Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Jun 2015, 17:55 (Ref:3545851)   #26
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I personally think that the racing has been somewhat more processional as a whole since the wholesale move to NGTC. There has undoubtedly been some good races, but I personally believe that we have had more dull races than under previous regulations (S2000, BTC, supertouring etc).
Old 7 Jun 2015, 19:59 (Ref:3545880)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Race 3 was good, now just need Turks to get on top of his car
Old 7 Jun 2015, 21:41 (Ref:3545915)   #28
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Adam Morgan - now 43 points behind Plato in champs, again a 'what if' he hadn't got a drive through scenario.

Jordan as well looked back on form this weekend, and he's crept up the championship order too, unnoticed to me at least!
Old 7 Jun 2015, 23:03 (Ref:3545945)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Jordan has been very understated this year. He just needs a win
Old 8 Jun 2015, 07:49 (Ref:3546039)   #30
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
I think '**** poor' is a bit over the top - not as bad as last year, certainly. I enjoyed it at least. Feel for Adam Morgan, as it wasn't much of a jump-start, but it was a jump-start. I'm very pleased to see Mr Welch scraping in to the points, even if Wilmot retired yet again. At least they've got one of them running right.
Welch were the only BTCC team under an awning in the paddock. Not enough garages to go around?
Old 8 Jun 2015, 10:50 (Ref:3546091)   #31
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I watched the first 2 races' live and I thought they where dull. I missed the third race as my daughter want to watch CBeebies instead I think that might have been more entertaining. I did record the third race but I deleted from my Sky box before watching it.

I love Oulton Park but they need to put on better show next year, maybe they should race on the Foster's layout instead.

Hopefully we will get a better show at Croft in a couple of weeks time.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 11:51 (Ref:3546109)   #32
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Why in God's name does the director feel it's necessary to cut into split screen which features a much smaller screen with the racing on it and another smaller one featuring lots of uninterested team members all busy doing their jobs which aren't in any way spectacular or moving in any way? This HAS to stop. It was already irritating, but now they're cutting in to nothing relevant at a time that doesn't make any of this 'in the moment human emotions' BS relevant either. It's hugely irritating. I'm not tuning in to watch Team Dynamics' engineers watch TV. I'm tuning in to watch it myself thank you. I want to see racing, not other peoples' dead pan faces as they watch. Pointless new dynamic that brings nothing positive to the coverage and in fact makes it worse and more laughable. It needs to stop asap. As in FOR RACE 3.
This is also my pet peeve. However, to be fair the racing was so processional we hardly missed anything on this occasion.

Oulton Park is such a picturesque track, and must be a blast to drive around, but the recent BTCC outings have been poor.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 12:54 (Ref:3546126)   #33
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Needs more rain
Old 8 Jun 2015, 13:31 (Ref:3546144)   #34
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why in God's name does the director feel it's necessary to cut into split screen which features a much smaller screen with the racing on it and another smaller one featuring lots of uninterested team members all busy doing their jobs which aren't in any way spectacular or moving in any way? This HAS to stop. It was already irritating, but now they're cutting in to nothing relevant at a time that doesn't make any of this 'in the moment human emotions' BS relevant either. It's hugely irritating. I'm not tuning in to watch Team Dynamics' engineers watch TV. I'm tuning in to watch it myself thank you. I want to see racing, not other peoples' dead pan faces as they watch. Pointless new dynamic that brings nothing positive to the coverage and in fact makes it worse and more laughable. It needs to stop asap. As in FOR RACE 3.
In their defence, at least they've finally discovered how to show two camera angles at once, although they forgot again by the time race 3 came around. Only 40 years late...
Old 8 Jun 2015, 16:24 (Ref:3546179)   #35
S griffin
Veteran

I remember they used to do it for the live BBC coverage in the nineties
Old 8 Jun 2015, 17:03 (Ref:3546195)   #36
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
In their defence, at least they've finally discovered how to show two camera angles at once, although they forgot again by the time race 3 came around. Only 40 years late...
I was going to say the same. At least what we want to see is still onscreen, albeit tiny. It's not as bad in BTCC as it is in F1 coverage, but then there is a lot more time between anything interesting happening in F1 so perhaps they can be forgiven for trying to find something to show... Personally I don't care that [celebrity] is wandering around the Ferrari pits, or that [driver's wife] is attractive. Unless it's the ghost of Michael Jackson moonwalking up Eau Rouge, show me the cars, please
Old 8 Jun 2015, 17:36 (Ref:3546205)   #37
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well it took 2 races and 8 laps but that was some good racing there!!!

Biggest news perhaps is that Dan Welch scored a point.
But Welch Motorsport got deducted 20 points for 2 engine changes this weekend. So back to square zero for them.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3546227)   #38
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
jimothy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They're surely on minus points by now?
Old 8 Jun 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3546234)   #39
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a fairly standard Oulton weekend, nice weather, average racing and Paul O'Neill telling us how good a track it is for drivers. Just catching up on the support series races and I thought they were pretty entertaining, especially the Clios!

Delighted for Dan and the team scoring their first point since 2013, and first with the engine. Dan's a very talented driver and hopefully now will get a chance to once again prove himself at the correct end of the field. They were never going to win the teams championship so points deductions there mean nothing in the long run.

Been very disappointed with RAR this year, all the pre-season talk about being the most prepared ever yet both have been very far down a field that's smaller and has less quality in it that last year. Very disappointing.

On the other hand Martin Depper has impressed me hugely, he's came on leaps and bounds this year in what's becoming a fairly old car.

