Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 26 May 2016, 11:37 (Ref:3644526)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
World Rallycross R5 - Hell, Norway

Entry lists for Hell now online. World Supercars:

http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/N...try%20List.pdf

Euro Supercars & Touring Cars:

RX Lites:

44 Supercars (17 World/27 Euro)
17 Touring Cars
12 RX Lites
Old 26 May 2016, 12:50 (Ref:3644541)   #2
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was excited when I saw Albert Llovera would take part but then he was on the entry list for lites. I hope he does good though and at least there are enough cars for two proper semis.

Otherwise quite boring entry list. Where are all the Norwegians in Supercars????????
Old 26 May 2016, 17:28 (Ref:3644622)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Last year 16 Norwegian Supercars.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 22:32 (Ref:3648807)   #4
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why are they doing heats and practice on the Friday afternoon? It can't be due to numbers (which are only about 70 cars in total).
Hope this doesn't become a thing as I don't want to take a day off work to watch events.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 22:57 (Ref:3648813)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol, dont you just love progress
Old 13 Jun 2016, 06:42 (Ref:3649290)   #6
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
No thoughts on Hell?

The semis and finals were quite clean except for Ekström and Baumanis situation in the start and Heikkinen coming out of the joker taking out Nitiss.

Bakkerud with a completely perfect weekend to say the least. Wonder if TT would have passed Bakkerud. A shame that he got a puncture since he was the only driver that could match Bakkerud. Otherwise I am happy for Bakkerud.

ERX live! Hopefully they have realized that the Lites dosen't bring too much of a show really. Much more enjoyable watching ERX

Finally, Jesus Christ what the hell are they doing with the gravel at the track? It dusts way too much when its dry and so they water it instead, making the cars look like Bambi on ice once in between. I was afraid that the ERX final would be a catastrophy watching them slip away some times. They apparently don't use salt ....
Old 13 Jun 2016, 11:08 (Ref:3649351)   #7
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
bigdick1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone else notice that TT's car seemed to have no sponsors decals on the car?
Thought Bakkerud drove brilliantly over the whole weekend, Doran trying (for once) to keep out of trouble but still finds it! Ekstrom driving very aggressively, maybe needing to force the results to keep big sponsors happy.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 14:57 (Ref:3649412)   #8
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was a really good event.

Bakkerud drove superbly and it is good to see another car at the front. Where has Team Austria found the speed from? Does anyone know who is tuning the engines?

Has OMSE/Mountune run out of ideas for development? Obviously inexperienced with Niclas and Kevin but even last year they struggled for consistent speed. First out with the Fiesta but has the budget/ideas started to shrink?

Interesting comments from Guy Wilks that he doesn't think Loeb has set the car up how he likes and to watch out for when he does. He isn't far away now so that could be interesting.

I want to see Liam do well. I think he has changed a lot with the second baby and is not the person we all lost faith in a couple of years back. He comes across a little more humble and more akin to his years with Hansen. I fear for Lydden that Palmer or BRDC will be tempted by 20k crowds and the revenue and if the Doran's lost interest then they could 'sell' the rights to the British round and Lydden would then have a very short life.

Agree it was good to see the ERX. Lots of talent in the final that would represent well in WRX. I think the split helps strengthen ERX and providers a good feeder series for WRX.

Overall another good event.

Mark
Old 13 Jun 2016, 16:39 (Ref:3649438)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
IIRC Team Austria is using engines from Pipo.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 19:08 (Ref:3649462)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mark you wint gettting anywhere near 10000 never mind 20000 crowds!

The Austrian Fiesta was pretty good at Lydden and Timur is no mug is he? People have short memories, the Peugeot is clearly being built around the Hansens as Davy is strugglign after wnning rounds last year.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 19:22 (Ref:3649464)   #11
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maasmechelen had sprinkler in the loose section last tine I went. Thought that was a cracking idea as you can apply the same amount of water before each race so it's fair. Saves time too. Obviously it's not cheap but surely someone is making money out of all of this and can help out
Old 13 Jun 2016, 19:53 (Ref:3649470)   #12
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoyed watching yesterday, interesting seeing different driving styles round a technical circuit. Just that flaming joker section, why ?
Old 13 Jun 2016, 20:46 (Ref:3649483)   #13
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Maasmechelen had sprinkler in the loose section last tine I went. Thought that was a cracking idea as you can apply the same amount of water before each race so it's fair. Saves time too. Obviously it's not cheap but surely someone is making money out of all of this and can help out
Hmm, smart system.

