Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 15 Sep 2011, 07:58 (Ref:2955765)   #1
Kangaroo75
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kangaroo75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking for events for marshal in November/December

Yeah... that should have been "Looking for events TO marshal in November/December"

Anyway ! .......

As the calendar comes to an end, I'm looking for events to marshal in November and December

I'm signed up for the Walter Hayes trophy at Silverstone on the 5th/6th November and also the Plum Pudding at Mallory on the 26th December

Can anyone suggest any other events in November and December? I'm stuggling to find some and am needing my fix !

Last edited by Kangaroo75; 15 Sep 2011 at 08:05. Reason: Typo! (fat fingers)
Old 15 Sep 2011, 08:39 (Ref:2955779)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's my diary at present:
November 5/6 Hyde Park for the London to Brighton Veteran Car run
11/12 Snetterton for the BRSCC run 12 hour MX5 race
20 Sherwood Forest for the Dukeries Rally
December 2/3 Duncombe Park for the Roger Albert Clark Rally
10/11 Rockingham Stages
4/5 Carlisle for the Roger Albert Clark Rally
26 Mallory Park
+ I'm sure the MSA will throw in at least one Kart meeting to Steward

Last edited by The Fat Clerk; 15 Sep 2011 at 09:06.
Old 15 Sep 2011, 08:55 (Ref:2955782)   #3
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
...and there's the Rockingham Stages rally too, which this year is 10/11 December. As a single venue rally it's not the full on dark cold forest experience, but it's worth doing. Just hope the weather isn't so cold this year as it was last!
Old 15 Sep 2011, 08:58 (Ref:2955785)   #4
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo75 View Post
Yeah... that should have been "Looking for events TO marshal in November/December"

Anyway ! .......

As the calendar comes to an end, I'm looking for events to marshal in November and December

I'm signed up for the Walter Hayes trophy at Silverstone on the 5th/6th November and also the Plum Pudding at Mallory on the 26th December

Can anyone suggest any other events in November and December? I'm stuggling to find some and am needing my fix !
Not a race meeting but there is the North Region Hot Pot and AGM on Saturday, 19th November and there maybe a meeting at Anglesey on Sunday, 27th November.
Old 15 Sep 2011, 09:29 (Ref:2955797)   #5
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rallycross at Croft 5th & 6th Nov if you can't get down to Silverstone
Otherwise, as already said, karts and Rallys
http://www.brmc.org.uk/

Karts will help keep your flagging arm up to strength through the winter.
Rallys will teach you never to moan about early starts or bad weather at circuits.

If you still need a fix, then look at the less mainstream stuff like Trials, or find some local clubs running autotests or 12 car navigation rallies or similar.
Old 15 Sep 2011, 09:31 (Ref:2955799)   #6
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MSVR are currently putting together a meeting at Brands on 12 November also.
Old 15 Sep 2011, 09:43 (Ref:2955804)   #7
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
in my first year of marshalling last year in december time trying to book things for november! went on seperate websites to make sure every date was booked, i wont do that again!

best sites i stumbled across, google: racedates.com, silk rally radio, and itsmymotorsport. the first 2 will really sort you out 2nd more geared towards rally and training fixtures. the third is more uk specific and is in depth about circuit guides

nowt better than doing the proper club rally stuff, and not the high profile crap! there's loads on in the offseason, i wont have one, unless you can count 7 days!
Old 15 Sep 2011, 10:00 (Ref:2955815)   #8
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Kangaroo 75.

Your post does not make clear where you live in the UK, and how far you are prepared to travel.

Brands Hatch (MSVR) has a number of events during November as follows:

5 Nov - Lotus 1000K (with one hour night practice on Friday 04 Nov).

12 Nov - Victor Meldew Races.

19 Nov - BRITCAR Into the Night Race (with one hour night practice on Friday 04 Nov).

If you are interested in marshalling any or all of these events, please send me a PM, and I will make the necessary arrangements.
Old 15 Sep 2011, 10:11 (Ref:2955817)   #9
nate93
Racer

United Kingdom
Tattershall, Lincolnshire
nate93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's also theBritish Heart Foundation day at snett on the 26th november.
Old 15 Sep 2011, 10:25 (Ref:2955828)   #10
Kangaroo75
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Scillitoe View Post
Hi Kangaroo 75.

Your post does not make clear where you live in the UK, and how far you are prepared to travel.

Brands Hatch (MSVR) has a number of events during November as follows:

5 Nov - Lotus 1000K (with one hour night practice on Friday 04 Nov).

12 Nov - Victor Meldew Races.

19 Nov - BRITCAR Into the Night Race (with one hour night practice on Friday 04 Nov).

If you are interested in marshalling any or all of these events, please send me a PM, and I will make the necessary arrangements.

