Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 17 Jun 2015, 13:42 (Ref:3551546)   #76
Iceman13
Racer

Finland
Vantaa, Finland
Iceman13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet another desing inspired by watching motorsports

In my mind, Le Mans should be the go-to-place for the French round of just about every major international series in existance, but now it seems like it's potential isn't used to the maximum. I mean, is there really a better place for the French round of F1?

That's why I turned the Bugatti circuit into a multi layout motorsports center that can offer layouts for all categories. I guess the most controversial change is the first part of the track, because it effects every single layout the whole facility has to offer. I have made the first right-hand sweep shallower and then flipped the Dunlop chicane around, in an attempt to encourage overtaking into turn 1 by providing a straighter braking zone.

I've attached pictures of some possible layouts along with their lenghts, but there are many more possible combinations to try and meet all demand.
-Pic 1: all layouts (including Circuit de la Sarthe)
-Pic 2: Bugatti Short (3.39km) using a new link road after turn 1
-Pic 3: Bugatti Main (4.17km) original Bugatti circuit, longest fully permanent layout
-Pic 4: Le Mans F1 (6.35km) Bugatti circuit with semi-permanent extensions in the north and south utilizing permanent sections of Circuit de la Sarthe, linked to a couple of public roads and some new permanent sections. It should be possible to build the southern extension into a completely permanent piece of track, if there is enough demand for that.
Attached Thumbnails
All.jpg   Bugatti Short.jpg   Bugatti Main.jpg  

Le Mans F1.jpg  
Old 18 Jun 2015, 13:46 (Ref:3551884)   #77
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a mini heart-attack when I saw that you'd changed the dunlop chicane, but I actually like the overall concept.
Old 19 Jun 2015, 12:20 (Ref:3552133)   #78
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Flipping the Chicane make a lot of sense and allows for the pit exit to be simplified into a single solution. You have got me thinking of reviewing the short circuit... Hmm