Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Mar 2015, 02:15 (Ref:3522049)   #1201
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
But at the same time you have to take her entire extended family out to dinner every week, costing ten times as much as taking your girlfriend out, shouting people you don't really like or care about...
Dont see that at all.

IT more like the new accomodation has a swimming pool and gym you will never use or just rarely. But the new accomodation is better overall, just costs more
Old 31 Mar 2015, 02:17 (Ref:3522050)   #1202
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What is this? Dr Phil?

You either pay for Foxtel and are overjoyed with the coverage.

Or you don't and you're not. Like me.

No relationship counselling necessary....
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 31 Mar 2015, 02:21 (Ref:3522052)   #1203
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Old 31 Mar 2015, 02:24 (Ref:3522053)   #1204
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
i think the example is, im sick of living in this slum, im moving to a better area. You can stay here in the slum but you will see me less, because im living in this better area, but come with me but it will cost you more rent.
I am sorry to hear that Pecky, is this a recent decision or has it come about over time? I see you have begun to contribute to the F1 forum, you will find more vocalisation about pay TV there than here, they hate it.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 02:26 (Ref:3522054)   #1205
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
What is this? Dr Phil?

but im glad Buckshot let go of his old GF because im enjoying her new digs and all the extras it provides
Old 31 Mar 2015, 03:18 (Ref:3522062)   #1206
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The viewing numbers which probably are some reflection of subscriber sign ups must have Foxtel thinking they paid way too much for V8 Supercars but should have moved on F1 years ago.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 03:47 (Ref:3522065)   #1207
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
The viewing numbers which probably are some reflection of subscriber sign ups must have Foxtel thinking they paid way too much for V8 Supercars but should have moved on F1 years ago.
Surely the test for Foxtel is increased subscribers from here on, Not where we are after one round.

I expect people to start joining from now on. Got the impression from social media that many people were not aware that it would be exclusive live on foxtel
Old 31 Mar 2015, 03:51 (Ref:3522066)   #1208
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Surely the test for Foxtel is increased subscribers, Not where we are after one round.

I expect people to start joining from now on
You are the only one then, have you been living under a rock?...Nextflix is in town and Foxtel numbers are going to plummet.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 03:56 (Ref:3522067)   #1209
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
You are the only one then, have you been living under a rock?...Nextflix is in town and Foxtel numbers are going to plummet.
what sport is netflix showing?

Did i mention Presto free on the telstra t box for 6 months unmetered
Old 31 Mar 2015, 03:57 (Ref:3522068)   #1210
pug205
Rookie

pug205 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I expect people to start joining from now on. Got the impression from social media that many people were not aware that it would be exclusive live on foxtel
If someone did not realise that was the case after it being general knowledge for over a year, I would guess that they are not that big of a V8 Supercar fan to start with. So are most likely not the kind of person to quickly drop $600+ to start watching it.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 04:06 (Ref:3522070)   #1211
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug205 View Post
If someone did not realise that was the case after it being general knowledge for over a year, I would guess that they are not that big of a V8 Supercar fan to start with. So are most likely not the kind of person to quickly drop $600+ to start watching it.
i suggest you have probably over estimated most peoples understanding of the day to day running of v8 supercar

Often something like this is the catalyst to make change, they had already been considering it but didnt see enough value now combined with v8s and football or some other interest its enough to consider spending the money.

For otehrs, like Buckshot, its the reason to finish their waning interest. So be it
Old 31 Mar 2015, 04:29 (Ref:3522072)   #1212
pug205
Rookie

pug205 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i suggest you have probably over estimated most peoples understanding of the day to day running of v8 supercar
That is probably true, have you seen the literacy of some of those people?
Old 31 Mar 2015, 04:37 (Ref:3522075)   #1213
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug205 View Post
That is probably true, have you seen the literacy of some of those people?
apparently if you say that on here you got blasted by people that think that illiterate people should not have the right to Foxtel

time will tell if this is a good move for Foxtel and v8s and its fans. but not sure we can draw that conclusion after one round
Old 31 Mar 2015, 05:45 (Ref:3522082)   #1214
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

but im glad Buckshot let go of his old GF because im enjoying her new digs and all the extras it provides
And even better news for Buckshot is that not as many blokes are checking out his old girlfriend these days.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 05:57 (Ref:3522088)   #1215
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the other hand, by going pay TV, the V8s could disenfranchise a large part of their long suffering grass roots support base...by not being easily accessible to the great unwashed, they just might decide to go to the Footy (or something else) instead...

