Old 16 Feb 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1227172)   #1
zzpza
Rookie

Russian Federation
basingrad
zzpza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
zzpza - new user

hi,

i signed up yesterday so thought i'd say hi. i've looked about and can't find a new user thread, so sorry if i've missed it. i thought this was the closest to it, so in an effort to keep it on topic, i'll tell you a little about my cars.

i'm a sucker for pop up headlights, so i have a totally original 1989 porsche 944 turbo se (250bhp not the 220bhp one) with m030 suspension - what they used in the turbo cup, 330mm disks all round with brembo four pot callipers as well as fully adjustable (front and rear) suspension. it's pretty quick (0-60 in 5.2 and standing 1/4 in high 13's) but is currently wrapped up in bed (the garage) for winter.

my daily driver is a fairly heavily modified 1983 porsche 924 lux 2.0l. people say it's an audi, but i don't care. porsche designed it and that's good enough for me. it's had extensive head work, bigger throttle body, brakes off a 911sc and anti roll bars from a 944. the only cosmetic mods are a set of light weight magnesium porsche 924 turbo alloys. the engine mods have added about 20bhp. that doesn't sound like much, but it's still running the stock manifolds, cam and cis. most of the mods were ground work for running a coulpe of dcoe's and a nice cam the car's off the road at the moment getting ready for a respray and some stiffer front springs.

i'm currently driving about in a 1989 mk2 golf gti 8v. it's my 5th 'dub and i love them. parts are cheap, very economical (gti will do 38 to 40mpg on the motorway) and they usually have good handling (my 'rocco was a little hard through). it's a bit of a shed, but i only paid £300 for it.

thanx,
jules.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 14:15 (Ref:1227229)   #2
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome 'Z',

A nice trio of motors you have there.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 14:18 (Ref:1227233)   #3
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome to the forum zzpza!

Some nice motors you have there! Be sure to have a look around ten tenths - there's a forum to suit every kind of motorsport nut and a few besides!
Old 16 Feb 2005, 18:36 (Ref:1227454)   #4
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"ZZ Plural Z Alpha! How did we come to be there? I mean that's nowhere!"

I didn't know there were Hitchhikers fans in deepest Russia...,

Last edited by Mathias; 16 Feb 2005 at 18:37.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 18:44 (Ref:1227464)   #5
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome to 10/10ths zzpza, hope you enjoy our forum!

"What does the 'Z' mean?"
"Which one"
"...Any of them!"
Old 16 Feb 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1227474)   #6
zzpza
Rookie

Russian Federation
basingrad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias
"ZZ Plural Z Alpha! How did we come to be there? I mean that's nowhere!"

I didn't know there were Hitchhikers fans in deepest Russia...,
GIVE THE MAN A CIGAR!!!! You are the 1st person EVER to get my username without prompting! Kudos to you!!

As for Russia, it's an in-joke with my friends. Basingstoke isn't too bad now, but when I moved here is was a real dump (before all the redevelopment of the last five years to so) and was refered to as Basingrad by several frinds of mine. They then went on to name Reading as "The People's Republic of Reading" due to the "you must conform" nature of the one way systems, ridiculous multiple speed bumps and traffic calming features.

Have a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster on me.
Zaphod (aka Jules).
Old 16 Feb 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1227520)   #7
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[off topic]Just out of interest, what do you and your friends call Slough?? [/off topic]
Old 16 Feb 2005, 22:58 (Ref:1227722)   #8
zzpza
Rookie

Russian Federation
basingrad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle
Welcome to 10/10ths zzpza, hope you enjoy our forum!

"What does the 'Z' mean?"
"Which one"
"...Any of them!"
Old 16 Feb 2005, 23:02 (Ref:1227729)   #9
zzpza
Rookie

Russian Federation
basingrad
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
[off topic]Just out of interest, what do you and your friends call Slough?? [/off topic]
not quite as interesting, but my friend from the westcountry pronounced it as if it was spelt 'sluff' and it's stuck every since.

thankfully i've only had the 'pleasure' of driving through it about three times on my way to the thames vallery region of tipec (porsche owners club). i've seen it on road wars / police camera several times though!

j.