Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Mar 2004, 23:01 (Ref:891866)   #26
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to clear something up the AGP was by invite and he was invited but as GTR has said the cars not ready so he said no.

The Grumpy1
Old 2 Mar 2004, 23:48 (Ref:891906)   #27
lcfp2297
Racer

Australia
lcfp2297 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to The Avesco Operations Manual Eligible cars for the VCS are AU, BA, VX and VY's. Next year will see only BA and VY's.

Cheers
Old 3 Mar 2004, 07:49 (Ref:892090)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tasman is still building their VY. If we see it this side of mid season I will be amazed....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Mar 2004, 07:59 (Ref:892099)   #29
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But when will the HMS engine appear in it.
If HRT have been still unable to build a "from scratch" full VY yet they surely won't have time to build a few of the new donks for Murf's ol man

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 3 Mar 2004, 11:57 (Ref:892254)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In AA, they are claiming the VX Jason Richards will use is the older of the 2 LRT cars, as run by David Krause at Eastern Creek last year. This doesnt have the absolute latest spec bits on it... unless it was updated... and the team has claimed in the same press coverage that an HMS engine is aboard....
Old 3 Mar 2004, 12:08 (Ref:892275)   #31
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read that also but I do not think it right,
Old 3 Mar 2004, 12:40 (Ref:892300)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I understood they had taken a deposit/agreed to terms to sell one of their 2 cars... maybe they got rid of the least bad one, with the view the VY was closer to ready than it ultimately proved to be...
Old 4 Mar 2004, 04:43 (Ref:893127)   #33
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LRT/Tasman VX

The car Dave drove at the Main Event is the same one that JR is driving this weekend, it has many thousand less KM on the clock as it was used very infrequently last year. Test miles for Timmy mainly, and usually with an engine with a fair ammount of KM aboard.

All the good gear was swapped over from Cam's (newer, more raced, more KMs) car to Flipper (nick named after its early life as a crash test dummy car) over the break. No one has been forthcoming enough to hand over the right ammount of cash as yet.

HRT engine fitted and fired last week and tested at Oran on Monday prior to transporting to Melb. Starter motor causing minor dramas.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 05:22 (Ref:893149)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Both LRT cars have had a fairly major hit at some stage of their careers. A question of the least bad as opposed to most good methinks.

And there have been tyrekickers around to look at the LRT car, but with so many Perkins cars coming out of the woodwork, buyers seem to be choosing other options....
Old 4 Mar 2004, 09:32 (Ref:893284)   #35
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interestingly, Ford won't have an AU Falcons in the 2004 V8SCS...not a bad effort really!
Old 4 Mar 2004, 09:46 (Ref:893299)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Never say never... there are some teams that dont have a spare BA right about now...
Old 4 Mar 2004, 10:07 (Ref:893316)   #37
oziengineer
Racer

oziengineer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blueprints i think. It's good to see them being fazed out, i think the only vxs left are tasman and one castrol.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 10:10 (Ref:893319)   #38
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is Speedy not at the GP?

Is he not their because of the invite thing? Or is he still in NZ?
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 4 Mar 2004, 10:14 (Ref:893325)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Not technically correct.

The 2 PWR cars, the 2 KKRT cars, the Brede Dynamik car, the Dumbrell Castrol car, the Tasman car all began life as VTs or VXs...

The VX will never die, it will just get new hanging panels...
Old 4 Mar 2004, 10:16 (Ref:893328)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The AU is for sale, the BA isnt finished.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 13:11 (Ref:893466)   #41
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what Ive Heard the BA is only days off completion and will be ready for Adelaide.

Shame Thexto isnt at GP he might have been able to skite that he qualified better than Lowndes and Seton !!! Then who didint unfortunately