Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Dec 2014, 23:32 (Ref:3488517)   #301
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 Dec 2014, 23:33 (Ref:3488518)   #302
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Outsourcing the aero and engine development to Polestar has saved them a fair bit of heartache. Clearly, the Swedes are an open-minded bunch, who've been able to get it all to work very well within the confines of the rules.
Old 29 Dec 2014, 23:35 (Ref:3488520)   #303
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Outsourcing the aero and engine development to Polestar has saved them a fair bit of heartache. Clearly, the Swedes are an open-minded bunch, who've been able to get it all to work very well within the confines of the rules.
And with months to focus specific resources on one aspect of the car's performance, not developing the whole thing like Nissan and Erebus have done.

In terms of who has paid what, you would have to say that Erebus spent most, followed by Volvo, then Nissan... assuming the pitlane chatter is correct
Old 1 Jan 2015, 03:32 (Ref:3489103)   #304
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If the stories are right, ErebusUte may be running as many as 4 utes in season 2015...

Definitely a revenue stream... presumably Mr Marjoram is back too
Old 2 Jan 2015, 01:56 (Ref:3489368)   #305
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And four different sponsors/associates who to shmooze into stepping up into V8 Supercarland?
Old 2 Jan 2015, 02:09 (Ref:3489374)   #306
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
And four different sponsors/associates who to shmooze into stepping up into V8 Supercarland?
Quite possibly, although it is also more than likely a means to keep the lights on at the sumptuous 'GT' facility at Moorabbin, a fuller program will keep the full time resources busier for sure.

Wonder if Mr Dixon's ute franchise (owned by Erebus) & car prep is being moved from Image Racing back to its owner's keep?
Old 2 Jan 2015, 02:34 (Ref:3489386)   #307
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Allegedly, the plan was to run at least one car full-time in AusGT.

No doubt, it'll need to be funded one way or another even if it's internal money.
Old 2 Jan 2015, 12:18 (Ref:3489488)   #308
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Honestly, what goes on in her head?? "Last night I cut my finger" Does she really think anyone cares? Considering the less than stellar position her franchise is in, you would imagine she'd be doing everything possible to encourage potential sponsors to part with their cash. Maybe I'm out of touch, but to me posting complete drivel like this is encouraging potential sponsors to RUN LIKE HELL!!!!!! I mean, what kind of positive coverage is she going to get them? It just begs belief the constant stream of crap she posts. "I'm getting fat 'cos I ate too many cakes over the holidays". "This year will be good 'cos uneven number years are always good for me". You'd think she was a 12 year old girl if you didn't know otherwise

Also the fact that the " I cut my finger" is first, and the racing team second, seems to me like her priorities aren't quite where any potential sponsor would want them to be. I mean if she cut her arm off in a gardening chainsaw mishap, sure, but "I cut my finger on the dish rack twice the same way" is hardly the kind of thing I would be telling the world ( I screwed up, but didn't learn and screwed up exactly the same way seconds later for the same result!! Duh me!! ), especially when you're trying to get people to dole out a couple of million so you can go racing.

I'm just sick and tired of her whole poor little rich girl / woe is me / I'm a girl taking on the boys / whatever else it is supposed to be routine. It's not working, it's never worked, despite mega $$$$$$$$ and big talent ( Stone Bros ), so admit defeat, and sell the team to someone who might have an honest go at it. No wonder MBA don't want a bar of it. They must cringe like hell every time a race meeting is on.
Old 2 Jan 2015, 12:42 (Ref:3489494)   #309
Umai Naa
Veteran

I follow the page, but I'm starting to reconsider.

2 years ago, when she was new to the game, what she was posting up was actually refreshing and insightful. Now, as you say, it's cringe-worthy.
Old 3 Jan 2015, 09:15 (Ref:3489686)   #310
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Allegedly, the plan was to run at least one car full-time in AusGT.

No doubt, it'll need to be funded one way or another even if it's internal money.
One car seems to be lined up, with Mr Twigg running with the Erebus squad. Presumably his involvement there would also include a B12 entry for this season.
Old 3 Jan 2015, 09:30 (Ref:3489689)   #311
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
One car seems to be lined up, with Mr Twigg running with the Erebus squad. Presumably his involvement there would also include a B12 entry for this season.
Certainly a step up from the Waldon Merc that he's been named in.
Old 4 Jan 2015, 01:36 (Ref:3489804)   #312
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting assessment of Erebus Here

Not too special a response from the CEO when asked directly about MBAuP support...

Odd..
Not sure why people are so surprised by this. Mercedes Australia was quite clear at the launch that they had no intention of offering factory support to a V8SA team.

Lee Holdsworth continuing posturing came to nothing and made him look decidedly foolish in the process & outcome.
Old 4 Jan 2015, 20:19 (Ref:3489907)   #313
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ryan Maddison used to be head of dealer liason @ MBHQ has some strong ties with dealers but clearly not strong enough pull @ HQ when they can only get Buckle's signage on the car

As for Betty I agree it was a breath of fresh air and great to have MB on the grid but now she comes across as cringeworthy and the rest of the team follows. They just look out of there depth and seriously the way they have treated people like Peter Hackett is shame full.

