Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:38 (Ref:1355788)   #76
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thank you. You learn new things every day!
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:39 (Ref:1355791)   #77
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Indeed. I learnt a few things at Monza!
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1355792)   #78
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well thanks for sharing. I never realised that (nor thought / contemplated) that there could be restrictions like that. Don't you think that it's perhaps a little silly?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:48 (Ref:1355796)   #79
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It's certainly inconsistent, that's for sure.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:56 (Ref:1355808)   #80
Suze
Veteran

England
Do you not think it could be viewed as discriminatory? ie wouldn't people have grounds to complain if they got a harsher punishment depending on the country they were in, just because of their race license?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1355810)   #81
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had perhaps naively imagined that a full set of permanent championship officials would have travelled with the F3 International Series. Did they, and is it just that they don't have the same authority outside of the UK?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:59 (Ref:1355811)   #82
Suze
Veteran

England
I think from what Foxy Mole said it's to do with the Italian authorities and laws, no?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 22:01 (Ref:1355813)   #83
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well that appears to be the case, yes - but I do find that a little surprising.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1355825)   #84
Suze
Veteran

England
Exactly, that's what I was thinking too.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 22:34 (Ref:1355834)   #85
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
There is a group of Series officials who go to every meeting - Race Director, Technical Delegate etc., but they have to work with the officials at the circuits abroad. It's not like F1, where the posse moves into town and takes over. Don't forget also that BF3 was a support race to the LMES.

The Italian were actually super efficient, but they have their own ASN (like the MSA in the UK) and their own 'blue book', so some interpretations are different.

Then you have to consider the law of the land. Remember what happened after Imola in '94, for example, and some of the reasons why the majority of the F1 teams felt unable to race at Indianapolis this year. Reasons that have today been recognised by the FIA Senate.

It's quite a complicated subject and, like most things in motor racing, could be better. Still didn't spoil a mega weekend, though!
Old 15 Jul 2005, 00:11 (Ref:1355864)   #86
Suze
Veteran

England
Guess it's like a lot of things in life though, not just motor-racing that could be better! Still regretting not going!
Old 15 Jul 2005, 07:48 (Ref:1356002)   #87
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Ha! You wish!

Do you not realise that, imo, they way you kind of stereotype is derogatory? And how can you class one female from the other? I mean, you don't know me personally. What category would I come in to?! How can you decide how one female's opinion is "better" or more "valuable" than another?
If you read my post I said that I don't believe all females on here are like that! I just know of certain individuals that are, just lets say I have my sources
Old 15 Jul 2005, 08:15 (Ref:1356013)   #88
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Autosport, Asmer wants to leave Hitech if Bridgman continues as his teamate. I doubt it will happen, but you never know. It'd be better if Bridgman got the push, and certainly cut down on repair bills. I'm not bashing Tim for the sake of it, but its not just bad luck to have only scored two points all season when you're well funded and at a top team.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 09:24 (Ref:1356062)   #89
Zurich
Rookie

Switzerland
Zurich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think those comments from Asmer were made in the heat of the moment. The same article goes on to say that the pair are expected to continue with the team.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 12:09 (Ref:1356171)   #90
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Hope they both stay.... in the championship.

Back to Dirani, isn't is simpaly a case of he caught everyone napping with his experience at Donington and that the Lola isn't yet fully on a par with the Dallara?
Old 15 Jul 2005, 14:41 (Ref:1356293)   #91
dh01
Rookie

dh01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bridgeman. The guy has flashes of speed but is more of a headless chicken. Makes way too many mistakes and is a knob. I can say this because I've worked with him in the past.

Dirani/lola? The car isn't as good as a Dallara at some tracks. Or most tracks even. But the car was good at donington. I have heard alot from people that used to work with Dirani about how if he has a bad day, the rest of his season will plunge into a downward spiral, and he has a lot of trouble getting it back on the rails. The Lola can't be all that bad because Kane is doing great things with one, using less money/testing, probably with less resources at Promatecme. And I don't think Kane is that brilliant a driver. Though either is Dirani? More 4 years practice than raw talent? And Dirani did ALOT of fast pre season testing time in the Lola.

Opel engine is not the same for these UK teams that have bought it as the works supported outfits in euroseries. Conway is a very good driver I think, and his car is setup really well. If you watch the car over curbs and bumps it looks smooth, and up close there are lots of nice little F1 style touches to the areodynamics of the car. I think they are let down by the engine, and I've heard rumors that the drivers feel this is the case and some of them have looked to jump ship.

I wonder if anyone from Fortec has made phone calls to Mugen to ask about an exchange?

The two invitational cars at monza from HBR had opel engines, and they were racing with the tail end of the Schoolorship cars!
Old 20 Jul 2005, 09:42 (Ref:1359145)   #92
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I said in a previous thread, Dirani took profit from his F3 experience favourable gap at the beginning of the season; but it was absolutely expectable that it was bound to decrease race after race.
The current performance gap between Lola and Dallara seems realistic to me, although I'd like to underline that results of the huntigdon chassis are not bad at all for a first-year one: in 2003-4 most of the technical work on Lola-Dome was done by the japanese, after all.
Old 27 Jul 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1365017)   #93
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dh01
Bridgeman. The guy has flashes of speed but is more of a headless chicken. Makes way too many mistakes and is a knob. I can say this because I've worked with him in the past.
Ha! I know this has been done to death but I only just saw the race on Motors last night. I've been off the F3 scene for a while but after seeing that little display I'd be pretty unhappy about having to be on the same track as Bridgeman.

Most unimpressive.

Great argument for staying in karts till you actually learn a bit of racecraft and maturity, rather than jumping into a single seater at the very first opportunity.
Old 28 Jul 2005, 08:59 (Ref:1365353)   #94
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched it on motors the other night and looking at the in-car-footage IMO the general driving standards were dismal. Its almost as if the drivers thought they only had one lap to do as well as possible. Some of the moves were totally thoughtless.

You would have thought by now that most drivers in F3 were thinking a couple of corners ahead not 10ft.

Wont mention specific drivers names, as this thread's bashing is bad enough, but definitely think some team managers should be having a few harsh words in their drivers ears!!