Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 31 Mar 2008, 10:19 (Ref:2165998)   #1
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sunday 30th. Not a good day. Peter Wardle

Sad to have to report the passing of a very good personal friend and competitor.
Peter Wardle,who was a regular racer and comp sec,unfortunatly lost his battle against his illness yesterday.R.I.P Peter,it was good to have known and worked with you,it's our loss.
Old 31 Mar 2008, 10:41 (Ref:2166020)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very sad news on top of a weekend of sadness.
Old 31 Mar 2008, 10:45 (Ref:2166026)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you, Terry. A bad day, indeed.

RIP, Peter

Last edited by John Turner; 31 Mar 2008 at 10:58.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 07:19 (Ref:2166698)   #4
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
FYI - From the Thoroughbreds New Letter:-

WITH SADNESS
It is with much sadness that I have to report that Peter Wardle who ran the Thoroughbred Sportscar Championship as Treasurer and Chairman from the early 1990’s up until Colin Jones took over in the early 2000’s, has passed away.
Peter had suffered from Cancer and had managed to fight it off for quite a few years but it came back mid 2007 and he finally lost his battle yesterday, 30th March at the age of 61.
Peter loved racing his MG’s and campaigned his MGA RGS for many years and had been intending to come out in an MGA Coupe in 2007. He had also previously raced an MGB sharing it with his friend of many years Malcolm White. Peter leaves Janie his Wife.
God bless you Peter, you will be remembered – Rest in Peace.
Pam
Old 2 Apr 2008, 20:20 (Ref:2168129)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Jon.
Old 4 Apr 2008, 19:23 (Ref:2169790)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I spoke with Janie this afternoon,seems to be baring up very well. The Funeral will be held next Wed at 16.00 at Peterborough Crematorium.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 17:06 (Ref:2172475)   #7
Fris the Whizz
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolston, Nr Coventry
Fris the Whizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this the same Peter Wardle that raced F.Atlantic when I did in 1973? I used a Surtees TS10 (ex works car) and he and Bob Salisbury, in Bob Gerards car, used TS15's. Sorry to hear of his passing.

Geoff Friswell.