Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Mar 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3050631)   #251
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team RaceArt with BMW Z4 GT3 in Pro/Am Cup

Drivers:
Roger Grouwels
Phil Bastiaans
Niels Bouwhuis
Robert Nearn
Jaap van Lagen

http://www.raceart.eu/news/bmw-z4-gt3-confirmed
Old 30 Mar 2012, 10:44 (Ref:3050781)   #252
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
yes, seems to have the old v4o cars too - wonder how many BMWs Bartels has bought, he can't do VLM, BES and GT1 with two cars surely. Are there two for GT1 and two for Europe?
There'd have to be more then two, if there were only two then a big crash in one race would affect the other series programmes. Not sure how much money Bartels has these days (heard rumours of Vitaphone was scaling back its sponsorship a while back). Would make sense to race two in GT1 and have the other two for BES and VLN.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 11:06 (Ref:3050789)   #253
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hoping that vita4one will run both cars in pro class (JorritVD where did you pic that gtr2 pic?)
Old 30 Mar 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3050794)   #254
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
JorritVD where did you pic that gtr2 pic?
It's my own picture, I've helped the team with the designs
Old 30 Mar 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3050931)   #255
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
AMG Customer teams release mentions Premium Motorsports Poland as running an SLS in BES this year, has anything more been heard about this programme?
Old 30 Mar 2012, 17:44 (Ref:3050939)   #256
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorritVD View Post
It's my own picture, I've helped the team with the designs
Why not orange instead of red?
Old 31 Mar 2012, 00:12 (Ref:3051065)   #257
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Why not orange instead of red?
team's choice
Old 31 Mar 2012, 08:41 (Ref:3051142)   #258
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
According to Anthony Kumpen's website he is sharing a KRK Mercedes SLS with Wauter and Karl Wendlinger. Was thinking he might end up racing a SLS when I heard Wendlinger had been appointed a brand ambassador/driving instructor to AMG recently.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3051212)   #259
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorritVD View Post
team's choice
Ok
I have the impression orange suits better to the Grouwels Vastgoed and Phil Bastiaans Driving Experience logos.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 13:46 (Ref:3051729)   #260
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't think this is April fools but an Audi Sport Unofficial page on FB (which held the flag for Audi Sport until Audi Sport opened their own page) is reporting Audi Sport Italia will compete in the Spa 24 hours with an R8 LMS Ultra with Filipe Albuquerque, Eduardo Mortara and Dindo Capello.
Haven't heard about Audi Sport Italia in the Italian GT Championship so still waiting for more confirmation to really believe this.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 14:13 (Ref:3051741)   #261
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Audi Sport Italia ran a pair of R8s in last year's Italian GT season, so I guess it's safe to believe that.
Old 2 Apr 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3052186)   #262
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Sounds too sensible to be an April Fools joke, if it were you'd expect the lineup to include all their Le Mans stars, McNish, Kristensen etc. Looks pretty plausible especially with Dindo in a Audi running under the Audi Italia banner, hope it happens.
Old 2 Apr 2012, 11:36 (Ref:3052240)   #263
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Anybody seen a timetable yet? Les than 2 weeks before the start of the opening event...
Old 2 Apr 2012, 12:53 (Ref:3052282)   #264
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I suspect you can take a copy of last year's and change the last number on it from a '1' to a '2'. Are we still expecting the 'revival series' to show up at all?
Old 2 Apr 2012, 15:00 (Ref:3052331)   #265
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
This has been on the website since early December?
http://www.blancpain-endurance-serie...em.php?key=217
Old 2 Apr 2012, 15:48 (Ref:3052350)   #266
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
I assume he's looking for details such as race start time, qualifying times etc.

I retract my previous statement as the dates imply that the event starts on a Friday this year, and not the Saturday as in 2011. Might be a day of optional testing, but you've made me curious now!
Old 2 Apr 2012, 17:00 (Ref:3052390)   #267
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As things were on the draft timing...Practice and pre-qualifying Friday, Qualifying Saturday, Race Sunday
Old 5 Apr 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3054214)   #268
tbz
Racer

tbz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kessel Racing confirmed Valentino Rossi for Monza.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 23:46 (Ref:3054297)   #269
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbz View Post
Kessel Racing confirmed Valentino Rossi for Monza.
A nice addition to the grid. I recall he enjoyed taking part in the Vallelunga Six hour a couple of years ago so its good to see him back in GT racing. However Im surprised Ducati let him do this just after the start of a motogp season.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 14:36 (Ref:3054487)   #270
alexkiller8
Veteran

at least is really unprobable that he will break some shoulders/legs bone driving a gt3 car. Will be nice to see the pace of rossi, if is good maybe he can run also during 24h of spa (i didn't check if clashes with some motogp race). Afterall in his youth he already experienced endurance races (8h of suzuka)
Old 6 Apr 2012, 15:21 (Ref:3054494)   #271
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
at least is really unprobable that he will break some shoulders/legs bone driving a gt3 car. Will be nice to see the pace of rossi, if is good maybe he can run also during 24h of spa (i didn't check if clashes with some motogp race). Afterall in his youth he already experienced endurance races (8h of suzuka)

There is a MotoGP race the same weekend as the Blancpain races in Silverstone, Paul Ricard and Spa...
Old 6 Apr 2012, 15:48 (Ref:3054511)   #272
GTKers
Racer

Italy
Italy
GTKers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He could race on other series tough
Old 6 Apr 2012, 16:24 (Ref:3054527)   #273
alexkiller8
Veteran

as third driver for AF Corse in some race of ELMS, or some other race in blancpain or italian GT won't be so bad for him. Maybe next year a little though for le mans won't be so bad, afterall if i remember well in 2010 alesi during his AF Corse season in an interview said that he would be really happy if rossi could join him in the french race.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 19:12 (Ref:3054591)   #274
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it's only a matter of time before we see Rossi at Le Mans. Can't wait!
Old 7 Apr 2012, 00:28 (Ref:3054683)   #275
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Not so much the chance of injury (there is always the chance though-on two wheels or four) but I thought that something like this may be frowned upon by Ducati as they may have seen it as a distraction. But then again its The Doctor and if he wants to do something like this, he just does it and I guess the team just has to grin and bear it.

Shame about the clash with Spa-would be nice to see him in a longer race again.