Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 May 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2700524)   #251
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
At halfway through the Laguna replay on CBS, I am VERY impressed and hope the ALMS uses these guys again. It doesn't look like they have missed a thing so far and is actually a GREAT introduction to everything that goes into sportscar racing. I hope the ALMS makes use of their services to make a 2010 recap film, would be well worth almost any price.
Yeah their work has really exceeded my expectations. If ALMS ever has to tape delay their races again, the way they put it together for this race should be employed for future races. The hardcore fans got to see the race in its entirety with RLM commentary, while ALMS gets some well produced network publicity to gain more of those fans. It seems like Intersport didn't miss a beat with the production of this one. Thumbs up to everyone who put this together!
Old 29 May 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2700615)   #252
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The same broadcast format is to be used for the other CBS-covered race: Mid Ohio.
Old 29 May 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2700624)   #253
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought it was also pretty good. I was a bit confused at times, it was like watching a documentary on a race that happened years ago. I think it was geared towards the casual or first time viewer, and in that aspect I think they succeeded.

I also thought it was interesting that they focused on the LMP and GT classes and didn't really say much about the challenge classes.
Old 30 May 2010, 01:25 (Ref:2700655)   #254
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I missed the intro so I didn't see how they introduced the classes but it was definitely geared toward building a fan base but actually had the build-up of the real events. Just really wish the ALMS could have worked something out with CBS to link this coverage with LM in 2 weeks. I know it's across a competing broadcast owner but LM is the addicting part of sportscars.
Old 30 May 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2701201)   #255
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just finished watching the race. I replicate everyone elses sentiments. Great race from start to finish.

And, really, RLM showed just how good they can be with camera footage as well. I hope the powers at be see the value in this.
Just like Declan during Midweek Motorsport, I'm blowing it up Hindy's behind but he and the team certainly deserve it. Jeremy and him did a great job in the booth and Jaime was a nice presence in the pit lane.
Great deal by todocast and ALMS.
Old 30 May 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2701338)   #256
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll also throw in two thumbs up for Intersport's work. If their streaming of the race wasn't good enough, this recap really showed their skill. I'd like to see SPEED, SPEED2, or even ToDoCast streaming of every race, followed a week later by a 90 minute infomercial on CBS, ABC, NBC, or FOX all done by Intersport in the future for the ALMS.

Chris
Old 30 May 2010, 23:22 (Ref:2701417)   #257
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I definitely think having more than a few of the races done by Intersport for broadcast covergae would really increase the fanbase, especially if they could do a couple hour replay of PLM. It would be really tight finding a channel to air it during football season, but maybe NBC or ABC would give sportscars a chance a week later or FOX since they don't have any college games nationally.
Old 31 May 2010, 01:16 (Ref:2701480)   #258
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The CBS broadcast had way too many commercials. If I were a new or casual fan watching it 'live' I probably would have changed the channel. I'm glad I recorded it and was able to fastforward the promos.

They could have turned down the rock music at times it seemed to drown out the natural sounds like during pit stops.
Old 31 May 2010, 02:11 (Ref:2701496)   #259
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I felt it was a good mix. I think you have to go into it realizing that you aren't watching the race. The race was streamed live a week ago. All this was promising to be was a review of the race in the style of Truth in 24, and it most certainly delivered. I noticed on the credits, NFL Films was credited. If the ALMS gets noticed by NFL Films and gets favorable interest from the company, they are a big player seeing as how they have the huge NFL behind them. Don't know how the ALMS would interest the NFL, but stranger things have happened. I don't expect the NFL to use the ALMS as a way of battling NASCAR (quite frankly that's my dream) but maybe more eyeballs get turned in the direction of the ALMS somehow because people notice that NFL Films is producing really cool documentaries about a cool series with Porsches and Ferraris and grid girls and Patron.

Chris
Old 31 May 2010, 03:08 (Ref:2701520)   #260
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
NFL Films did some of the work on Truth in 24 as well. I'm not sure how or if Interport and NFL Films are related, I didn't see anything on their website about it but the 2 productions of theirs I've seen definitely had an NFL Films feel to them.
Old 31 May 2010, 12:34 (Ref:2701715)   #261
Martyn_
Rookie

United Kingdom
Martyn_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't suppose anyone knows where someone in the UK might be able to watch the CBS show do they?
Old 31 May 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2701721)   #262
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
It was on Motor's TV yesterday. I'd check their website for rebroadcast schedules. That is the best I can do for you, sorry Martyn.

Chris
Old 31 May 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2701942)   #263
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just to add for Martyn, it will be aired again on MotorsTV tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday at different times:

- http://www.motorstv.com/your-downloa...9_20100604.pdf

I'm not sure if the times are CET or GMT so you best have a look.

On Wednesday it seems to be at 21:00 or 22:00 for your (it says 21:00 on the guide).
Tomorrow it's at around midnight. Thursday it is on in the middle of the afternoon.

Coincidentally, I was watching the stream at the same time MotorsTV was showing the end and, unless my TV is dying (and I think it is anyways), the image on the stream was far more crisp.

Last edited by AndrewF31; 31 May 2010 at 18:56. Reason: added comments on the image quality
Old 1 Jun 2010, 10:45 (Ref:2702414)   #264
Martyn_
Rookie

United Kingdom
Martyn_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's not it is it? That's just Motors TV's coverage of the race I believe.

That's what this RLM tweet seems to suggest anyway:
http://twitter.com/radiolemans/status/15033646100

The CBS film was an hour and a half and was more of a documentary rather than race coverage.

I saw the race live and you can replay the whole thing online anyway, I'm just quite interested in seeing this CBS documentary as it's by the same guys that did Truth in 24 isn't it?

Oh... and, I don't have MotorsTV!
Old 1 Jun 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2702550)   #265
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Would be nice if they added it to iTunes like they did with Truth in 24.
Old 2 Jun 2010, 15:36 (Ref:2703272)   #266
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Did anybody else notice the trophies were all mixed on the podium? Thought I saw Highcroft with 2 LMP-C trophies (Marino got an LMP one) on tv and having seen a few pics now, a couple of the Challenge trophies were awarded to the regular class winners, seems like somebody at the ALMS was sleeping a little, or was really new.
Old 4 Jun 2010, 12:54 (Ref:2704507)   #267
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
I think that is Misty's turf. Don't think she is directly hands on with the trophies, I think that is the job of quality ALMS volunteers like myself. Also, does anyone know if Laguna was Misty's last race? Or had she finished already before Laguna? In which case, blame it on the new guy, and forget what I said about the quality ALMS volunteers!

Chris