When the guys with the spread sheets start to see dropping interest and revenue, they might just twig
Old 31 Mar 2015, 06:32 (Ref:3522096)   #1216
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been singing from that hymn sheet for some time 275 GTB-4. The Big Bash cricket would suggest that this may be the case, especially for niche sports like V8 Supercars...
Old 31 Mar 2015, 07:43 (Ref:3522120)   #1217
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
i think the example is, im sick of living in this slum, im moving to a better area. You can stay here in the slum but you will see me less, because im living in this better area, but come with me but it will cost you more rent.
OK... so your analogy here is that V8SC's is an upmarket bogan. Yeah, that fits, I'd agree with that. Sort of like moving out of Eagleby and into Woodridge.
Good work, that's one of your best, keep em comin'.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 08:49 (Ref:3522131)   #1218
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From someone who has had Foxtel and previously Austar for what seems like a gazillion years, mainly because in the old days in Darwin NOTHING was on FTA. The coverage from the weekend very reminiscent of the old days where a telecast of racing showed everything. If they could only get rid of the talking heads and reduced the breaks between races it would be fantastic. They could even double the number of races.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 10:08 (Ref:3522148)   #1219
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I've been singing from that hymn sheet for some time 275 GTB-4. The Big Bash cricket would suggest that this may be the case, especially for niche sports like V8 Supercars...
But A league would suggest the opposite.

I think you miss a key point with Big bash, its novel. I expect interest to decrease in coming years (time will tell of course)
Old 31 Mar 2015, 10:22 (Ref:3522152)   #1220
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
What is this? Dr Phil?

I was actually enjoying the counselling
Old 31 Mar 2015, 10:34 (Ref:3522156)   #1221
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Quote:
But A league would suggest the opposite.

I think you miss a key point with Big bash, its novel. I expect interest to decrease in coming years (time will tell of course)
Big Bash has had 2 years of growth since moving to FTA, with no sign of anything bar further growth.

A League are currently seeking a split FTA deal similar to NRL. Their crowds for this season currently are slightly down on last season, pay tv ratings arent that flash either. One proviso for the deal being sought is that it must be with either 10, 9 or 7. SBS are looking to get out of their current deal with the A league citing the fact that Fox are screwing them by requesting the ffa schedule big games (derbies etc) on Saturday nights and not on sbsS Fridays.

Last edited by mayhem; 31 Mar 2015 at 10:50.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 10:49 (Ref:3522162)   #1222
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Big Bash has had 2 years of growth since moving to FTA, with no sign of anything bar further growth.

A League are currently seeking a split FTA deal similar to NRL. Their crowds for this season currently are slightly down on last season, pay tv ratings arent that flash either. One proviso for the deal being sought is that it must be with either 10, 9 or 7.
like i said, time will tell with big bash

You mean A league are working on a split FTA package like V8 supercars don't you? (and AFL). will it have hour long highlights packages of the missing games (unlike AFL and NRL)?
Old 31 Mar 2015, 10:52 (Ref:3522164)   #1223
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its safe to say that this deal (and perhaps Mr Warburton's first order from Archer when he got the job) was done to right the ship as quickly as possible, monetarily, after the 13/14 season... ie..thinking short term rather than long term.

They've guarenteed TV income through 2020, have Gen2 rules announced that supposedly, on paper, will improve the series after 2017.....

...bulking up the attractive points for Archer to get serious about selling in a year or so's time??

Quote:
A League are currently seeking a split FTA deal similar to NRL. Their crowds for this season currently are slightly down on last season, pay tv ratings arent that flash either. One proviso for the deal being sought is that it must be with either 10, 9 or 7.
Agree completely

A-League ratings have never been that good.

The games popularity has boomed off the back of the atmosphere at the games with really good crowds particularly over the last three or so years, the local derbies are 'must attend' events.

The general consensus though is that the A-Leagues popularity boom in the last few years can't be maintained if they stick to being basically Pay-TV only (i know they show 1 match on SBS on a Friday night)
Old 31 Mar 2015, 10:52 (Ref:3522166)   #1224
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
No Pecky nothing like v8 supercars deal. More like nrl deal where fta (channel 9) dictate games/draw.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 10:58 (Ref:3522169)   #1225
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
No nothing like v8 supercars deal. More like nrl deal where fta (channel 9) dictate games/draw.
but still cant watch all the A league/NRL/AFL games on FTA. is a FTA channel going to outbid Fox for a league?

It was interesting on the weekend, the v8 sleuth suggested the media deal is actually with Fox for v8s, with it being sublet to ten for certain rounds. I had always assumed it was an equal agreement (but obviously unequal is live rounds shown)