Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Jul 2020, 08:34 (Ref:3987843)   #6751
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
found a few photos of the low downforce package Toyota were testing-
The photos come from here. There are a few of other cars that were at the Paul Ricard test.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 10:44 (Ref:3987872)   #6752
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Liking the look so far, let’s see if it can still produce the goods
Old 13 Jul 2020, 12:05 (Ref:3987898)   #6753
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Liking the look so far, let’s see if it can still produce the goods
Unleashed, the TS050 has no serious opposition at this year s LM24. Let s see, what the Gods of Le Mans want..
Old 9 Aug 2020, 01:57 (Ref:3993900)   #6754
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
SCG posted this Toyota graphic showing the size of its prototype vs a Tundra. I feel like that in my car which is twice the size of the proto!

https://twitter.com/Glickenhaus/stat...366309889?s=19
Old 14 Aug 2020, 22:19 (Ref:3995445)   #6755
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Buemi confirmed that he has driven Toyota’s Le Mans Hypercar in its simulator. While describing it as slower and heavier than the manufacturer’s LMP1 car, Buemi felt the car had more of an “old school” feel: “It’s very much rear-wheel-drive until more than 120 km/h so you feel that the rear of the car is moving a lot more,” he said.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/spa-friday-notebook-12/
Old 15 Aug 2020, 13:15 (Ref:3995534)   #6756
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wtf is this, I thought the stupid penalties wouldn't be applied for LM as promised by ACO last year? Or is this just being uninformed

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/08/15/mike-conway-on-spa-and-performance-restrictions-on-hopes-for-le-mans-and-beyond.html

What are the team telling you about what they expect to be doled out for Le Mans in terms of a perfomnance level?

“I haven’t heard anything. I hope that we’ll just come back to zero because it was close last year if you look at all the averages, Rebellion were second best.

“What would be terrible is if they gave different penalties between the two Toyotas, that would be a farce really, it would just be terrible.

“One horsepower around that place is a lot of time, so I hope they take it back to zero (in terms of performance adjustment) and we have what we have.”
Old 15 Aug 2020, 20:42 (Ref:3995629)   #6757
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Man I hope Toyota have an uphill battle, however manufactured. Found myself too easily distracted away from spa today. Hope le mans can be intriguing
Old 15 Aug 2020, 21:31 (Ref:3995638)   #6758
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as far I knew at le mans there will be eot but success handicap should be removed for everyone. Toyota will likely be >930kg heavy but no more fuel flow or MJ penalities. Btw guess toyota mainly aims to get the same stint lenght of last year that let them have 1 more lap per stint compared to smp/rebellion, that's the real game changer.
About today race... well, ok both toyotas had >3s of handicap, but if during qualifying ran 6s slower than last year, was clearly they were hiding a lot
Old 15 Aug 2020, 21:37 (Ref:3995640)   #6759
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
as far I knew at le mans there will be eot but success handicap should be removed for everyone. Toyota will likely be >930kg heavy but no more fuel flow or MJ penalities. Btw guess toyota mainly aims to get the same stint lenght of last year that let them have 1 more lap per stint compared to smp/rebellion, that's the real game changer.
About today race... well, ok both toyotas had >3s of handicap, but if during qualifying ran 6s slower than last year, was clearly they were hiding a lot
Mild EoT is acceptable, the success thing isn't... nor is the mandated stint advantage, that's about as bad as the handicaps and in many ways even worse, because it results in direct in-race penalties if not 100% obeyed - even if done accidentally, it sure is horrible criminal act if nonhybrid manages accidentally to do the same lap count as hybrid car. Speaking of which, I had thought this rule too would be deleted for 2020... are we sure it isn't. But then again I also thought this for the 2019 race after it had been scrapped for Fuji 2018 and the rest of the non-LM races of 2018-2019, only to be silently brought back for no reason

Last edited by Deleted; 15 Aug 2020 at 21:46.
Old 15 Aug 2020, 22:27 (Ref:3995643)   #6760
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I was sure that Toyota would run the same eot as last year. I hope so at least.
Old 15 Aug 2020, 23:01 (Ref:3995645)   #6761
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
I was sure that Toyota would run the same eot as last year. I hope so at least.
Hopefully they do... minus the stint mandation ofc
Old 16 Aug 2020, 06:49 (Ref:3995677)   #6762
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ilta-Sanomat's F1 journalist Janne Aittoniemi speculated could Kimi Räikkonen get an offer from Toyota's LMP1 team?
Old 16 Aug 2020, 10:48 (Ref:3995705)   #6763
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Kimi in endurance racing would be an interesting experiment
Old 16 Aug 2020, 14:56 (Ref:3995749)   #6764
Deleted
Veteran

