Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Jan 2012, 00:10 (Ref:3017141)   #101
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
remember that when Ratel counts entries, he includes all one-offs in that list too. As well as anyone who he once heard that might possibly consider and entry should the moons and stars all align and the DeltaWing win Le Mans.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 12:36 (Ref:3017301)   #102
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
remember that when Ratel counts entries, he includes all one-offs in that list too. As well as anyone who he once heard that might possibly consider and entry should the moons and stars all align and the DeltaWing win Le Mans.
Also, the GT4 entry list is quite empty (There will be more cars) for what should be, maserati's gineta's Lotus, nissan z, etc..

Last edited by urdragon; 26 Jan 2012 at 12:42.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 20:20 (Ref:3017450)   #103
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BES oficial FB:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blanc...96700947027424

"I have the pleasure to confirm today the 5th Audi on the grid and may be not the last..."
Old 26 Jan 2012, 21:56 (Ref:3017491)   #104
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't even know what the other 4 Audis were. Nothing seemed confirmed from WRT at least so are there other Audis out there? Phoenix Racing?
Old 27 Jan 2012, 12:04 (Ref:3017740)   #105
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTE=GregoryDG;3017115]You're saying that you won't believe anything that isn't confirmed[/QUOTE

No I didn't, there are just some specific ones I'm unsure about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
but at the same time you are assuming that Trackspeed will 'have Pro-Am lineups anyway'?
Yes, last year in BGT they ran two Pro-Am lineups (as required by the rules though possibly) and they've announced their lineups for this year as Westbrook/Ashburn, Steve Tandy/Joe Osborn and Tim Harvey/Jon Minshaw. Any of those sound fully pro to you? Unless they're combining BGT with a BES partial season, I don't see them doing any more than Silverstone and Spa at most since they confirmed for BGT.

[QUOTE=GregoryDG;3017115]Although nothing is confirmed, I guess we will see WRT back (certainly for Spa 24h). [QUOTE]

Agreed, step up to World GT (if it happens) is a big one so I expect them to sacrifice the rest of the BES calendar. Though I'm still hopeful WGT won't happen and they'll be back.

Quote:
If you're telling that Vita4One 'hardly ran a pro car last year in anything but name', then you should take a look at what drivers they've used last year.
They used some decent drivers, yes, but rarely together in one car last year. I imagine they'll save any true Pro lineups for WGT with the BMWs too.

Quote:
Same story for Trackspeed, they've announced two cars (Pro + Pro/Am).
A long time ago. See my answer above though, which is based on the news we've had since.

Quote:
KRK is definitly a Pro entry......
Apologies, my bad, was getting this mixed up because of their Spa entries under Dutch colours last year. Though neither Wauters or van Hooydonk are that known for their speed.

Good news that there are a few Audis in regardless of the WRT situation anyway.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 13:46 (Ref:3017791)   #106
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Apologies, my bad, was getting this mixed up because of their Spa entries under Dutch colours last year. Though neither Wauters or van Hooydonk are that known for their speed.
No problem, Wauters has been racing in Belgium and I understand that he isn't well-known abroad. Van Hooydonk raced in F3000 and had an F1 test with Minardi, but he has been racing in Belgium for the last 5 years.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3018844)   #107
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
United getting serious.
Brabs racing United McLaren in BES.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 11:10 (Ref:3018853)   #108
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so brabham doing both wec and blancpain this year?
Old 30 Jan 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3018870)   #109
Mopar
Racer

Mopar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More B.E.S GT3 news, we knew RJN were stepping up a class and racing the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3, now they have confirmed one of their drivers:-

Jann Mardenborough

This guy was seriously quick in the 370Z at the Dubai 24 hours so should be interesting to watch in the Blancpain!
Old 30 Jan 2012, 13:04 (Ref:3018898)   #110
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
United getting serious.
Fantastic lineup. Glad to see UA getting a good set of drivers together.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 14:36 (Ref:3018929)   #111
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
WRT will do the whole championship (with 2 cars I presume) and will have Laurens Vanthoor as the only Belgian driver behind the wheel. Laurens will also get to drive in World GT.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 15:39 (Ref:3018958)   #112
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
WRT will do the whole championship (with 2 cars I presume) and will have Laurens Vanthoor as the only Belgian driver behind the wheel. Laurens will also get to drive in World GT.
Do you have a source for this? Not doubting you, just want to see where it came from. Having WRT back would be really great.

