesterday to find that after several months of chemotherapy, lumpectomy operations and then radiotherapy, which concluded on Xmas Eve, she is looking and feeling somewhat better, and able to enjoy a good meal - and even her hair is growing back, although her wigs do suit her - I'm looking forward to 2015 with a positive outlook - it even looks like I'll be celebrating my 65th year with a return to the track courtesy of my mate's 75 V6. When I sent him birthday greetings today in which I "might" have called him "old chap" he replied a little curtly, though, so its not a given

Anyway, happy New Year to all
Old 31 Dec 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3489020)   #2160
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, happy new year.
Old 1 Jan 2015, 01:37 (Ref:3489065)   #2161
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Out for a quiet walk on the moors and some 'oik' goes and parks right in the middle of the path. And you racers think you have problems with paddock parking!

P.s. Happy New Year everyone.
Hang on, it's an Ambulance and the door's open. Aren't you supposed to leap in and nick the Sat Nav or something?

I've heard it's compulsory "up north". (Well, it is in Liverpool and the area around or so I was told by a Paramedic who works the territory ....)
Old 1 Jan 2015, 07:53 (Ref:3489135)   #2162
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Hang on, it's an Ambulance and the door's open. Aren't you supposed to leap in and nick the Sat Nav or something?

I've heard it's compulsory "up north". (Well, it is in Liverpool and the area around or so I was told by a Paramedic who works the territory ....)
Sadly very true in some parts Grant, although I suspect not limited to Liverpool in fairness to them . A few days ago here in sleepy North Yorkshire someone pinched the standalone flashing blue lights from the scene of a serious (life-threatening accident) whilst it is was being dealt with!
Old 1 Jan 2015, 09:07 (Ref:3489140)   #2163
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Happy new year to all tenthers from Sunny Spain, just woke up after the compulsory two celebrations for the hour difference!!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Jan 2015, 00:23 (Ref:3489339)   #2164
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Is it legal to post in this thread once the new year has arrived?
Old 2 Jan 2015, 09:13 (Ref:3489464)   #2165
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is, but given the size these threads become, I suggest a closure and fresh start. In fact I'm gonna do it!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 2 Jan 2015, 09:26 (Ref:3489469)   #2166
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ooops, Peter beat me to it ...... again!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Closed Thread