Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 May 2011, 07:07 (Ref:2881460)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wouldnt think a list is appropriate just yet... individual driver moves seem to be interesting because they all need to land somewhere just to keep the petrol in their Learjets...

But with the $4m soon to be burning a hole in various team owners' pockets, it may not be beyond the realms of possibility that it is now time to cash out of the sport for some teams and individuals...

Especially when the REC income to teams effectively halves next season under the new ownership...

We shall see...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 May 2011, 11:43 (Ref:2881586)   #27
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes but they might need the extra 4 mill to see them through extra rounds...
Old 17 May 2011, 23:55 (Ref:2881908)   #28
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or teams with cash might not need pay drivers for a season or 2, increasing performance, thus increasing exposure, thus increasing sponsorship, thus increasing funding...
Old 18 May 2011, 09:14 (Ref:2882032)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
... or they may just have ordered that new boat...
Old 18 May 2011, 11:49 (Ref:2882091)   #30
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
or teams with cash might not need pay drivers for a season or 2, increasing performance, thus increasing exposure, thus increasing sponsorship, thus increasing funding...
Good point, but are there any true level 1 V8 drivers out there without a gig because they cant bring any money with them, or more to the point, would be marketable enough over a period of 3 years or so to cover the team until the REC income improves or the current windfall dries up?

Im interested in the issue of who may cash in their chips (Larry, Brighty,Charlie) or who may be waiting to buy back in (Cruickshank) or buy another REC (Webb, Fiore).
Old 18 May 2011, 20:02 (Ref:2882306)   #31
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about a list (woops, theres that word!). How about a post containing the names of drivers who are definitely out of contract at years end?
Old 19 May 2011, 06:14 (Ref:2882463)   #32
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Garth TANDER to Kelly Racing in 2012 replace Todd Kelly?
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 19 May 2011, 07:14 (Ref:2882480)   #33
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Garth TANDER to Kelly Racing in 2012 replace Todd Kelly?
I can't see GT taking a massive step back both in the car he'd be driving & the pay cut he'd no doubt have to take if he went from HRT to KR.

I guess it really depends how loyal to Holden GT is (assuming he doesn't sign again with HRT, which I still think is pretty likely with his current performance) but if he does leave I wonder if he'd go to a team like SBR? Alex Davison's contract is up for renewal this year and SBR is probably just as capable (if not more capable) than FPR of getting a championship win.

Anyway, I'll take the dangerous step of posting a list of cars that definitely have contracts that expire this year:

#2 - Garth Tander
#4 - Alex Davison
#33 - Lee Holdsworth
#39 - Russell Ingall
#55 - Paul Dumbrell

Any others that are definitely open?

The next few are ones that I'd guess will be open but I haven't read when the contracts expire etc.

#7 - Todd Kelly (Said he'd retire this year if he doesn't do well, it hasn't been a great start....)
#11 - Greg Murphy (I'm assuming KR only has a one year contract?)
#16 - David Reynolds (Same reasoning as above)

#49 - Steve Owen (I can't imagine PMM having more than a 1 year contract there)

I can't think of any other REC's that are likely to be free?
Old 19 May 2011, 07:32 (Ref:2882491)   #34
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
would at least one spot at BJR and maybe 3 be up for grans as well?

is slade locked in for another year also?

and moff, was he a multi year contract?
Old 19 May 2011, 08:15 (Ref:2882503)   #35
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only 2 teams worth moving to for Tander. T8 or FPR. FPR would be a big risk. But maybe Tander could be the one to help FPR get their **** together.
Old 19 May 2011, 09:17 (Ref:2882517)   #36
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyinsthoz View Post
Only 2 teams worth moving to for Tander. T8 or FPR. FPR would be a big risk. But maybe Tander could be the one to help FPR get their **** together.
I wouldn't discount Stone Brothers, maybe Garth is what they need, plus he would be able to aasist in further development of the Gis. SBR with two cars back at the pointy end of the pack.
Old 19 May 2011, 10:07 (Ref:2882535)   #37
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Im sorry, i cant barrack for Garth in a ford, anyone who drove as the lead driver for Holden for so many years will struggle to get my support, Never really warmed to lowndes and he has heaps more to like

Last edited by peckstar; 19 May 2011 at 10:12.
Old 19 May 2011, 10:23 (Ref:2882542)   #38
Smokey Retirement
Racer

Australia
Pit Lane
Smokey Retirement should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As was mentioned above, if GT would have to take a pay cut to got to KR, then surely he'd be getting one if he was to go to SBR. Cant see SBR being more flush with cash than the Kellys. Im pretty confident that Jack pays more sponsor dollars than SP or Irwin.