I think it's Plato's Championship to lose now, a dominant and controlled weekends racing. Pleased for Tordoff scoring his first WSR win, he's a future champion in my eyes.

On wards to Croft, the first round I'll be able to attend live this year (problems with living in the middle of nowhere up north!) Cannot wait!
Old 8 Jun 2015, 19:52 (Ref:3546243)   #40
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimothy84 View Post
They're surely on minus points by now?
Yes and no

They have scored less points than they have in penalties, by some margin. However TOCA changed the rules so that engine penalties will not result in a negative score. In theory each extra engine should cost the team 10 points, but if they don't have that many then they just lose whatever points they had.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 08:33 (Ref:3546404)   #41
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I never even saw the Infinity during the TV coverage on Sunday. Did they race?
Old 9 Jun 2015, 10:02 (Ref:3546421)   #42
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I never even saw the Infinity during the TV coverage on Sunday. Did they race?
You've got to admire the positive spin on events that the SOP Facebook pages posts:

Quote:
1-2-3 finish for Palmer and ParasRacing
Derek Palmer bagged a 1-2-3 finish for Support Our Paras Racing today when he scored the team's first British Touring Car Championship points.
Palmer, racing for the first time this season as an Independent — and watched by the Red Devils who dropped in — delivered three impressive drives at Oulton Park, notching points in all three races.
After scoring his first point after finishing 15th in class in the opener, Palmer improved to 14th in Race 2 — registering two points — before going one step further in the day's final, scoring three points for 13th.
"That's mega: awesome," Palmer said after being told of his achievements. "It's the perfect way to end what has been a difficult few weeks for the team. Now we have a new, solid base to work and develop from. I'm very happy."
This was the first weekend Support Our Paras Racing had raced since Infiniti withdrew its backing for the new team.
The Mallory Park-based team's race cars are prepared by injured ex-servicemen from the Parachute Regiment, with all team profits being donated to Support Our Paras, the official Regiment charity.
It was a day of notable firsts for the fledgling team. Not only did Support Our Paras Racing score its first 19 points in the Independents Team Trophy, but Palmer took three podium finishes in the Jack Sears Trophy for BTCC rookies.
After finishing third in the opening two races, Palmer was second in the day's final race. He now stands fourth in the race for the prestigious Jack Sears Trophy, just 18 points off third.
And Palmer was delighted with his, and the team's performances throughout the weekend, especially in the day's final race.
"I'm very happy," the 28-year-old admitted. "The race pace is significantly improved, and we can now comfortably mix it with the guys in the midfield. I struggled a little bit to bring the tyres up to temperature at the start of Race 3, but overall I'm really happy: our pace is actually there now.
"The pace in Race 3 was mega. I managed to keep Rob Collard — a BTCC race winner — behind me for a few laps, which was really encouraging, and showed how we've improved our pace. That was a nice feeling.
"I flat-spotted the tyres on Lap 1, so I was driving with a flat-spot the whole race. It was getting worse and worse, so I was happy it lasted to the end.
"We've now established a new baseline for future development. This weekend has been massive for us, and begins to show the true potential of the car.
"It's been our best race weekend so far this season, and our pace is there. We're hanging on in there now with the midfield, so yeh, let's move further forward."
*Support Our Paras Racing is back in action on June 27/28 at Croft.
Just incase you wondered he finished 22nd/25 finishers in R1, 20th/26 in R2 and 19th/22 in R3. Although after reading that I can't help but feel a Championship challenge is imminent
Old 9 Jun 2015, 10:52 (Ref:3546435)   #43
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tbf at least someone in that team is doing a credible job. And of course I'm talking about the PR person.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 11:12 (Ref:3546441)   #44
Frosty11
Rookie

Frosty11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
It was a fairly standard Oulton weekend, nice weather, average racing and Paul O'Neill telling us how good a track it is for drivers. Just catching up on the support series races and I thought they were pretty entertaining, especially the Clios!

Delighted for Dan and the team scoring their first point since 2013, and first with the engine. Dan's a very talented driver and hopefully now will get a chance to once again prove himself at the correct end of the field. They were never going to win the teams championship so points deductions there mean nothing in the long run.

Been very disappointed with RAR this year, all the pre-season talk about being the most prepared ever yet both have been very far down a field that's smaller and has less quality in it that last year. Very disappointing.

On the other hand Martin Depper has impressed me hugely, he's came on leaps and bounds this year in what's becoming a fairly old car.

I think it's Plato's Championship to lose now, a dominant and controlled weekends racing. Pleased for Tordoff scoring his first WSR win, he's a future champion in my eyes.

On wards to Croft, the first round I'll be able to attend live this year (problems with living in the middle of nowhere up north!) Cannot wait!
Very pleased for Dan Welch. This season so far has been utter hell for his team and I think this was his first proper round of racing. Hopefully they can make further progress up the field.

Also happy for Tordoff as I had him down as a dark horse for this years championship. However the rule changes have hampered the BMW this year.

I agree with you about Plato, he has the best car, it carries the weight very well and of course he's quick. It's his to lose definitely.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 11:33 (Ref:3546452)   #45
S griffin
Veteran

It's still too early in the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Honda dominate a meeting or two.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 09:44 (Ref:3546784)   #46
btccexpert
Rookie

btccexpert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It's still too early in the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Honda dominate a meeting or two.
i think team bmr will be fighting for the championsip at brands later this year.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 10:02 (Ref:3546790)   #47
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While I'm not a fan of his antics Plato really is something else in that Passat.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 10:39 (Ref:3546802)   #48
S griffin
Veteran

I reckon it will be between two VWs, two Hondas and one MG. Morgan is still only a dark horse ATM