Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 21 Mar 2002, 12:29 (Ref:240807)   #1
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
New Le Mans game for PC!?

I was searching game release dates trying to find out when the PC version of GTA3 is released in the UK, (no joy, sometime in April, if anyone has more details then let me know).

But what I did find is that several sites are saying that a PC version 1.5 of Le Mans 24 by Infogames is due for a summer release. Hopefully this means a PC conversion of the Dreamcast/PS2 version, which would explain the v1.5 rather than an all new v2. Predictably the Infogames site doesn't have any info (oh the irony!), so keep your eyes peeled. Having read some of the reviews of the PS2 game here, this seems like really good news.
Old 21 Mar 2002, 13:42 (Ref:240869)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Veeeerrryyyy interesting Allon!

I've visited the Infogrames site from time to time, hoping that we would get a new version of the rather limp original sooner rather than later. So if anyone knows when it's likely to be released, let us all know!

It will have to be good though, to rest me away from driving at Le Mans on SCGT.
Old 21 Mar 2002, 14:13 (Ref:240893)   #3
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Best I can find is an Irish site:

http://www.gamesworld.com/schedules/pccd.html

It says 7th June, so if the UK is the same that should help us get throught that looooong week before the most important weekend of the year!
Old 22 Mar 2002, 00:18 (Ref:241232)   #4
Matt Lucas
Racer

Matt Lucas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looked pretty dodgy to me when I saw the review

Matt
Old 22 Mar 2002, 08:03 (Ref:241385)   #5
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The original 24hrs LeMans was a good start. But they should have updated it with patches. They just threw it out into the market and abandoned it. A very frustrating situation to discover. I also hope they add two player support, which the first one amazingly lacked. How could anyone ignore this feature??
Old 22 Mar 2002, 13:44 (Ref:241592)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Lucas
looked pretty dodgy to me when I saw the review

Matt
Why aren't I surprised by your comment, Matt?!!

I always thought the original LM24 game by Infogrames for the PC was naff. It's "naffness" was thrown into even sharper relief by my discovery of SCGT and the availability of Matt & Co.'s superb track.

The things that really annoyed me about the Infogrames game was the inability to save except in a pit stop (although the inability to save mid-game in a quick race on SCGT is a bloody nuisance!), the very dodgy handling (which required a great deal of fine-tuning), the speed of the clock (!) and the lack of reality as far as the AI cars were concerned. All in all it was little more than an OK fun game to toy with for a few hours, but compared with other PC racing games, SCGT in particular (and remember, that is certainly not a new game), it paled very considerably. Rather like Spirit of Speed.
Old 8 Apr 2002, 13:43 (Ref:254863)   #7
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
Latest update from Electronics Boutique website. Both GTA3 and Le Mans 1.5 due for release on 24/05/02, (UK). Dates often change but it is looking good. The price for Le Mans 1.5 is quoted as £19.99 which is reasonable, but with GTA3 at £29.99 it could be an expensive day.
Old 10 Apr 2002, 21:17 (Ref:256788)   #8
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i got the original le mans game for the playstation and Ayedasi was talking about naffness - well this is the pinaccle of naffness with a capital 'P'. its so bad it is laughable - 4 things to alter in your setup, poor handling and the fact that when you hit the wall (even the slightest touch) or if you went on the grass for the merest of milliseconds you lost about 100mph!!!

the night time driving was hairy to say the least with the headlights reaching about 10 metres into the distance - so if you didnt know where you were going you were pretty much buggered. The Le Mans track is very small so you cane it round there in under a minute...hopefully someone will come along and actually try to produce a game about Le Mans - maybe the version before the Mulsanne straight was mutilated?

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 12 Apr 2002, 07:50 (Ref:257902)   #9
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
You are right about the original PSX and PC version, seriously pants. However the Dreamcast and PS2 versions seems to have been really good, check out the PS2 thread in this forum. The hope is that this Le Mans 1.5 will be a PC version of the PS2 game, and should be a lot better than the original.