He did the 908 test back in the day and didn't really seem to care one way or another. And that article well, the information on that appears to be about as well thought as if me wondering if Lewis Hamilton would perhaps be willing to compete in Race of Champions in 2035.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 17:21 (Ref:3996033)   #6765
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Hopefully they do... minus the stint mandation ofc
Pretty sure the mandatory stint length rule was dropped. Hideous nonsense.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 20:30 (Ref:3996067)   #6766
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/pa...-pour-octobre/, this article has information on the hypercar, slated for October, and it also has Vasselon's comments about the eot at Le Mans. He confirms theres no success handicap (applause from me) applied to the cars for the 24 hours. Thankfully we can see the real progress made by the lmp1's
Old 17 Aug 2020, 23:30 (Ref:3996090)   #6767
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
it also has Vasselon's comments about the eot at Le Mans. He confirms theres no success handicap (applause from me) applied to the cars for the 24 hours. Thankfully we can see the real progress made by the lmp1's
Great news! One final hurrah is what we deserved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Pretty sure the mandatory stint length rule was dropped. Hideous nonsense.
Pretty sure is still not entirely sure though, isn't it :/ I remember back in Spa 2018 when Dragonspeed was angry about the penalties being applied if they did too lengthy stints (in the fear of their waiver-bronze driver), and then some people in the sportscar media claimed they had seriously misinterpreted the rules and such would never really happen. Of course, it did happen. Then, after the stint caps were axed for Fuji, everyone also thought they would never come back... until it did.

The last time around Toyota was able to bring it back for oneoff appearance because they had the VETO right for such, I wonder if they still do...

Maybe this year, they announce the comeback of it 30 minutes before practice, in revised bulletin?

I guess if there is one single not-entirely-negative thing about bop racing, it's that no such absurd invention of separation is possible. There are other horrible inventions in great numbers but not that. The stint limit is basically the reverse counterpart of the reference lap time absurdity in Creventic racing

Last edited by Deleted; 17 Aug 2020 at 23:43.
Old 18 Aug 2020, 00:00 (Ref:3996093)   #6768
TF110
Veteran

United States
I guess they were still in the "hybrid has an efficiency advantage so let them show it" mood. Obviously the efficiency part is true but the mandated stint length is the wrong way to go about it.
Old 18 Aug 2020, 00:25 (Ref:3996099)   #6769
Deleted
Veteran

Yes... rather than showing it off via natural way - obviously the advantages of hybridization are massive - they ended up with the most arbitrary method possible.

edit: thought better on the Audi parable
Old 18 Aug 2020, 05:40 (Ref:3996127)   #6770
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/pa...-pour-octobre/, this article has information on the hypercar, slated for October, and it also has Vasselon's comments about the eot at Le Mans. He confirms theres no success handicap (applause from me) applied to the cars for the 24 hours. Thankfully we can see the real progress made by the lmp1's
Wow, such a relief! We knew it would be that way, but when someone confirms, thats even better! Toyota made a big progress this year, I can see them making 3:12 lap at LM
Old 18 Aug 2020, 07:52 (Ref:3996148)   #6771
Steve McQ
Racer

France
Steve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That is not exactly the way I see it. Yes, success handicap is axed for LM but there still is an EoT going on that can be waived anytime (remember season 2018 where it was completely changed before even the first race).

I hope that after 6,5 year of racing with the current ruleset, so much data gathered plus the hindsight of more than year racing with success handicap, FINALLY the ACO can bring something close to a good balance between work hybrid cars and privateers "standard" ones.

That means I would be happy if Rebellion are 2 to 3" per lap off the race pace at Le Mans.
Old 18 Aug 2020, 09:37 (Ref:3996163)   #6772
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Great news! One final hurrah is what we deserved

Pretty sure is still not entirely sure though, isn't it :/ I remember back in Spa 2018 when Dragonspeed was angry about the penalties being applied if they did too lengthy stints (in the fear of their waiver-bronze driver), and then some people in the sportscar media claimed they had seriously misinterpreted the rules and such would never really happen. Of course, it did happen. Then, after the stint caps were axed for Fuji, everyone also thought they would never come back... until it did.

The last time around Toyota was able to bring it back for oneoff appearance because they had the VETO right for such, I wonder if they still do...

Maybe this year, they announce the comeback of it 30 minutes before practice, in revised bulletin?

I guess if there is one single not-entirely-negative thing about bop racing, it's that no such absurd invention of separation is possible. There are other horrible inventions in great numbers but not that. The stint limit is basically the reverse counterpart of the reference lap time absurdity in Creventic racing
Agree, that 1 extra lap mandatory advantage was clearly due toyota huge influence on everything related to tech/sport regulamentations