Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Apr 2004, 07:01 (Ref:928108)   #1
Big Voice
Racer

Big Voice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus Series grids up!

Great to see another affordable category hit the track.

Now people may finally to see that close racing in production cars that we all miss......bring bck the Alfa's and the Laser's.

Last edited by Big Voice; 3 Apr 2004 at 07:02.
Old 3 Apr 2004, 17:05 (Ref:928644)   #2
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
$80,000 affordable, yep great, well at least the 20 on track got the invite, hey
Old 4 Apr 2004, 00:47 (Ref:928867)   #3
Big Voice
Racer

Not everyone can spend the money needed to run a Porche or a F4000 and have the chance to give a sponsor good tv and a chance to participate in the V8 circus... to lease a Aussie Racing Car is around 5k a round this is not much more.
We looked long and hard this week with quite a lot pain suffered to give our sponsor value for his dollar after our toe in the water exercise with Aussie Racing Cars and this certainly will do that.
By the way to lease a front running Improved production car from someone like Ric Shaw would cost quite a deal of money only to have no guarantee that your car is equal to his or someone else in that series..
Brute utes are a similar cost per round and Saloon Cars would not be much cheaper if at all....
Until this year Formula Ford didn't have a Tv deal and was unsellable to a sponsor, now this year plenty want back in now they have some Tv coverage...try and lease a front running , equally well prepared Formula Ford for less than 10k per round...
In the greater scheme of things The Lotus Series will provide value for money and a good chance for the talented to show thier skills in a controlled enviroment rather than where a bigger budget gives you a better result..ie the two Porche series ..one is cheque book racing the other a controlled formula giving us close racing.

Some of us believe that HQ racing,Gemini's and IMP PROD. won't get you noticed by anyone with a budget.
I've been putting together budgets for drivers for some time and the Lotus concept is easier to sell.

Yes it is affordable...if you can't find the money why not talk to those of us who can help rather than be a negative and bitter spectator
Old 4 Apr 2004, 01:41 (Ref:928896)   #4
FatBoy
Racer

FatBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's it worth per round to run a Lotus ??

From my point of view good luck to them, if they can afford to race why shouldn't they ?? If i was a multi millionaire i'd be racing in every class i could get my bum into !!

Good to see NSW Improved Production racer Peter Foote having a shot at the Lotus series too, go get 'em Pete !!

Cheers,
Paul...
Old 4 Apr 2004, 01:48 (Ref:928901)   #5
Big Voice
Racer

I know what we are paying and you should contact Mopro for a public figure...

Peter would have found it easier to justify the cost with the tv and the circus it is a part of, rather than the local or national club stuff.
Imp Prod are rather expensive if you want to run at the front aren't thet paul ????
Old 4 Apr 2004, 02:06 (Ref:928911)   #6
FatBoy
Racer

FatBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big Voice - It sure gets expensive to run at the front of an IP race, although i've never been there so it's hard for me to comment...

The "per round" costs in IP are quite reasonable though, i usually spend about $1000 per meeting...

A Top 10 runner built from scratch (like my car for instance) can be done for around 30k, and at least double that if you want to win - Although the Championship winning car from two years ago recently sold for around 30k, i guess that makes me a dummy for building my own !!

As far as Pete goes, he's so keen to race anything that he's been known to even jump in a Daewoo for a weekend !!

Cheers,
Paul...