Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 8 Dec 2011, 19:30 (Ref:2997169)   #1
NelSimRacer
Rookie

United Kingdom
NelSimRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gaming Cockpit Launch

Hi Guys & Girls,
We have just launched NelSimRacer.co.uk and would welcome any views you have of the website and its content. More importantly we would like you to pre-order one!!

Last edited by MagnetON; 9 Dec 2011 at 09:31. Reason: This is an approved advert.
Old 9 Dec 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2997437)   #2
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like the sim rig equivalent of one of those race car beds
Old 9 Dec 2011, 11:15 (Ref:2997490)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
/\ LOL so true!

Selby
Old 10 Dec 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2997980)   #4
NelSimRacer
Rookie

United Kingdom
Not sure I understand what you mean by it looks like the equivalent to the beds?
You don't have to buy it with the wheels and wings you know. We offer it without as the Clubman model.
Old 10 Dec 2011, 13:02 (Ref:2998025)   #5
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
It just looks more toy/child orientated.

I'm sure it's decent, I just expected a little bit more of an enclosure when I read 'cockpit', I guess. It just looks like most usual wheel setups.

Thanks for sharing, though!

Selby
Old 11 Dec 2011, 13:45 (Ref:2998409)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I confess to me it does look 'toylike' with the go-faster stripes and the wheels and wings. True gamers really only want seat, wheel, pedals and shifter don't they? Hell, I get enough stick from people seeing my old MOMO Force sitting on my study desk..... mind you, I am 54!
Old 14 Dec 2011, 06:30 (Ref:2999537)   #7
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well it's certainly got a USP in a time when simrigs are all looking a bit samey...

But I'm not so sure it's a USP that's going to work out. Even in Clubman Trim It looks like the sort of thing you'd see in a childs dream sequence in a film and I reckon it's appeal would be very limited.

As a sim racing fan myself with a 10 year old son who is also pretty handy behind the "Virtual" wheel I wouldn't buy that rig for my son or for myself ... especially at £450 and even more so when a quick google search for a seat with a comparable price turns out:

The R Seat Evo for £398 (Much better looking)

GamePOD GT2 at £499 (Again, better looking and a known great quality rig as I have 2 in my house right now)

Playseat Evo at £329 (Also a known quality as I have had one for 5 hard years, it's worn and grubby now but I should never have bought a white one LOL)

Sorry to sound negative NelSim but you asked for views and that's my honest view...I'll ask my son when he gets out of bed and see what he thinks and report back

Perry McCarthy
Old 14 Dec 2011, 07:07 (Ref:2999546)   #8
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
My son has had a look and his vew is pretty negative too ... big thumbs down I'm afraid.

Perry McCarthy
Old 14 Dec 2011, 16:52 (Ref:2999749)   #9
NelSimRacer
Rookie

United Kingdom
Thank you for your comments. A bit frustrating when something is unique but supposedly not good enough to change peoples minds over the same looking type rigs out there. Only time will tell......

And so perhaps we should market the original idea which we had as a third option to get people appreciating the quality of our work. It was more that we wanted to release something completely different.

If we can improve the manufacturing process to reduce the selling costs do you think that would help or are you all saying its just a bad design and no matter how cheap it is nobody would want it?
Old 14 Dec 2011, 18:01 (Ref:2999793)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
To be honost I do not really like the wheel and wing on the Sport Edition.
There's nothing wrong with the looks of the Clubman cockpit.
Old 14 Dec 2011, 19:13 (Ref:2999845)   #11
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelSimRacer View Post
Thank you for your comments. A bit frustrating when something is unique but supposedly not good enough to change peoples minds over the same looking type rigs out there. Only time will tell......
Sorry about that but I'm sure you wouldn't want someone to say "WOW THAT'S AWESOME" just to appease you, I really do wish you all the best with the project, it's great to see more people coming up with even more choice of rigs over the last year.

Quote:
And so perhaps we should market the original idea which we had as a third option to get people appreciating the quality of our work. It was more that we wanted to release something completely different.
I'd be very interested in seeing what the 3rd option is and giving feedback (if you want it)

Quote:
If we can improve the manufacturing process to reduce the selling costs do you think that would help or are you all saying its just a bad design and no matter how cheap it is nobody would want it?
I really can't believe how much the price has gone up recently That Playseat Rig I posted earlier is exactly the same Playseat that I bought 5 years ago, yet mine cost me £207 .... how can it now be £329?

Funny thing is, people seem happy to pay the money, I'm currently testing and review a £1300 Seat and a €500 Steering wheel with €200 pedals and getting lots of interest.

If there's a way to get the price down I'm sure it would be very welcome, good rigs in the more affordable price range are very sparse at the moment, also it's not that the design is bad, the frame (Clubman) is OK although a bit garish, if the stripes on the seat and framework were lost It'd probably look better (but that's just personal taste)

If the nosecone (wheelstand) could be thinned down and made adjustable -perhaps with a hinge/ratchet idea at the front for adjustability of height/angle it'd work better 'cos from the pics the seat looks too high or the wheel looks too low to be a comfortable driving position. Having that nosecone is a great idea though, I think it's a good solution to the center post problem that you get with Playseat and with a little more design work could be a good looking and original way compared to the other designs.

I hope you find my comments constructive and wish you all the best for whatever rigs are coming in the future.

Cheers

JB

Perry McCarthy
Old 15 Dec 2011, 10:22 (Ref:3000120)   #12
NelSimRacer
Rookie

United Kingdom
All comments are constructive one way or another. Yes there are people who don't like it but we have had many that think its cool. I agree we don't want comments just to make us feel better, we want comments that make us work harder to improve the design.
In terms of design, we have in fact raised the steering wheel by about 40mm after we had the pre-production samples made ( although this may change again with other design changes we are trying to make ). I'm 5`10" and found the original position very comfortable but we felt taller people might bang their knees on the Logitech clamping arms ( don't seem to be able to remove these, unless you know how? ). You see, our design is more of a sit in it kind of rig as opposed to a sit on it one - I hate to drive a car that you feel like you sat on it so we didn't want that feeling on the cockpit either - maybe a bit daft but hey!. It was aimed as a lower priced Playseat F1 rig rather than the normal Playseat types - IE feet more out in front of you.
Seats are going to end up being a variable. We are planning on offering with others and maybe a rigid type as well.
Go faster stripes are there to make it stand out more and, was hoping it made it feel more racey - perhaps the combination with the seats is a stripe too far!
The nose section could be made thinner, its only 4" wide currently.
The idea behind the wings was to offer those who use surround speakers a place to mount them permanently in an attractive way and then the wheels/suspension just got added to the design to complete the single seater look.
We are trying to adapt the front end for people who want to use Thrustmaster T500 pedals.
Price - well steel has gone up considerably in price over the last 5 years as China bought all the stock and nobody over here could make it fast enough for the demand. Raw steel price varied daily which has been a nightmare.
We thought we'd pitched about right as something different to the normal style ones and quite a bit less than the Playseat F1 version. Maybe we should have offered it at over £1000 as, as you say, people seem happy to pay it! Sometimes cheap isn't always the way to go! Our original idea was a bit similar to the Human Racing GT rig which is £1200 ( ouch ), except ours was in steel/aluminium. We didn't get past the sketch idea as we thought it was too samey - maybe we try that for around £300?

If you wish to comment any further then please do so. Good or bad, everybody is entitled to an opinion.

We appreciate your time in looking at our products and assisting us with feedback. Thanks again.