Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Sep 2013, 10:33 (Ref:3308091)   #1
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Forgotten Historic Race Meeting, HSCC, Brands Hatch, Sat 28 Sept 2013

The September HSCC one day "clubbie" type event on the Indy Circuit at Brands Hatch has been an annual event for many a long year, but fails regularly to get a mention here as in it's own thread. Indeed, it is not even shown in the calendar at the top of the Historic main page. OK, it's not a Superprix or a Gold Cup, and certainly will not be packed wall to wall with "hooray henry types", but is none the worse for that. I'll be there helping signing in the marshals and then in the safety car. Looking forward to a great day, and hopefully drier than last year's meeting. Come and say hello.

Last edited by John Turner; 25 Sep 2013 at 15:53. Reason: correcting senior errors
Old 23 Sep 2013, 10:44 (Ref:3308098)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it fell foul of the calendar changes early in the season. Certainly I didn't leave it off on purpose. IIRC there was some doubt about the exact date. Anyway you've reminded us now.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 22:27 (Ref:3308403)   #3
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've put in a (very) late entry for the S type in HTC. It hasn't turned a wheel since last October so there will be a few late nights this week, just fancied a run out in something.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 01:44 (Ref:3308503)   #4
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
I've put in a (very) late entry for the S type in HTC. It hasn't turned a wheel since last October so there will be a few late nights this week, just fancied a run out in something.
Good for you Colin, see you in the paddock?
Old 24 Sep 2013, 07:06 (Ref:3308580)   #5
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Brands - the antidote to Goodwood ... I will be there in Historic Road Sports, with the Chev Camaro. I had the good luck to meet Simon Lane with his Chev racer at Spa this last weekend - a well-developed car. Also out in Class A (engines over 3 litres) is Adam Simmonds in a Mustang, a car-and-driver combo I have not raced against before. Is he a TenTenther ?
Nick
Old 24 Sep 2013, 07:45 (Ref:3308597)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I might just fly back to see this !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Sep 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3308787)   #7
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chigley, see you there! I'll be loitering within panic distance of Delta personnel although this is purely a privateer venture

Nick, I raced against Adam Simmonds at Dijon a couple of years ago, his Mustang was well matched to the S-type. What I lacked in power he lacked in brakes and I think the score was one-all at the end of the weekend. Nice guy but not a tenther afaik.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 15:41 (Ref:3308798)   #8
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I might nip down in the afternoon to take a look.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 21:27 (Ref:3308920)   #9
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's in the calendar, the HSCC after the Mini Tour Britannia.

Always an enjoyable meeting - and now Colin makes 25 Touring Cars - it's going to be busy out there and there might be some damp to add to the entertainment....
Old 24 Sep 2013, 22:17 (Ref:3308947)   #10
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonb87 View Post
It's in the calendar, the HSCC after the Mini Tour Britannia.

Always an enjoyable meeting - and now Colin makes 25 Touring Cars - it's going to be busy out there and there might be some damp to add to the entertainment....

As long as it isn't as damp as last year's meeting ....
Old 26 Sep 2013, 19:28 (Ref:3309735)   #11
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of my favourite meetings of the year, weather forecast looks good(dry). Me and the rest of the old farts South Bank club will be there as usual swelling the spectator numbers
Old 27 Sep 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3310148)   #12
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Flight booked for tonight I'll bring the sun with me !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Sep 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3310165)   #13
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Quote:
Flight booked for tonight I'll bring the sun with me !
Gordon where will you be loitering at lunch time, I'd like to meet you.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 19:23 (Ref:3310187)   #14
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Possibly around Hailwoods/Paddock bend area I'm easy to spot even with clothes on
Old 27 Sep 2013, 20:43 (Ref:3310218)   #15
Cookie2000
Rookie

England
England
Cookie2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Chigley.. where will you be? I'd like to meet you!
Old 27 Sep 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3310242)   #16
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Well, car dusted off, van full of bits I'd forgotten I had and the only decision left is 2 year old M's with no tread or 4 year old unused L's. I think I'll sleep on it for now.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3310254)   #17
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
I sign on in Hailwoods from 7:00 then a good hearty cholesterol attack before venturing out into the paddock. I don't know which post I'll be on but easily identified by my scruffy beard c/o Heightswitch's pics here
As we are using the Indy circuit I'll be loitering round the paddock and/or pit garages during lunch (if any!) and touching base with Colin M.