Also happy to hear about United's driving lineup. That's potentially the strongest lineup in the field and the pro/am one should be really competitive as well. BES is really picking up momentum.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 16:24 (Ref:3018976)   #113
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
Do you have a source for this? Not doubting you, just want to see where it came from. Having WRT back would be really great.
Here it is:

Quote:
Laurens Vanthoor switches to GT racing and the Belgian WRT. He will be competing in the World Championship for Audi, if that championship takes place of course. Vanthoor also gets a seat in the Blancpain Endurance Series, with of course has the 24 Hours of Spa as a premier event.

Possibly Laurens Vanthoor will be the only Belgian at WRT for both programs. Young talent Enzo Ide, champion Greg Franchi and other Belgian drivers are not longer part of the team. Also we won't see WRT in FIAGT3 this year.
http://sport.turbomagazine.be/news_N...voor_GT_s.html
Old 30 Jan 2012, 17:58 (Ref:3019015)   #114
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Strange that WRT has parted with Franchi, maybe he´s promoted within Audi Sport?
Old 30 Jan 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3019017)   #115
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for that! Good to see WRT planning to do both and defending their championship from last year.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 20:47 (Ref:3019084)   #116
jo1998sh
Rookie

United Kingdom
jo1998sh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With probably around 40-50 cars each round this is looking great for this year, but wont they need to turn away cars for the Spa 24 hours as there will be a lot of cars wanting an entry judging on last year.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 22:57 (Ref:3019161)   #117
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
they might do, but they should have an epic reserve list judging from last year

Hadn't noticed before but, although the website remains TBA, the Provisional Calendar in the series' 2012 handbook states Germany as TBC and lists Barcelona as a definite. Nicest calendar of any European series by far, much as I'm not a fan of Paul Ricard.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3019174)   #118
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
Quote:
they might do, but they should have an epic reserve list judging from last year

Hadn't noticed before but, although the website remains TBA, the Provisional Calendar in the series' 2012 handbook states Germany as TBC and lists Barcelona as a definite. Nicest calendar of any European series by far, much as I'm not a fan of Paul Ricard.
Nope, that has changed into Nürburgring and Motorland Aragon.

I spoke to somebody who has got some inside information, and he said that there are only 70 spots on the grid for Spa 24h. Having more than 60 full season entries (not confirmed, but definitly possible) could make it very hard to get a one-off entry at Spa...
Old 31 Jan 2012, 09:46 (Ref:3019311)   #119
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
United getting serious.
That was a welcome surprise today to hear about. Great to see that Brabs will be driving in GT alongside his WEC LMP ride with JRM. Thats a strong lineup with Parente and Bell, hopefully McLaren have fixed the cars problems and its strong in 2012.

Quote:
So the Belgian team WRT is racing with only one Belgian driver? It seems a bit weird to me that a lot of the Belgian drivers have left the team, maybe something has happened behind the scenes? Vincent Voss is still the manager?
Old 31 Jan 2012, 19:11 (Ref:3019495)   #120
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Having more than 60 full season entries (not confirmed, but definitly possible)
Not sure about Monza and Silverstone but that´s certainly too much for Paul Ricard, Nurburgring and Motorland. Regs won´t allow it...

Edit: Also 2 extra Z4´s from ROAL, see http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ocus-9425.html

It´s getting crowded. (And I´m loving it!)

Last edited by Coach Ep; 31 Jan 2012 at 19:18.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3019518)   #121
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is going to be the top gt series in 2012. so many teams and cars and manufacturers.... but ,just like in wec, i would hate to see full season entries not accepted because of space issues. ugh...
Old 31 Jan 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3019536)   #122
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think the field is gonna be THAT massive... Last year before the season started Ratel was talking about the same exact massive figures but eventually the races were averaging on about 30 cars.

GT4 field should look pathetic again, am I right?
Old 31 Jan 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3019618)   #123
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
yeah, i'm with you chiana, i don't think it's going to be massively bigger than last year, but i'm hoping it has a bit more strength and hopefully will pick up a few more entries when World GT goes under.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 00:41 (Ref:3019648)   #124
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Want the season to start NOW! July and the Spa 24hr can't come soon enough!!
Old 1 Feb 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3019803)   #125
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I'm with you on the Spa date.
I'm a VERY proud Daddy today, as Number 1 Son is Press Officer for a full time Professional team in Blancpain this season.
*GRINS BEAMINGLY*
Not bad for all of 22 years old!