Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 16 Nov 2006, 20:22 (Ref:1768036)   #26
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone run these ARDS test at the weekend now we are outside of the main season.
Although part back on the subject I have to say £85 is a bit steep.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 20:53 (Ref:1768049)   #27
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My dads just had his medical to renew his Class 2 HGV licence, it cost him £80 and we're certainly not in a well to do area! Apparently it's £100 if it's done through a company.

I price jobs for my work, and well £80 for someone qualified like a doctor isn't that bad, when you consider in my trade we charge £30 + per hour for someone who is for all intensive purposes a general labourer! Then you get plumbers!
Old 16 Nov 2006, 21:43 (Ref:1768069)   #28
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveng
As a hospital doctor I have to go to my GP for a medical just like everyone else, my current GP races a very quick Lancia Stratos Rep in SRGT, strangely enough he doesn't charge me.
That'll be doctor Roger then, a very nice man indeed and he knows how a car works as well as the human body

Quote:
Facemob, don't worry about all those years and expense of medical school I'm sure your daughter will make it all up when she gets to cash in on the race driver medical market, I reckon she could be onto a fortune!
Yeah, she will, but I doubt I will, unless of course she can do my medicals and not charge me
Old 16 Nov 2006, 21:51 (Ref:1768076)   #29
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
My heart bleeds for you doctors it really does, now we have people quoting £35 or £50 Ok fair enough even £50 but bloody £85 and as it seems to go up a tenner a year it will probably be £95 next time and I swear I will be in there 15 minutes max, rip off.
Al, the money you earn you could afford double the £85 couldn't you, and you didn't even have to do any training for your job, just spend a couple of hundred quid on a computer and printer and rent a shop.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 21:55 (Ref:1768079)   #30
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I don't rent a shop I own it what do you think I am a mug? And I certainly cannot earn that sort of hourly rate!
Old 16 Nov 2006, 22:06 (Ref:1768090)   #31
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I Was Told Years Ago That The Motor Cycle Racers Used To Knock
A Few Years Off Their Age When First Applying For A Race Licence
So That They Could Prolong The Medical ! Could This Happen Now With Big Brother ?
Old 16 Nov 2006, 22:14 (Ref:1768096)   #32
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I don't rent a shop I own it what do you think I am a mug? And I certainly cannot earn that sort of hourly rate!
I very much doubt the doctor does either!
Old 16 Nov 2006, 22:32 (Ref:1768111)   #33
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Does when he sees me:-)
Old 16 Nov 2006, 23:02 (Ref:1768121)   #34
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wish I earned what my time is charged out at
Old 16 Nov 2006, 23:50 (Ref:1768155)   #35
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Al - 85 quid? - a bargain !
Just looked up my cheque stubs, mine was 88 last January for a pleasant 20 minute chat with my GP, while he poked and prodded. No discount for me despite him being a bit of a petrolhead (he has an Audi Quattro tucked away).
Any advance on 88?
Old 17 Nov 2006, 08:03 (Ref:1768294)   #36
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Cheque? Mine wants cash!
Old 17 Nov 2006, 08:58 (Ref:1768337)   #37
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
StephenRae should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seem to have damaged myself more than most over the years and each and every time the NHS has looked after me splendidly. My local surgery answers the phone straight away and appointments are never a problem...Oh as my doctor said she wouldn't dream of charging me for the medical, it only takes two minutes!
Old 17 Nov 2006, 11:01 (Ref:1768425)   #38
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I need to book and pay for a medical, I read very closely and it has to be done within 6 months of license renewal, thereby meaning its impossible to use one medical for 2 years. bloody swizz if you ask me

still £200 a year isn't the end of the world when you consider all the other blighters lifting cash from the bank account every month !
Old 17 Nov 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1768521)   #39
steveng
Racer

England
Beverley East Yorkshire
steveng should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for all the supportive comments about my profession guys. We are just trying to make a crust like anyone else.
It is not the medical profession who set out the rules WRT medicals it is the RAC MSA. The same people who think we need new seat belts, helmets etc even when the old ones are perfectly okay.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 12:53 (Ref:1768560)   #40
scrutineer
Racer

scrutineer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The same people who think we need new seat belts, helmets etc even when the old ones are perfectly okay.
And you know that because your a doctor I guess
But does the MSA set out the charges that doctors make? I think thats up to the doctor, as for 'it only takes 2 mins' she cant be doing it right surly, it takes longer than that to give the sample LOL. I would have thought an hour should be right.
I didnt think you needed a medical if you already had a licence, unless you are upgrading or are over a certain age.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 13:04 (Ref:1768572)   #41
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrutineer
I didnt think you needed a medical if you already had a licence, unless you are upgrading or are over a certain age.
It's the age thing which includes a lot of us on here.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 13:09 (Ref:1768575)   #42
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenRae
I seem to have damaged myself more than most over the years and each and every time the NHS has looked after me splendidly. My local surgery answers the phone straight away and appointments are never a problem...Oh as my doctor said she wouldn't dream of charging me for the medical, it only takes two minutes!
North south divide yet again, I may move up ther cause believe me you guys win hands down everytime up in the north and seem to have far more spending money lower wages or not and I bet thats marginal.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 13:11 (Ref:1768576)   #43
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I have had a few over the years and I think half hour would be about right and I don't mind paying fifty quid as I feel that is OK but anymore smacks of extorsion sorry.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 13:24 (Ref:1768582)   #44
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Al, doctors are still a lot cheaper than solicitors.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 14:09 (Ref:1768613)   #45
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Does when he sees me:-)
He thinks you are younger ,its probably "THE WAX JOB" Al.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 15:15 (Ref:1768651)   #46
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
StephenRae should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
I've just paid my solicitor £80 to change one name on one document ...but back to medicals, Have the sample ready, memorise the eye test chart, give your doc tickets and make a fuss of her kids when they come racing....its worked so far!
Old 17 Nov 2006, 16:18 (Ref:1768678)   #47
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickkicker
Does anyone run these ARDS test at the weekend now we are outside of the main season.
Although part back on the subject I have to say £85 is a bit steep.
Phone Silverstone.!
Old 17 Nov 2006, 16:22 (Ref:1768681)   #48
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Stress Related can be streched out to three years if you plan it out,you will still need an anuall med though.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 19:51 (Ref:1768790)   #49
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Dont like those robbers either.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 22:26 (Ref:1768866)   #50
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anybody else notice that all of a sudden the Therapeutic Use Exemption is now 40 notes? And that the printing on the list of banned substances is so small that anyone old enough to need a medical can't read it, thereby forcing us to apply for it just in case!

Any doctors here can advise whether salbutomol is on the banned list? TIA.