If GT was to leave, and some of the supposed rumours of some team owners taking the money and running comes true, I can see TanderSport getting a look in...
Old 19 May 2011, 12:46 (Ref:2882611)   #39
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any takers for Alex to the BottleO car (join up the brothers) and then see SBR blood Scott McLaughlin in the #4? Seems they took on the Giz early and I reckon Scott will be a good buy for the long haul. Would also compliment Giz and Slade as a group of young up and comers.

While Giz and Slade are getting good results and showing enthusiasm, a younger guy just needs miles in the category, enough to see him ready to fly when COTF comes in. I dont see them trying to develop the hell out of the current chassis anymore.

GT would never drive a Ford, I see Reynolds stepping up to the #7 and a then the Kellys putting David Sera into the Stratco car next year. Money isnt the issue, he is young and marketable and jumping into the aussies this weekend, so they may as well also get some miles under his belt while they can.
Old 19 May 2011, 23:49 (Ref:2882885)   #40
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
isn't Moff only on a single year contract?
Old 20 May 2011, 00:25 (Ref:2882891)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
At the risk of starting a list..

Drivers with a deal finishing this year (not withstanding any contractual options the team or the driver may have...)

#2 G.Tander
#4 A.Davison
#8 J.Bright
#11 G.Murphy
#14 J.Bargwanna
#16 D.Reynolds
#18 J.Moffat
#21 K.Reindler
#30 W.Luff
#34 M.Caruso
#39 R.Ingall
#47 T.Slade
#49 S.Owen
#55 P.Dumbrell (If he stops his seat will be vacant..)
#61 F.Coulthard

Thats a goodly proportion of the field who might move around somewhere new and interesting. You might be game in doing this before COTF.. and before the ownership of a few RECs isnt known.

What is also interesting might be sponsorships up at the end of the year.

#4 Irwin Tools
#18 Norton
#33 & #34 Fujitsu

Any others?
Old 20 May 2011, 01:42 (Ref:2882911)   #42
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Any others?
Lethal

prediction for this thread is to be a massive one, given the number of potential movements this year compared to last, and the 2011 thread has passed 1400 posts!

many comment whether GT will move to somewhere that gives him as good a car and monetary benefits. you are assuming he has the choice of staying
Old 20 May 2011, 01:50 (Ref:2882916)   #43
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
many comment whether GT will move to somewhere that gives him as good a car and monetary benefits. you are assuming he has the choice of staying
Surely HRT wouldn't be stupid enough not to want to re-employ GT when he's miles ahead of their million dollar baby and actually looks like he could challenge for the championship this year?
Old 20 May 2011, 02:37 (Ref:2882920)   #44
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Ohope View Post
Surely HRT wouldn't be stupid enough not to want to re-employ GT when he's miles ahead of their million dollar baby and actually looks like he could challenge for the championship this year?
true, was just an observation
Old 20 May 2011, 02:55 (Ref:2882922)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Lethal
Didnt Mr Rogers extend Mr Holdsworth's deal to the end of 2012?
Old 20 May 2011, 05:01 (Ref:2882935)   #46
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Didnt Mr Rogers extend Mr Holdsworth's deal to the end of 2012?
not as of 2 weeks ago...

http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2011/05/...riving-future/
Old 20 May 2011, 06:52 (Ref:2882949)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Oakely Doakely... time to retune the non-list...

Drivers with a deal finishing this year (not withstanding any contractual options the team or the driver may have...)

#2 G.Tander
#4 A.Davison
#8 J.Bright
#11 G.Murphy
#14 J.Bargwanna
#16 D.Reynolds
#18 J.Moffat
#21 K.Reindler
#30 W.Luff
#33 L.Holdsworth
#34 M.Caruso
#39 R.Ingall
#47 T.Slade
#49 S.Owen
#61 F.Coulthard

Sponsors Up For Renewal

#4 Irwin Tools
#11 Pepsi Max
#18 Norton
#33 & #34 Fujitsu

Any other adjustments?
Old 20 May 2011, 07:52 (Ref:2882969)   #48
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How sure are we of #16's Stratco sponsorship?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 20 May 2011, 22:30 (Ref:2883297)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Supercheap Out of Contract this year!

Where to for the Ingall/SuperCheap Package?
Old 20 May 2011, 22:32 (Ref:2883298)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Drivers Needing 2012 deals

#2 G.Tander
#4 A.Davison
#8 J.Bright
#11 G.Murphy
#14 J.Bargwanna
#16 D.Reynolds
#18 J.Moffat
#21 K.Reindler
#30 W.Luff
#33 L.Holdsworth
#34 M.Caruso
#39 R.Ingall
#47 T.Slade
#49 S.Owen
#61 F.Coulthard

Sponsors Up For Renewal

#4 Irwin Tools
#11 Pepsi Max
#16 Stratco
#18 Norton
#33 & #34 Fujitsu
#39 SuperCheap Auto

Any other adjustments?