Ian
Old 29 Sep 2013, 07:11 (Ref:3310610)   #18
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, quite a good spectator turnout for an archetypical club meeting, the grids were reasonable(15 to 25 cars or so), the Paddock was not overcrowded and there was some good racing.

I can't recall a meeting recently that started 10 minutes before scheduled time and kept ahead of time most of the day - very well organised by HSCC and great work from the Marshalls clearing The Fallen after each race.

Needless to say, with a dry forecast for Brands, the local micro-climate converted that into showers - just in time for our Historic Road Sports race. Even so,managed to keep ahead of Adam Simmonds in his Mustang - the Camaro being surprisingly well-behaved in the greasy conditions. I packed up and left at 4pm so did not see the Historic Touring Car race .... how did it go, Colin ?
Nick
Old 29 Sep 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3310660)   #19
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Disappointed with the car's handling which I will put down to the tyres rather than the driver as per previously lodged excuse list. 3 secs off best pace but talking to others even when dry (which it was for most of the day) it was slippery. 2 half crown/thrupenny bit moments with spinning cars in practice and race, either of which could have ended the season for all involved so lucky to come home intact, although there are some mysterious marks on the rear bumper which weren't there before! Safety car gave me a second bite at the faster pack in front but didn't get the timing right and they got away again then had to keep an Anglia at bay until the flag.

Paddock chat afterwards suggests driving standards weren't all they should be with several bruised cars.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3310672)   #20
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post

Paddock chat afterwards suggests driving standards weren't all they should be with several bruised cars.
From standing at Paddock hill it didn't look too bad apart from the BMW that spun, everyone managed to avoid it, but then he drove straight into the kitty litter and got stuck hence the safety car. Yellow Anglia had a major sideways moment but it turns out he went from 3rd to second instead of 4th. All in all it was a good race and I enjoyed watching the (sick sounding) Triumph 2000.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3310721)   #21
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From where i was sitting it seemed most of the problems stemmed from back markers who were being lapped thinking they were "racing " the front-runners.
I saw the blue flags being waved,why didn't they??

Apart from that i enjoyed it.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 15:09 (Ref:3310724)   #22
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Richard's Triumph was fresh from yet another engine rebuild so he wasn't happy before the race, and less happy after having had a thump
Old 29 Sep 2013, 16:46 (Ref:3310744)   #23
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Hi guys, a good day with lots of entertaining racing. From my position most were well behaved I only had to call in a few misdemeanors for 4 wheels off at the bottom of graham hill bend. Prime culprits the touring cars!!! one received a black and white warning. Two bits of contact I saw were attributable as racing incidents but could have been avoided.
Gordon I looked round for you at lunchtime but the closest I got to anyone matching your "profile" was in Hailwoods eating lunch so I didn't disturb him/you.
Next meeting the WHT, lets hope we don't need last years snorkel and flippers, plastic duck racing is fun but not quite top of the bill.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 17:49 (Ref:3310771)   #24
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Gordon I looked round for you at lunchtime but the closest I got to anyone matching your "profile" was in Hailwoods eating lunch so I didn't disturb him/you.
Yes that was me, I was the one wearing a flowery hat and a mini skirt !
Only joking, you should have come over I don't bite
Old 29 Sep 2013, 20:26 (Ref:3310813)   #25
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least not often Gordon.
Good to see you again yesterday.

A big thanks to Alan for my mandatory cuppa of delta tea.
Shame I hadn't time to look more people up, short lunch break and so.

Nice day overall, some very good racing.