Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 24 Jun 2013, 06:43 (Ref:3268703)   #51
Croft Marshal
Rookie

England
Washington Tyne & Wear
Croft Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A minutes silence was help at the BTCC at Croft at 10.25am on Sunday just before the pitlane walkabout
Old 27 Jun 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3270695)   #52
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Steve Fox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see from my BGP paperwork that the minutes silence planned as a "mark of respect" will be at 7 in the evening on Friday during the Marshals pit walk in the pit lane. I had hoped that it would have been on race day at least, shortly before the race would have been nice and although it is good that we are able to show our respects for our fallen but I am glad that I attended the Mini festival at Brands last week and was able to stand at the side of a race track and remember that it could have been me.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3270889)   #53
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The tribute will be filmed by FOM and sent to the Canadian ASN. There may well be TV cameras covering the silence as well for the usual programmes.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 20:19 (Ref:3271365)   #54
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Steve Fox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the last three or four full busloads of Marshals will be able to watch the minutes silence on the tv then as the buses were late collecting us and we arrived after it had happened. I'm not sure why nobody noticed that a hundred Marshals were missing and delayed it so we could join in but at least tribute was paid (I expect...)
As nobody on the post I am on or any near it made it we will try to have a moment or two's thoughts before the Grans Prix.