I live near Manchester and don't mind where in the UK the events are, some good suggestions so far, really tempted with the MSVR event on 12th November, going to Google it and see if I can find out what's running
Old 15 Sep 2011, 10:35 (Ref:2955838)   #11
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Quote:
I live near Manchester and don't mind where in the UK the events are, some good suggestions so far, really tempted with the MSVR event on 12th November, going to Google it and see if I can find out what's running
I'm afraid that you are wasting your time at the moment as the event was only confirmed at the beginning of this week. The VM has been a traditional end of season event at Brands Hatch for a few years now, based on an idea from Project 8 Racing (so, lots of BMW's and TTRS cars). It will be interesting to see whether any of the races from recently cancelled Donington Park meetings will now be included in the programme.
Old 15 Sep 2011, 11:26 (Ref:2955864)   #12
NewYankee01
Veteran

Quote:
if you really want there's the christmas stages at croft 27th i believe, dont miss the RAC! doing the first and last day... especially if its in the snow should be very interesting!
Old 15 Sep 2011, 14:47 (Ref:2955982)   #13
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter that was a good assumption...

The BARC SEC TinTops and Intermarques will also be at the November 12th date at Brands, this is a replacement for the Donington round that we have lost.

We're also hoping to have DMN there too, but as its a championship we need to get all the paperwork in place for that one first.

It should be a great meeting, the Victor Meldrew is always a good giggle and they usually supply sweeties too (usually Werthers originals!). If you venture into national and club and search in there for Victor Meldrew it'll explain a bit more about it...a very light hearted meeting at the end of the season!
Old 15 Sep 2011, 14:52 (Ref:2955987)   #14
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza View Post
Peter that was a good assumption...

The BARC SEC TinTops and Intermarques will also be at the November 12th date at Brands, this is a replacement for the Donington round that we have lost.

We're also hoping to have DMN there too, but as its a championship we need to get all the paperwork in place for that one first.

It should be a great meeting, the Victor Meldrew is always a good giggle and they usually supply sweeties too (usually Werthers originals!). If you venture into national and club and search in there for Victor Meldrew it'll explain a bit more about it...a very light hearted meeting at the end of the season!
Yes, it was Better get a good turn out of your guys, Chezza, as I have already recruited Kangaroo75 to marshal the event
Old 15 Sep 2011, 15:12 (Ref:2955994)   #15
Charlyw001
Rookie

Charlyw001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
November/December events

AC Owners MSA Sprint is at Goodwood Circuit on the 5th of November .

Greem can you let me have the club website for the rally event in December at Rockingham please? The circuit calender doesn't go that far yet.

Charlotte

Last edited by Charlyw001; 15 Sep 2011 at 15:13. Reason: added text after blonde moment
Old 15 Sep 2011, 15:16 (Ref:2955995)   #16
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlyw001 View Post
Greem can you let me have the club website for the rally event in December at Rockingham please?
Oddly enough it's the terribly obvious:

http://www.rockinghamstages.co.uk/

They don't usually start polling for people until October, so hold off for a little while - the website still has a bunch of 2010 details on it. DM me if you want the contact details for the chief marshal.
Old 15 Sep 2011, 15:20 (Ref:2955997)   #17
Charlyw001
Rookie

Charlyw001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Events

See thats why previous post was altered due to blonde moment would never have guessed the site was that simple.

Charlotte

Ps thanks for the info
Old 15 Sep 2011, 16:01 (Ref:2956004)   #18
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As said earlier there is a winter meeting at Anglesey on 27th November. There is usually races for Formula Fords, Caterhams & Sports & Saloons (IIRC) Format is normally qualifying in the morning then a race per class before lunch and a race per class after lunch. With a finish time around 16:30 so you could get a full days marshalling and still be home by 19:00

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 15 Sep 2011, 16:12 (Ref:2956009)   #19
NewYankee01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlyw001 View Post
AC Owners MSA Sprint is at Goodwood Circuit on the 5th of November .

Greem can you let me have the club website for the rally event in December at Rockingham please? The circuit calender doesn't go that far yet.

Charlotte
the circuit calender had better get itself updated! i knew about the dates in february/march time! i hope i havent given a time before it was officially announced but i finished my fixtures list well before the start of the circuit season!
Old 15 Sep 2011, 17:56 (Ref:2956035)   #20
Kangaroo75
Rookie

United Kingdom
A busy November!

Thanks for all the suggestions !

I've decided to go for

5/6 Nov - Walter Hayes at Silverstone

12 Nov - Victor Meldrew at Brands Hatch

19 Nov - Britcar at Brands Hatch

26 Nov - British Heart Foundation at Snetterton

Can't wait !

Just need to sort out December now lol

I've not done any rallying yet, but I've been looking the dates in Dec and might have a dabble, doing a bit more research first

Thanks once again for all the suggestions!
Old 15 Sep 2011, 18:02 (Ref:2956039)   #21
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Ian Briggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A you mention the www.silkrallyradio.com website, why not come along to the cambrian rally on the 8th Oct, its not far away and virtually every silk callsign will be there, most of us are circuit bods as well so we wont bite, much, unless we are hungry.... erm,

Anyway, as mentioned the Roger Albert, BRMC north have Ae to run, longest and best of the event (thats true that is, the competitors said so last year) plus its a good chance to re-live the good<?> old days of 4 days marshalling whilst dashing round the country, surviving on Little chef all day brekkies

1st weekend in dec is the grizedale stages, great event, classic location.

If you are rally registered with the MSA there is rally GB in November, 4 days this year, plus WRC cars in the dark, MMMmmmmm