Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 26 Jan 2009, 23:07 (Ref:2380021)   #26
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
In the pit lane, Cheshire
pit bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or you could try the way i hire my trailer, I just approached a local tralier hire place and said if I advertise your trailers on my car what discount will you give me currantly I get 50% discount and 9 times out of 10 I get the trailer for 2 days and he only charges me for 1 day still at 50%.
Oh and he charges me £30 per day (result)

Some say he spent it on fags, some say he exchanged it for a traffic light air freshner for his race car. all we know is he's called PIT BULL! :)[/QUOTE]
Old 26 Jan 2009, 23:49 (Ref:2380040)   #27
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The best thing that I ever brought was my Dastle race box. Fitted with a roll out side awning/sink/electrics . Also of course you have somewhere to keep the car, as long as you have got a secure place to keep it all !
I've had this one for about 12 years or so and its still worth a bob or two.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Jan 2009, 05:16 (Ref:2380207)   #28
wheadon
Racer

England
Carlisle/Newcastle
wheadon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We can't afford a fancy trailer but we really want a box shuttle so we're thinking or building one up. There are quite a few twin axle caravan chassis for sale on ebay at a reasonable price!
Old 27 Jan 2009, 13:00 (Ref:2380522)   #29
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
The best thing that I ever brought was my Dastle race box. Fitted with a roll out side awning/sink/electrics . Also of course you have somewhere to keep the car, as long as you have got a secure place to keep it all !
I've had this one for about 12 years or so and its still worth a bob or two.
Does keeping the car on the trailer do the suspension units in? I wanted to do this to get a bit more space in my yard and a mate of mine warned me against it.

BTW on my Brian James Tri Axle trailer there is a full canopy available dunno how much it is probably a fortune but at least it is available if you wanted a covered trailer.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2380846)   #30
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Does keeping the car on the trailer do the suspension units in? I wanted to do this to get a bit more space in my yard and a mate of mine warned me against it.

The guy that had it before me kept a Fastback Mustang in it.
I haven't noticed any difference in ride height over the years and apart from a few tyres perishing rather than wearing out, I haven't had any trouble at all.
But in the grand scheme of things they don't travel a great amount of mileage in a year.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Jan 2009, 20:04 (Ref:2380933)   #31
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheadon
The Dassle race Box starts at £7,995 including vat and I haven't seen any about for sale?
But you aren't buying new sothat doesn't count. I saw a few for sale last summer for around £3K, I'd buy one myself but the one I want is 26ft long and my drive is only 20ft.
Old 28 Jan 2009, 17:13 (Ref:2381543)   #32
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Why not modify caravan legs onto it or put 4x bottle jacks at each corner, when it is loaded..

Some say he spent it on fags, some say he exchanged it for a traffic light air freshner for his race car. all we know is he's called PIT BULL! :)[/QUOTE]
Old 28 Jan 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2381544)   #33
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
But you aren't buying new sothat doesn't count. I saw a few for sale last summer for around £3K, I'd buy one myself but the one I want is 26ft long and my drive is only 20ft.
Buy the 6' of pavement from the council outside you house, problem solved

Old 30 Jan 2009, 14:07 (Ref:2382678)   #34
minifox
Racer

England
milton keynes
minifox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why not hire someone like stradale corsa? pick you and your kit up and drop you at the race weekend/test day. and then collect you at the end?
http://www.stradalecorsa.com
Old 30 Jan 2009, 14:29 (Ref:2382692)   #35
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I wonder if they do the artic on a self drive basis.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 21:17 (Ref:2521592)   #36
Kalvin
Rookie

Kalvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can indeed hire a car transporter on a daily rental basis. It costs £80.00 a day and a small fee of £0.10 per mile for the distance you travel. www.sterlingauto.co.uk
Old 15 Aug 2009, 08:56 (Ref:2521734)   #37
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Dom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm hiring this season while i save for a new brian james job. it's costing me about £70 per weekend.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 09:14 (Ref:2521742)   #38
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say that was a bargain.
Old 14 Apr 2011, 16:14 (Ref:2863340)   #39
Park Lane Self Drive
Rookie

Park Lane Self Drive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Self Drive Car Transporter HIre

Hi mate, just replying to your question about car transporter hire.
We hire 3.5t beaver tail transporters out at £90 a day. Any longer term can be negotiated.. Get in touch if you ever need one and i'll sort one for you. FYI they carry upto 1500 kg (kerb weight) and can be driven on any full uk licence as they are just vans......