Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Dec 2009, 23:47 (Ref:2594267)   #26
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So did Dave Pinkney build that car or was it ex- VLM ? This could win a trivia challenge one day mtpanorama ?

I could ask Paul but he might set his big guard dog onto me
Old 18 Mar 2010, 04:17 (Ref:2654667)   #27
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
16 years for Richard Buttrose.
Old 18 Mar 2010, 05:01 (Ref:2654675)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Article Here

Article Here Too
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Nov 2010, 22:35 (Ref:2796237)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More developments...

No wonder Mr Buttrose ran with MoPro for so long if, as suggested by the article, he was bankrolling them
Old 29 Nov 2010, 02:41 (Ref:2796986)   #30
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post

I am pretty sure that the Paul Pickett Bimmer was one of these. There weren't many 2 door 318 supertourers ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog View Post
Tim Harvey Championship Winning Listerine (?) car?

Yes one in the same...... and even more of a coincidence, the current owner of the BMW bought the dry break fuel system which was fitted in the Hyundai Lantra Paul drove from me as it was missing from the BMW when the current owner bought it.....

Small world huh!
Old 10 Mar 2011, 00:02 (Ref:2843111)   #31
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3 years off his minimum sentence i heard on the radio today.
Old 10 Mar 2011, 00:10 (Ref:2843118)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Story Here
Old 10 Mar 2011, 02:50 (Ref:2843158)   #33
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting line at the bottom: The appeal court also noted that Buttrose had prospects of rehabilitation and had given assistance to authorities.

Thought as much. Word from prosecutors to appeal judges that he's been helpful, they reduce his sentence claiming errors from trial judge.

Interesting if he survives long enough to be released.
Old 2 May 2011, 08:11 (Ref:2872762)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its not just here...
Old 4 May 2011, 04:58 (Ref:2873835)   #35
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Different powder, I hope.
It does bring a new meaning to the well used phrase Just got to 'powder my nose'......
Old 4 May 2011, 05:04 (Ref:2873836)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
It does bring a new meaning to the well used phrase Just got to 'powder my nose'......
How do you think the 'powder room' is funded
Old 4 May 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2874000)   #37
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
simply amazing how no charges filed, everyone walks away. I bet Schapelle wishes she went to the UK instead of Bali?
Old 4 May 2011, 16:31 (Ref:2874057)   #38
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
How do you think the 'powder room' is funded
Well it seems like they are spending more than a penny!
Old 18 Jul 2011, 05:48 (Ref:2927935)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Another Issue At Eastern Creek??

If you google the person's name, on some other forums he seems to have had a number of issues with other racing competitors

Old 18 Jul 2011, 06:07 (Ref:2927939)   #40
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Another Issue At Eastern Creek??

If you google the person's name, on some other forums he seems to have had a number of issues with other racing competitors

Been chased for a while, great to see the police have finally moved on him.

A number of issues indeed........
Old 18 Jul 2011, 07:02 (Ref:2927952)   #41
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Remember reading and hearing about this particular individuals "modus operandi" a couple of years ago where he allegedly liked to take the money up front, but not complete the work on customers vehicles.
Seems like he has another string to his bow........allegedly.
Old 18 Jul 2011, 07:32 (Ref:2927958)   #42
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Another customer was told his car wasnt ready for the weekend but turned up to a local track to find someone driving his supposedly unfinished racecar-allegedly of course. Etc etc. Hopefully justice takes its course and this guy gets his just desserts.
Old 18 Jul 2011, 08:21 (Ref:2927976)   #43
MarioNZ
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
MarioNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, a quick Google seems to bring up a list of people not so happy about this bloke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwgmZBDgQYY

Hope he doesn't cause any more harm to Aussie racing folk
Old 18 Jul 2011, 09:18 (Ref:2927990)   #44
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviuosly White Line Racing, and Rip U Off Motors are doing well in the Sydney Racing scene.

But knowing our judiciral system, they will be back in business next week.
Old 18 Jul 2011, 11:57 (Ref:2928067)   #45
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ha couldn't handle the truth. Thats a good video.
Old 18 Jul 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3107899)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Another big name allegedly in trouble with the law Here
Old 18 Jul 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3107904)   #47
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Other moments of idiocy include a written-off 350Z top shelf drift car, belonging to someone else, and apparently lifting a laptop, also belonging to someone else, on the same trip to the USA a few years back.
Old 18 Jul 2012, 10:20 (Ref:3107913)   #48
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well there goes all the gap fillers at Bathurst, guess i will just have to go merchandise shopping
Old 18 Jul 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3107922)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting that the original link has now detonated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Story
Drift car champion Robbie Bolger extradited to South Australia on money laundering charge

THE "godfather of Motorsport entertainment in Australia" has been extradited to South Australia accused of money laundering.

Robin "Robbie" Gerald Bolger, 40, of Cornubia faced the Brisbane Magistrates Court today after he was arrested on an SA warrant of apprehension.

Police allege he knowingly engaged in money laundering at Elizabeth between January 2010 and December last year.

The court heard he had also been charged with being a public nuisance and driving under a suspension in Queensland, but police dropped those charges today.

Prosecutor Sergeant Paul Hodge did not oppose his bail after Bolger agreed to present himself to the Elizabeth Magistrates Court in South Australia on August 22.

SA police were in court for his appearance today but Bolger was not required to go with them.

Police did not seek any conditions on bail and he was released to reappear in court next month.

A Facebook page for Bolger says the Irishman now calls Queensland home, enjoying the tropical climate and laid back lifestyle.

The 44-year-old appeared in a Yamaha television commercial and was the 2007 Drift Australia champion.
From Here ... if it lasts...
Old 18 Jul 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3107926)   #50
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are some sites already suggesting that he may be linked to the theft of $2.5million worth of engines and transmissions from Holden's Elizabeth plant.