Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 27 Jan 2018, 04:47 (Ref:3795364)   #76
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I think I'd rather have a Tacoma if I'm going that route.

Maybe she could tell JHammy his truck sounds good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post

You seem to have a penchant for ugly cars, so this makes sense. The Colorado is a much better truck in all honestly and it's less expensive. That is until the Ranger comes out.
If you found this too snarky, my apologies. I'm having a contentious relationship with a client right now and it's not exactly bringing the best out of me. I quite like Mazdas.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 13:31 (Ref:3795409)   #77
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
What you want is the new ZR2 - it is essentially a mini-Raptor. They are really cool.

That's badass

Quote:
A 2WD truck with all the 4x4 goodies is called a "Prerunner", although it is a misuse of the word. They are extremely popular in Texas and out west atm.
Toyota has made one for years - UA's truck is a prerunner.
Huh. And I always thought the Taco Runner had 4wd.

And I guess they can be fun in the sand!

Quote:
For a reason I don't understand other than it is pretty cool, 1970's F100 are a very popular prerunner conversions:

That's badass. Fun "above" the sand.

Quote:
Conversion van companies used to make these to tow fifth wheels. I used to see them all the time but haven't in years. That one appears to be homemade.

That's badass! And I seem to recall some now.

Quote:
No offense taken as my truck isn't maroon. There is a maroonish color available now, but mine isn't it. My truck is Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearlcoat. It was a $700 option damnit.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 13:51 (Ref:3795411)   #78
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
If you found this too snarky, my apologies. I'm having a contentious relationship with a client right now and it's not exactly bringing the best out of me. I quite like Mazdas.
No problem, I think this is all hilarious! Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
That's badass

Huh. And I always thought the Taco Runner had 4wd.

And I guess they can be fun in the sand!

That's badass. Fun "above" the sand.

That's badass! And I seem to recall some now.

I want that van conversion.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3795416)   #79
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/01/26/...#slide-7225181

Longhorn is too much for me, but holy deal how much will that cost??

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
Old 27 Jan 2018, 16:28 (Ref:3795440)   #80
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Last estimate I saw was the Longhorn and Limiteds were in the range of 75k fully optioned. Yup, for a 1500. The 2500/3500 range is 8800 more for the Cummins so I'm not upgrading this truck of mine any time soon
Old 27 Jan 2018, 16:47 (Ref:3795443)   #81
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Last estimate I saw was the Longhorn and Limiteds were in the range of 75k fully optioned. Yup, for a 1500. The 2500/3500 range is 8800 more for the Cummins so I'm not upgrading this truck of mine any time soon
I believe it... the limited looks pretty sweet though. I looked at a reasonably equipped Laramie this week, no air suspension, and it was $57k.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 17:03 (Ref:3795445)   #82
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I built a new Rebel on the Ram site, sadly still no CC 6'4 or Ecodiesel on the Rebel, but it came out to 60k. Adding in the diesel and CC 6'4 would be 4-5k. Not happening any time soon but my truck is only 3.5 years and my commute has DRASTICALLY been reduced.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3795461)   #83
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The ZR2 looks great.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 21:35 (Ref:3796485)   #84
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FIRE is a secret American living in Holland. Isn't that veird?
Old 29 Jan 2018, 04:21 (Ref:3796534)   #85
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I present to you an $82k truck, yes they list it with 9800 in discounts. But MSRP of 82k would also get you a TT RS (with 20k extra), Z06, 718 Cayman/Boxster S with options. Or a full block of 'houses' in SW Atlanta.

Old 29 Jan 2018, 18:18 (Ref:3796676)   #86
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Old 29 Jan 2018, 20:54 (Ref:3796701)   #87
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I present to you an $82k truck, yes they list it with 9800 in discounts. But MSRP of 82k would also get you a TT RS (with 20k extra), Z06, 718 Cayman/Boxster S with options. Or a full block of 'houses' in SW Atlanta.

That's outrageous!

I've had to explain to the wife - see that? That truck. With that stupid lift. And those horrendous wheels. That's an $80K truck. EASY!

Edit - i just realized, you'd have to lay sideways to fit in the bed. IT's no Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Smoke and a pancake?

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 29 Jan 2018 at 20:59.
Old 29 Jan 2018, 22:35 (Ref:3796715)   #88
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
That's outrageous!

I've had to explain to the wife - see that? That truck. With that stupid lift. And those horrendous wheels. That's an $80K truck. EASY!

Edit - i just realized, you'd have to lay sideways to fit in the bed. IT's no Good!
Yeah, it's the same bed length as mine but a dually. The MegaCab is a beast inside though, I can sleep in it on the flat floor.

