Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 6 Mar 2017, 13:13 (Ref:3716847)   #1
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Top Gear

So Top Gear returned last night - and I have to say it was a lot better without Chris Evans shoutiness. I'm still not sold 100% on Matt Le Blanc but on the whole it was an enjoyable watch. They've gone back to the original circuit for the celebrity laps - and changed the car to a Toyota GT86 which should make things interesting!

One episode of the Evans Top Gear was enough for me - I just couldn't put up with him. On the basis of last nights episode I'm hopeful for the rest of the series - they're not Clarkson, Hammond and May - but they are watchable and it's got to be better than 95% of the other stuff that's on!
Old 6 Mar 2017, 19:35 (Ref:3716904)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought it interesting that they acknowledged Chris Harris as the driving instructor, even if it was hammed up a bit. The made a passing reference to xtra gear but not how it could be seen, which was a bit strange.

Overall much better than start of the previous series.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 20:34 (Ref:3716916)   #3
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really liked that they went back to making it a show about cars. Less fireballs, less scripted banter. Just some cars and some nice scenery. The studio sections felt a bit forced at times but all in all it was pretty good. Certainly better than Evans' Top Gear and I thought also better than most of The Grand Tour.
Looking forward to the next episodes.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 20:53 (Ref:3716918)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
The made a passing reference to xtra gear but not how it could be seen, which was a bit strange.
When the credits were rolling at the end of the show there was another trail for extra gear - it's on the iplayer on the bbc3 pages. Must admit I've not watched anything bbc3 since it's been online only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Overall much better than start of the previous series.
Agreed. For a start I'm prepared to watch the second episode of this series.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 14:14 (Ref:3717038)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Managed to catch a bit of it last night and from what I saw, it seems they're focusing more on cars than the fun side and that's a good side, the latter got too stale with Clarkson, May and Hammond. And Matt Le Blanc seems to show his genuine enthusiasm and never appears condescending, which is always thinking. So so far it seems a step in the right direction

Is it true the old Dunsfold Aerodrome is going to be turned into housing?
Old 8 Mar 2017, 07:57 (Ref:3717204)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Harris been getting a bit of a bashing on social media, seems Matt does not want to be the leader of the group, fair enough. But not sure the other two are solid enough to be joint leaders.

Not that keen on Rory, just seems very boyish as if he is 18. Chris is fine, but does have that essence of privilege most racing drivers have.