Does it work well? I mean having salt should be easier and cheaper in theory but this is something I've never heard of.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 21:04 (Ref:3649487)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
You simply cant put salt all over a track where therere half million pound race cars.

I agree with Hick here, a wtaer sprinkler system is a great idea, you can put even amounts on.

Lydden approach to watering is pathetic, the track is always bone dry for the supercars, and there is always tons of dust, it never used to be that bad for goodness sake, even with cars of the same power.

I know watering is a tricky subject, but watering it heavily for fwd cars is a little unfair as the times for them are then utterly irrelevant as the later heat is ALWAYS quicker.

Just sadly shows the total and utter ambivilence to suport classes in WRX, but I guess its always been this way in some regard too.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 21:34 (Ref:3649495)   #15
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
IIRC Team Austria is using engines from Pipo.
Ah, that might account for the sudden jump in pace then!

Strange to see the reversal in fortune for the two Fiesta teams; last year it was the Team Austria cars that looked awkwardly set up, now it's the OMSE cars.
Old 14 Jun 2016, 05:15 (Ref:3649549)   #16
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
You simply cant put salt all over a track where therere half million pound race cars.
In Höljes and other tracks in Sweden they salt the gravel in order to keep it from dusting at events. In Höljes especially they take care of the gravel during the whole the season.

Höljes salts the gravel after the racing in the evening and waters during the racing in the day. The Hell organization for example don't seem to know at all how to take care of the gravel.

Last edited by crossfades; 14 Jun 2016 at 05:27.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 09:24 (Ref:3649830)   #17
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

I agree with Hick here, a wtaer sprinkler system is a great idea, you can put even amounts on.

Lydden approach to watering is pathetic, the track is always bone dry for the supercars, and there is always tons of dust, it never used to be that bad for goodness sake, even with cars of the same power.

I know watering is a tricky subject, but watering it heavily for fwd cars is a little unfair as the times for them are then utterly irrelevant as the later heat is ALWAYS quicker.

Just sadly shows the total and utter ambivilence to suport classes in WRX, but I guess its always been this way in some regard too.
Using hygroscopic salts that hold water and keep the dirt moist to prevent dust is common practice on most dirt tracks I know. The price of a supercar is the least of the track owners problems when it comes to dust. In fact, it is totally irrelevant in this discussion. First comes permits, preventing complaints from neighbors, visibility through tv-camera lenses, perhaps they care about spectators seeing something but only perhaps. Car/team owners, nah don't make the list.
There is also use of cement, which contains lime and saltpeter nitrates etc, all aggressive stuff.
I don't know what they use/d in Lydden, but I know that the dirt sticking to the cars after the race, then boated back to EU and then trying to clean it, was the most work of all ERC races. Hard like concrete.
Watering tracks, in the old rule book, dunno 2016 precise rules, was a job for the stewards (yeah really, not the race director...) of course because to create equal conditions for all competitors. That is the hardest part of trackwatering. Then comes scary bit. What is enough, what is to much, all parts of the track, some parts, time schedule etc etc...
20 million worth of cars, nah, nobody gives a ...
Sprinkles are ok, idea of equal m3 between races sounds good but doesn't take drying of the track in account. That differs. Moving sprinklers water unequal, steady sprinkles water unequal. Wet dirt gets splashed out of the ideal race line etc etc.
It's difficult to keep race conditions equal.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 18:22 (Ref:3650055)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Watched the WRX coverage yesterday.
Bakkerud and his MSport Focus very impressive.
Also TT and Baumanis impressive. Glad to see these 2 boys at the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Ah, that might account for the sudden jump in pace then!

Strange to see the reversal in fortune for the two Fiesta teams; last year it was the Team Austria cars that looked awkwardly set up, now it's the OMSE cars.
Last year now and then Stohl showed the potential of the car. I didn't know it before but Stohl's team is really an engineering company and just some small rally team.

OMSE is overtaken by several teams. Current inexperienced line up of OMSE isn't helping. Also maybe their WRX and GRC projects is just too much asking from the team.
Old 26 Jun 2016, 08:56 (Ref:3655181)   #19
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Sorry for not posting this earlier but can someone explain how Peter Hedström has the record for fastest lap in Hell? In 2014 he drove the fastest lap at the track yet with 34,067 and this year the fastest lap was 37,731 by TT.