And that's factory wheels and ride height. There's air bag assisted load leveling at the rear with the 5th wheel setup

Last edited by broadrun96; 29 Jan 2018 at 22:40.
Old 1 Feb 2018, 02:23 (Ref:3797334)   #89
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Lol

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/958872553489022976
Old 6 Feb 2018, 18:56 (Ref:3799061)   #90
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Do not overrate me. Great music (currently listening to Nitty Gritty Dirt Band), great cars (muscle cars and pickup trucks) and motorsport culture but for the rest not everything shines in the US of A...
Old 6 Feb 2018, 21:14 (Ref:3799096)   #91
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Do not overrate me. Great music (currently listening to Nitty Gritty Dirt Band), great cars (muscle cars and pickup trucks) and motorsport culture but for the rest not everything shines in the US of A...
What are you talking about, man? Everything is going great over here.

Old 6 Feb 2018, 21:36 (Ref:3799106)   #92
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Quote:
What are you talking about, man? Everything is going great over here.

That's the way we like it!!!
Old 9 Feb 2018, 20:58 (Ref:3800073)   #93
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Old 27 Feb 2018, 00:51 (Ref:3804169)   #94
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
The 2019 Ram is on the cover of Motor Trend and it sounds like it's going to be amazing. If you ever wondered why the Charger hasn't been replaced in too long, here it is. They spent all their R&D on this thing. I'll post the article as soon as it pops up on their website.

One troubling thing, they raised the bed sides by 1.3". I already can barely reach the bed floor and have to stand on my toes to do it. At a certain point, these things will get to big even for the US. Oh, the cab is 4" longer too.
Old 27 Feb 2018, 07:05 (Ref:3804195)   #95
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
That’s last month (March). I’ve just got the April edition in U.K. and the 2019 Silverado in it along with the ‘return’ of the Ranger to the USA. The Silverado looks great but..... not sure it would pass pedestrian safety laws in Europe! That’s some bluff front end.
Old 27 Feb 2018, 22:54 (Ref:3804421)   #96
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
That’s last month (March). I’ve just got the April edition in U.K. and the 2019 Silverado in it along with the ‘return’ of the Ranger to the USA. The Silverado looks great but..... not sure it would pass pedestrian safety laws in Europe! That’s some bluff front end.
I don't have April yet, how do you? I've been a subscriber for 27 years and I live in the same country whence it is made!
Old 28 Feb 2018, 06:46 (Ref:3804466)   #97
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I don't have April yet, how do you? I've been a subscriber for 27 years and I live in the same country whence it is made!
It is bizarre...... I subscribe to an internet based 'electronic' magazine service, which includes titles from all over the world. I guess they get an advance copy of Motor Trend and add it immediately? It gives you the print copy, not a special web version, and on regular size tablet (OK, iPad) the print is big enough for someone of my age to read...... On 15" laptop, even better!

BTW Motor Trend excellent read for me as US mags are far more into EVs and other alternatively fuelled vehicles than anything published here....
Old 2 Mar 2018, 14:12 (Ref:3805229)   #98
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
It is bizarre...... I subscribe to an internet based 'electronic' magazine service, which includes titles from all over the world. I guess they get an advance copy of Motor Trend and add it immediately? It gives you the print copy, not a special web version, and on regular size tablet (OK, iPad) the print is big enough for someone of my age to read...... On 15" laptop, even better!

BTW Motor Trend excellent read for me as US mags are far more into EVs and other alternatively fuelled vehicles than anything published here....
I got my hardcopy yesterday! Yes, they cover industry news as well. Road & Track is my other favorite.

GMC tailgate

Old 2 Mar 2018, 14:24 (Ref:3805230)   #99
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I got my hardcopy yesterday! Yes, they cover industry news as well. Road & Track is my other favorite.

GMC tailgate

Is it bad my first thought seeing that was wow, that is not a working truck there. Great for boxed things but every one of those edges and mulch or soil? So many things that can go wrong there, I will they'd just smooth the face a but more. There must be 50 bolt heads on my tailgate and each one catches everything and is a pita to clean.

But then I have used my truck for tree jobs and bulk mulching more than most people not buying a 2500/3500 so maybe my outlook on it is skewed.
Old 2 Mar 2018, 14:57 (Ref:3805250)   #100
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Is it bad my first thought seeing that was wow, that is not a working truck there. Great for boxed things but every one of those edges and mulch or soil? So many things that can go wrong there, I will they'd just smooth the face a but more. There must be 50 bolt heads on my tailgate and each one catches everything and is a pita to clean.

But then I have used my truck for tree jobs and bulk mulching more than most people not buying a 2500/3500 so maybe my outlook on it is skewed.
It can stay in the standard tail gate position too. That's a carbon fiber composite bed too.