Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 13 Sep 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2539504)   #26
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Hulkenberg is the champion, then

And a great win for Razia and Coloni after the events of Spa

How do you pronounce Valsecchi btw? MH pronounces it Val-setchi but Crofty pronounced it Val-secky (which I thought was the right way)
I don't think either Haven or Crofty are the best at pronouncing drivers names correctly but Haven does seem to put a lot more effort into learning the correct pronounciation. Crofty still says Ku-beet-za for crying out loud!!
Old 13 Sep 2009, 10:58 (Ref:2539507)   #27
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I'd go with Val-secky personally.....

Pretty good race, shame we didnt get a better look at the Clos rollover, must have dug into the gravel.

Glad Nico wrapped up the title, Portimao will be a bit of a free for all now. Or maybe Nico will relax and end up dominating it....
Old 13 Sep 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2539519)   #28
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Croft is right. Haven isn't very good with Italian names, actually - he keeps saying Fill-ipi instead of Fileepi, for example.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 14:18 (Ref:2539661)   #29
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Shame for Perez. He stopped during the SC robbing us of any potential repeat of his F3 perfromance last year.

Anyone know the fault?

His teammate Mortara once again drove a tad 'bone headedly'

Banging wheels with someone (Van de Garde) who'd just taken a position from you into the first chicane is a sure fire way of ruining your own race, not just the other drivers. Getting a bit worried about this guy, I am convinced he is quick and has lots of promise, but his driving is bordering on dangerous....

Congrats to Hulkenberg though. What a class driver, head and shoulders above the rest this season, when I really thought he would need two years in it...
Old 13 Sep 2009, 14:36 (Ref:2539678)   #30
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Crofty still says Ku-beet-za for crying out loud!!
But that's right, isn't it?
Old 13 Sep 2009, 17:52 (Ref:2539843)   #31
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
But that's right, isn't it?
Ku-bit-za is correct. He replaces the i sound with an e sound which is incorrect
Old 13 Sep 2009, 17:59 (Ref:2539845)   #32
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Good, so now for some discussion on the racing..........
Old 13 Sep 2009, 20:14 (Ref:2539918)   #33
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Ku-bit-za is correct. He replaces the i sound with an e sound which is incorrect
Pfft, closer than Murray - he still says "Kubicha"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Good, so now for some discussion on the racing..........
I didn't see the sprint, but the feature was very good. The first GP2 race I've seen all year, as it happens, but it impressed me. Best race I've seen with the new generation car

Hulkenberg seemed a bit cautious in the wet. Potential Achilles heel in F1 in the future to keep an eye on, I reckon
Old 13 Sep 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2539956)   #34
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a proposal for the BBC next year. I hope they show the support races, espacially GP2, on something like BBC or the Red Button. If the BBC can show the 125cc and 250cc races on the RB for MotoGP, surely they can as well for the F1 supports? Or is there an isue with FOM? I'd presume using the airtime they have for the F1 Forum, they could at least show highlights/summaries for the races.

I've really missed my fix of GP2 this year. Before it was okay on ITV when they showed it on ITV4 I believe, but since I can't get MotorsTV or Eurosport or whatever it has been shown on this year (can't recall) and JustinTV not working for me (never works for me, I believe it is to do with my firewall, and anyway, I am inclined to sue Justin as it is, along with Ustream, technically illegal.) I've had to read the reports in AUTOSPORT and on the GP2 site. Very disappointing. Hopefully somebody from the Beeb sees this and my dreams come true for 2010.

Anyway, congrats to Hulkenberg, he was the class of the field all year, and it will be very interesting to see where he goes in 2010 (presumably Williams) along with some of his class mates of course.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 23:31 (Ref:2540078)   #35
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Nico Hulkenberg on winning the GP2 title

Congrats also to Luiz Razia for the race 2 win - thats great for the Euro 3000 Series...
Old 14 Sep 2009, 00:10 (Ref:2540099)   #36
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
and very fortunate for razia too - with the greatest of respect he's been struggling at the back for many of the races this season.