If they had any sense they would replace Maddison with Hackett - at least he has some black top racing experience and is well connected @ MBHQ and is a great networking along with being presentable
Old 4 Jan 2015, 22:00 (Ref:3489928)   #314
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Didn't I read somewhere that Geoff Emery is in the other Erebus SLS for this season?
Old 4 Jan 2015, 22:04 (Ref:3489930)   #315
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfiOz View Post
Didn't I read somewhere that Geoff Emery is in the other Erebus SLS for this season?
I thought they are both in the 1 car - utlising the 1 Pro / 1 Am arrangement for 2015.

Erebus said they did wish to enter a 2nd car if the drivers/$$$$ allowed.
Old 4 Jan 2015, 22:55 (Ref:3489945)   #316
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no idea where else to ask this, but when Ch7 showed Will Davison with his name and car number and where the team logo would usually be, they show "Honda" with the Wing symbol instead of "erebus". What bright spark put that against his name (has been for ages - i think from memory even back at HRT)? I bet it doesn't do wonders for his Ducati relationship either
Old 5 Jan 2015, 01:49 (Ref:3489971)   #317
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Honda motorcycles likely paid to sponsor the in-car camera in #9..

Arguably, of Erebus had corralled their own sponsor group, they would/could/should have been able to take that signage space. But looks not to have done so
Old 5 Jan 2015, 06:10 (Ref:3489996)   #318
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
no idea where else to ask this, but when Ch7 showed Will Davison with his name and car number and where the team logo would usually be, they show "Honda" with the Wing symbol instead of "erebus". What bright spark put that against his name (has been for ages - i think from memory even back at HRT)? I bet it doesn't do wonders for his Ducati relationship either
As GTR says, Honda sponsored that in-car camera. Honda were sponsoring the Nissan in-car camera's at times in 2013 too.

The bright spark was just doing their job correctly.
Old 5 Jan 2015, 21:23 (Ref:3490163)   #319
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't believe it was (always?) in-car cameras. I'm sure it was when the car was being shown from a trackside camera (also?).

If anyone still has it, showing Will at lap 35-ish of the Sunday race at Homebush reminded me of it. I've now deleted the recording
Old 5 Jan 2015, 23:27 (Ref:3490202)   #320
glenn_a
Racer

Australia
not far from the paddocks of Oran Park
glenn_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
I don't believe it was (always?) in-car cameras. I'm sure it was when the car was being shown from a trackside camera (also?).

If anyone still has it, showing Will at lap 35-ish of the Sunday race at Homebush reminded me of it. I've now deleted the recording
I think your right Axeman, I remember seeing it a few time from other camera angles.

Clipsal 2014 33.13 into the coverage, Hasn't SVG aged and lost his hair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n63ais_Kpc
Old 6 Jan 2015, 02:35 (Ref:3490239)   #321
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
As GTR says, Honda sponsored that in-car camera. Honda were sponsoring the Nissan in-car camera's at times in 2013 too.

The bright spark was just doing their job correctly.
I've never seen it (that I recall) appear against another driver's name or car
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn_a View Post
I think your right Axeman, I remember seeing it a few time from other camera angles.

Clipsal 2014 33.13 into the coverage, Hasn't SVG aged and lost his hair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n63ais_Kpc
Bright Spark detected
Old 6 Jan 2015, 23:45 (Ref:3490499)   #322
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caruso's is probably a more obvious clash with "Penrite" on the graphic and "Castrol" on his race suit.

Would assume that it's a telecast sponsorship offering that a couple of competitive brands are using to disrupt....
Old 8 Jan 2015, 07:13 (Ref:3490897)   #323
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Either the team pays for the camera and has full control over the pop-ups, or V8SC provide the camera and source advertising revenue adhoc. The team can still place in-car advertising within the camera view regardless.
Old 8 Jan 2015, 08:31 (Ref:3490915)   #324
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester View Post
Either the team pays for the camera and has full control over the pop-ups, or V8SC provide the camera and source advertising revenue adhoc. The team can still place in-car advertising within the camera view regardless.
I'd say the deal is something along the lines of teams pay a fee to have a camera, in return they get incidental coverage from inside the car and first right of refusal on any telecast graphics etc....
Old 11 Jan 2015, 05:10 (Ref:3491769)   #325
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quite possibly, although it is also more than likely a means to keep the lights on at the sumptuous 'GT' facility at Moorabbin, a fuller program will keep the full time resources busier for sure.

Wonder if Mr Dixon's ute franchise (owned by Erebus) & car prep is being moved from Image Racing back to its owner's keep?
Powder room has Mr Dontas at Erebus now in the ute with Kim Jane also taking his car to erebus for a 2 car team.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either