Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Classic Cars

Old 12 Apr 2007, 13:54 (Ref:1889731)   #26
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My father and I have an 1964 MG B Roadster which he turned into a race car in mid 80's. He has since retired to help out in running the events. I have taken over driving the car in Sprints and Hillclimbs until I can afford to go racing.

I also help a mate out who has been racing his MG B GT (4 cylinder) for the last 2 1/2 years and developing that. (The white GT)

Just while im on the racing thing over here in MG Racing Victoria there is an 'open' class which allows a lot of modifications and here is the current fastest car and quite possibly on of if not the most winningest (not many words to say that) B V8 Roadster in the world...He has currently gone in pursuit of a 'Marque Sports Car championship against Porsche GT2/3's, Ferrari 360 GT and those sort of cars...so its sprouted big wings)

Last edited by Bullett; 12 Apr 2007 at 14:01.
Old 17 May 2008, 02:13 (Ref:2204488)   #27
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875
Looks great John, I really like the B/C GT's. And for less-than-frantic driving I suppose the C would be eminently suitable. I understand the "problem" with the C was not weight distribution / front heaviness, but rather a high polar moment of inertia - ie reluctance to change direction. Does that sound right?
the "issue" of that time can all be corrected with some of the current performance parts: quick steering rack, uprated torsion bars, and modern tires (properly inflate, of course). I own one of these gems and a 74 RWA Midget