Like you I found the Le Mans track on the PSX version a little lacking in length! There was also the fact that you could win beat prototypes in a Porsche 911 GT.
Old 12 Apr 2002, 08:29 (Ref:257915)   #10
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the ps2 verion of lemans 24 is very fun. least at lemans and road atlanta. the rest of the track are decently set up, but, just arnet as much fun. i guess its because none of them have a big endurance race on them. i know buggati is boring because its so stop go.
Old 12 Apr 2002, 10:35 (Ref:257963)   #11
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The PS2 version is superb, better than Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec. If they've finally got round to doing it for the PC, then perhaps a new version will be in the offing at some point?!?! PLEASE?!?!?!
Old 15 Apr 2002, 13:02 (Ref:261043)   #12
Markules
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Markules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The original Le Mans games was done by UK developer Eutechnyx, who's works include F1 World Grand Prix on the PC and PSX (but not the N64 and Dreamcast) and Max Power Racing on the PSX, and they're currently looking for a publisher for their PS2/PC/Xbox Porsche Cup game they were displaying at ECTS last year.

However, to get back to the point, Infogrames weren't happy with the PSX and PC version of Le Mans, so they went out and gave the duties of making the Dreamcast game to a small Australian developer, Melbourne House, who did a very good job and the game attracted rave reviews when it was released in Q4 2000, and was actually the top selling racing game on the Dreamcast in the States that year.

In 2001, the team ported the DC game to PS2, and while it was generally regarded as an inferior version (much like the differences between DC/PS2 Dead or Alive 2), it was still regarded as one of the best games on the console.

Given that Eutechnyx and Infogrames parted company on less-than-favourable terms, I'd imagine it is a port of the Dreamcast version. Which is what you want.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 13:52 (Ref:261117)   #13
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Markules
Given that Eutechnyx and Infogrames parted company on less-than-favourable terms, I'd imagine it is a port of the Dreamcast version. Which is what you want.
Thanks for that, very interesting. As someone who bought the original game on PSX I was very disappointed, good to hear Infogames were as well. I remember having to get a cheat code from Infogames because the career route was bugged and there was no choice of cars for Le Mans itself. Truly ugly.

So sounding good for version 1.5, let's just hope it is a decent port.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 15:13 (Ref:261192)   #14
Markules
Racer

United Kingdom
London
If its the Melbourne House game, you're in for a great game. I've got to speak to my mate who works at Infogrames PR dept about some review code today or tomorrow anyway, so I'll see if I can get you chaps some info on the new PC Le Mans game, such as who's making it, etc.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 15:52 (Ref:261219)   #15
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Markules
If its the Melbourne House game, you're in for a great game. I've got to speak to my mate who works at Infogrames PR dept about some review code today or tomorrow anyway, so I'll see if I can get you chaps some info on the new PC Le Mans game, such as who's making it, etc.
That would be great as the Infogames website is pretty useless, there is nothing on this new version. I only know about it from PC games release dates websites.

Oh and a free copy would be nice!
Old 15 Apr 2002, 16:49 (Ref:261262)   #16
Markules
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Heh, you'd be amazed how easy it is to get free games... However, the site I work for isn't involved with PC games (yet) so I doubt I'll be able to get my hands on any code for it.

Last edited by Markules; 15 Apr 2002 at 16:56.
Old 16 Apr 2002, 08:23 (Ref:261820)   #17
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
Worth a try, thanks anyway.

When you speak to your mate maybe you could gently point out that their website doesn't have much up to date info on their forthcoming games. Kinda ironic from a company called Infogames!
Old 21 Apr 2002, 12:43 (Ref:266285)   #18
Markules
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Ok, he doesn't know off the top of his head, but he'll try to find out for me by the end of the week.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 12:37 (Ref:274304)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Any more news on that PC release date yet?
Old 30 Apr 2002, 22:57 (Ref:274937)   #20
Markules
Racer

United Kingdom
London
According to my release list, 24th of may. And apparently it is the Melbourne House game, so you may all rejoice.
Old 3 May 2002, 17:38 (Ref:277739)   #21
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A new LeMans game would be great, but with Matt Lucas' leMans download, we have a great game in SCGT and LeMans. Hundreds and hundreds of cars and tracks can be downloaded into the game.

What we really need is a finished version of SCGT with all the cars and tracks. I have spent a year hacking on my game and am just starting to understand how to do it. Instead of spending the weeks and weeks learning, hacking, cursing, I wish i could have just bought the damm thing the way I wanted it.

I don't understand why a few guys in the SCGT communtiy don't just buy the rights to the thing and make their own updated copy of it. I'de think nothing of spending $50, no $100, for an SCGT 98-2001 that worked as flawlessly as the original.

A 1970's game would be great, too. Have seperate classes for WSPC and CanAm cars. A groupc/GTP game would be a monsterous seller. A thousand things can be done. the copyrights just need to be bought.