Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:08 (Ref:2848320)   #1
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Feedback needed for the Streaming for qualifying

Tell us if you are watching from ESPN3, or www.americanlemans.com

I am www.alms.com

The video is very jittery, the audio is mostly good, but has moments of jitters...

Need feedback on the quality for others.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:14 (Ref:2848331)   #2
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Watching via ALMS site in UK on my PS3. Screen stretched to 46 inch. Looks a bit pixelated but the stream is constant but fps needs cranking up a notch. Audio fine but yeah a few occasional splutters. Starting to think it's like that for everyone.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:17 (Ref:2848338)   #3
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ESPN3 - Looks good fullscreen on a 22" monitor. I would say it is the same quality as the Speed qualifying streams from last year.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:18 (Ref:2848339)   #4
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Watching ESPN3 on my 24" iMac. Video quality is ok, but shots with fast motion (ie cars moving across screen) is a bit choppy. Also video has frozen 3 times, but audio keeps going during freeze.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:22 (Ref:2848345)   #5
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Must admit the real acid test will be tomorrow at the start when the sites have peak traffic.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:24 (Ref:2848347)   #6
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Watching via ALMS site in UK on my PS3. Screen stretched to 46 inch. Looks a bit pixelated but the stream is constant but fps needs cranking up a notch. Audio fine but yeah a few occasional splutters. Starting to think it's like that for everyone.
Same, increased FPS is more important than higher res. ATM.

Ideally there'd be an option for quality.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:30 (Ref:2848359)   #7
Mecatech
Rookie

Mecatech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how do you watch it on ALMS.com? I cant find the link

please help!
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:30 (Ref:2848360)   #8
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Same, increased FPS is more important than higher res. ATM.

Ideally there'd be an option for quality.
Yeah I figured there would be an option too. All things said and done though I'd take this current config for the race. It's watchable and you do get used to it. From what I can gauge ESPN3 seems a bit slicker, but I'll take a bit worse quality to gain this duo on comm's.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:35 (Ref:2848366)   #9
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.americanlemans.com Watching on my 19" computer monitor - pretty pixelated and choppy at times. Cannot go to full screen
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:35 (Ref:2848369)   #10
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watching on ESPN3 on a 100" projector screen. Looks pretty good quality wise, occasional framerate drops, but it's far better than SD cable looks, which is how I watched Speed last year.

I only wish we had Hindy / RLM for commentary instead of the normal US sportscar commentary team.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:36 (Ref:2848373)   #11
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
ALMS site stream -> PC -> 32" TV. Audio is great but I had to turn the stereo almost on max, it's too quiet. The video frame rate could be higher. Otherwise it's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecatech View Post
how do you watch it on ALMS.com? I cant find the link

please help!
http://www.americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=live
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:47 (Ref:2848402)   #12
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Just stopped for me for the first time but back on now.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:52 (Ref:2848412)   #13
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks good, but few lags sometimes and frezzing
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2848419)   #14
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yeah I figured there would be an option too. All things said and done though I'd take this current config for the race. It's watchable and you do get used to it. From what I can gauge ESPN3 seems a bit slicker, but I'll take a bit worse quality to gain this duo on comm's.
Given what's riding on this I wouldn't be suprised if they've been conservative with the quality and dial it up once they get a better idea of demand.

This is the first time I've seen any ALMS qualifying so I can't complain.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2848420)   #15
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Watched the alms.com stream on my Laptop connected to the TV, resolution is good enough, framerate is not. Audio quality good but sometimes too choppy, and way too quiet.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:56 (Ref:2848422)   #16
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Watching ESPN3 on my 24" iMac. Video quality is ok, but shots with fast motion (ie cars moving across screen) is a bit choppy. Also video has frozen 3 times, but audio keeps going during freeze.
I never had this problem with my espn3 stream it was flawless.

The only I ask it they up the quality big time. Maybe 720P perhaps?
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:58 (Ref:2848426)   #17
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
resolution is okish .. a little bigger would be nice
but it's choppy .. very choppy

Ciao Marco
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:58 (Ref:2848427)   #18
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
alms.com:

- The framerate. It needs to be raised. Such low fps completely kills the sense of speed. I'm sure most people mean the framerate (FPS) when they say "choppy".
- Audio quality is very good but occasionally garbles
- Volume from the track could a bit higher

Surprisingly, the bitrate of the video seems to be as much as 1 Mbit. I'd exchange part of that for a higher fps.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2848430)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
the live streaming is working fine here in the uk
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:02 (Ref:2848435)   #20
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
did anyone else got their ears pierced by some high pitch sound coming from the stream ???

Ciao Marco
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:02 (Ref:2848436)   #21
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Now they switched the stream director for Aphex Twin.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:03 (Ref:2848438)   #22
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
did anyone else got their ears pierced by some high pitch sound coming from the stream ???
Yup. And choppy stream that looks like signal problems between the TV truck and the server.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:03 (Ref:2848439)   #23
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just crashed (again) with horrible whistle...

Quite low fps and overall quality on the alms.com stream... also choppy at times. Not very impressed - especially compared to certain series - but I suppose it's watchable. And audio was fine by all means.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:03 (Ref:2848440)   #24
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
Wow yeah that was as if I was being sucked in to the matrix there. Stream is destroyed currently like someone is trying to tune an old tv.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:04 (Ref:2848441)   #25
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I think someone in the truck just knocked their beer over the controls. Hopefully it won't make that noise at 2am Sunday morning!